Who will be the Next Strawhat?

• Total voters
@evnsater Hey there! Would you like to make a bet with me? Because I strongly think that Lucci will join the SHP. If you are right and Carrot joins, than you win and I will change my avi for one month to whatever you wish. If I win, you will change yours for the same amount of time.

You in?

Luckily that is your opinion and facts> opinions.
I’m not ignoring it. I’m saying you read too much into it. Yes, Pedro wanted to join Roger, that is true. When was that? Wait that was in a flashback after he had sacrificed himself already. Oda added that to give his sacrifice even more weight. While he was alive he wanted to protect Zou. What you are also ignoring is the fact Inurashi and Nekomamushi use Pedro’s will to persuade Carrot to stay in Zou. Meaning his will was to protect Zou over all other things. You ignore that because it is not convenient to your cause. Also Pedro’s wish was to leave Zou and travel not particularly to join Roger and go to Laughtale. He did that before Luffy ever went to Zou. And Carrot had the same wish, which she fulfilled by traveling with the strawhats.

If everything that you listed indicates that Carrot is supposed to join, than why didn’t she? Why is she not a strawhat? Why wasn’t it even discussed at all, like it was with Yamato? Pedro’s will can be fulfilled even without Carrot joining the strawhats. Yamato’s desire and wish to travel around the see like Oden did cannot be done with any other crew except the Strawhats. She has stated that multiple times. It has to be them.

interpretation of "inherited will" in Yamato and Carrot's cases make complete sense. Firstly, Yamato's case of deciding to "protect Wano." Oden already sailed with Roger, so carrying on that will is not sailing with the Straw Hats, but doing what Oden would have done after his death: protecting Wano and opening its borders. There's nothing that prohibits Yamato from going out to sea later, but to sail with the Straw Hats wouldn't be continuing Oden's will, it would just be recycling it.

And this idea isn't novel, there are examples of this approach to inherited will throughout the series:

- When Roger found the secrets of the world in Laugh Tale, he was "too early." It's Luffy's ultimate goal to accomplish what Roger could not.

- Jimbei wants to do what Fisher Tiger could not: achieve true equality between fishmen and humans.

- Zoro seeks to become the strongest swordsmen after Kuina died. The list goes on.

Using that same train of thought, it makes complete sense that Carrot would venture out to sea with the Straw Hats. Pedro already protected Zou, and wanted to sail out to sea, so carrying on that will is not staying in Zou. Instead, it's sailing out to sea with the crew destined to bring the Dawn of the World, as Pedro dreamed.

Oda's definition of "inherited will" is furthering and carrying on the will of another person, not repeating it. To me, that's a lot more satisfying as an idea than any kind of preset destiny, and I think it's good that Yamato (and Oda) see it that way.

Pedro was obsessed with the Dawn. His life was all about trying to discover how to bring it. When he was younger, he asked to join Roger. But Roger told him it would be his turn soon. Eventually when Pedro was old enough, he created a crew and set sail as the Nox Expedition team hoping to find a way to bring the Dawn of the world. He failed and had to tuck his tail between his legs and go back to Zou having not accomplished what he wanted (hm... remind you of anyone?)

Finally when Luffy arrived, he saw his next big hope to bring the Dawn and realised that this was his last chance to be of use. His new goal was to help Luffy and make sure he would be the one to bring the Dawn. To do this he left with Luffy and did everything he could to ensure Luffy could get the Poneglyph from Big Mom.

Then he died, but before he died he repeated Roger's words to Carrot "everyone has their turn". Pedro acknowledged Carrot. He honed her abilities and was there when she stowed away. This is why Pedro imparted his will on Carrot. He knew she had the potential to help accomplish his dream. He even told her just how important Luffy is and that she must help them survive this era.
Among his last words were "Yougara, have to move forwards." And what were Perospero's words to her

"Go back home and chew on some grass." By going back to Zou, Carrot is moving backwards she's going against Pedro's will. I think this will be the realisation Carrot comes to.

how can she help protect the SH when she's on Zunesha knowing she can't even talk to him?

no, actually Oda has shown us how Carrot makes herself useful by acting as a lookout to protect the SH.

Oda showed "the Navigation Trio" in WCI

lookout Carrot with her powerful senses helping Nami with determining the weather and working with Jinbe to guide the ship with his expert helmsman skills and her ability to spot changes or upcoming hazards on the sea
it is thanks to these 3 key crew members that they were able to cross a yonko fleet and go through a tsunami

Oda gave Carrot all the skills a lookout should have

- she jumps high to reach the pi nest and even higher to get a better pov
- she's a radar on legs and has developed senses
-as a royal bird=stamina to keep watch 🌃 like ☀️

Bro if Oda wanted to confirm Carrot ruling Zou doing it takes no time at all, instead he just spent time having Carrot deny the role

@Monkey D Al just give up - you are outnumbered. :suresure:
Never! I will fight even if I’m alone :myman:
Post automatically merged:

interpretation of "inherited will" in Yamato and Carrot's cases make complete sense. Firstly, Yamato's case of deciding to "protect Wano." Oden already sailed with Roger, so carrying on that will is not sailing with the Straw Hats, but doing what Oden would have done after his death: protecting Wano and opening its borders. There's nothing that prohibits Yamato from going out to sea later, but to sail with the Straw Hats wouldn't be continuing Oden's will, it would just be recycling it.

And this idea isn't novel, there are examples of this approach to inherited will throughout the series:

- When Roger found the secrets of the world in Laugh Tale, he was "too early." It's Luffy's ultimate goal to accomplish what Roger could not.

- Jimbei wants to do what Fisher Tiger could not: achieve true equality between fishmen and humans.

- Zoro seeks to become the strongest swordsmen after Kuina died. The list goes on.

Using that same train of thought, it makes complete sense that Carrot would venture out to sea with the Straw Hats. Pedro already protected Zou, and wanted to sail out to sea, so carrying on that will is not staying in Zou. Instead, it's sailing out to sea with the crew destined to bring the Dawn of the World, as Pedro dreamed.

Oda's definition of "inherited will" is furthering and carrying on the will of another person, not repeating it. To me, that's a lot more satisfying as an idea than any kind of preset destiny, and I think it's good that Yamato (and Oda) see it that way.

Pedro was obsessed with the Dawn. His life was all about trying to discover how to bring it. When he was younger, he asked to join Roger. But Roger told him it would be his turn soon. Eventually when Pedro was old enough, he created a crew and set sail as the Nox Expedition team hoping to find a way to bring the Dawn of the world. He failed and had to tuck his tail between his legs and go back to Zou having not accomplished what he wanted (hm... remind you of anyone?)

Finally when Luffy arrived, he saw his next big hope to bring the Dawn and realised that this was his last chance to be of use. His new goal was to help Luffy and make sure he would be the one to bring the Dawn. To do this he left with Luffy and did everything he could to ensure Luffy could get the Poneglyph from Big Mom.
Then he died, but before he died he repeated Roger's words to Carrot "everyone has their turn". Pedro acknowledged Carrot. He honed her abilities and was there when she stowed away. This is why Pedro imparted his will on Carrot. He knew she had the potential to help accomplish his dream. He even told her just how important Luffy is and that she must help them survive this era.
Among his last words were "Yougara, have to move forwards." And what were Perospero's words to her

"Go back home and chew on some grass." By going back to Zou, Carrot is moving backwards she's going against Pedro's will. I think this will be the realisation Carrot comes to.

how can she help protect the SH when she's on Zunesha knowing she can't even talk to him?

no, actually Oda has shown us how Carrot makes herself useful by acting as a lookout to protect the SH.

Oda showed "the Navigation Trio" in WCI
lookout Carrot with her powerful senses helping Nami with determining the weather and working with Jinbe to guide the ship with his expert helmsman skills and her ability to spot changes or upcoming hazards on the sea
it is thanks to these 3 key crew members that they were able to cross a yonko fleet and go through a tsunami

Oda gave Carrot all the skills a lookout should have
- she jumps high to reach the pi nest and even higher to get a better pov
- she's a radar on legs and has developed senses
-as a royal bird=stamina to keep watch 🌃 like ☀️

Bro if Oda wanted to confirm Carrot ruling Zou doing it takes no time at all, instead he just spent time having Carrot deny the role
Okay okay! We will see in the future. Yet you still didn’t answer my questions. Why is she not a strawhat already? Her time has I join has past. Luffy has a reason to return to Wano. And that is Pluton. Why would he return to Zou? Yamato wants to go to sea and she wants to find out what happened during the void century. Just like Oden did. Oden did remove the pages with that secret on purpose. And that purpose is because people need to find out Themselves. So that’s what Yamato will do.

Last edited:

Okay okay! We will see in the future. Yet you still didn’t answer my questions. Why is she not a strawhat already? Her time has I join has past. Luffy has a reason to return to Wano. And that is Pluton. Why would he return to Zou? Yamato wants to go to sea and she wants to find out what happened during the void century. Just like Oden did. Oden did remove the pages with that secret on purpose. And that purpose is because people need to find out Themselves. So that’s what Yamato will do.
:ihaha:

Tbf, and I say this having zero belief either character is joining at this point, but Zunesha is clearly needed to open Wano's borders, so both Carrot and Yamato will clearly be involved in that event.

I dont think we are going backwards to Wano to be honest. Either something evil will unleash Pluton first or Momo's side takes the weapon to assist Luffy in the future.

Oh, everything runs smoothly: He is currently interacting with Zolo, because he is having his own agenda right now, and he is giving out false information to Kizaru ... you know, the usual.

Ah yes, I forgot - he is a vampire now - and Kaku, too!
If we are going to stan interesting CP0 members, why not Stussy lol.

Rocks clone, Vampireish power, CP0 member, underworld emperor and more. She's clearly being saved for what comes after Egghead too. Lucci has the baggage of 8 other CP0 members he's tied to, even if he's betraying the WG?

He also, quite literally almost killed VP and Stussy, so Im not sure how he's playing the long game here lol

Pedro passed the torch, metaphorically and literally.. to Carrot. if ones is meant to travel to laugh tale between the two its her.

There is no such thing. He sacrified himself for Luffy.

His story is over, just like Yamato. He died, that's it.
There is no such thing as an official role of "Lookout" in One Piece. People have been shown doing the role but never introduced as that role. Therefore, there is no passing the torch of a unofficial role. Besides, Carrot never surpassed Pedro in "Lookout" skills.

There is an official role of "Ship Guard" in One Piece per the Meowban Brothers. Pedro is/was the Captain of the Guardians. Carrot was not a Guardian but was a Musketeer.

Carrot's role is the future leader of the Minks. She will need training from Dog, Cat, and likely Momo in what that type of responsibility is. Her story is closed. She isn't running off to join the Strawhats. She is still inexperienced and needs proper tutoring.

Carrot can literally be anywhere, she can be inside Caribou, she can be at laugh tall. As long as the decision is open ended and her role in the story is a mystery, her chances to join the main plot involving the strawhats remains the same. Till proven otherwise, this is the neutral position. Right?

Yamato will do his little trip on the boat with the SH once they've discovered the One piece, as you seem to be so keen on it.

We know that Yamato never left wano or even Onigashima. So how could he possibly know that the "D" has a certain value?

Scenarization is all-important here. Looking at her notebook, Yamato tells us that this is how she knows the value of the D...
when Yamato says it, she looks at the notebook:

Scenarization is very important here. By looking at her notebook, Yamato tells us that this is where she knows the value of the D...

It's also worth noting that the notebook is intended for Momo, so Oden must have given Momo some information to help him understand her future role!

Now, we agree that Oden probably didn't include everything.
But just one part that will be important for Momo:
The Kozuki/D link and the Wano/kingdom link are necessary, since there's every chance that Momo won't leave Wano. He therefore needs certain information

What's the point of having the meaning of the Ds written inside?

Well, it's very simple.

The point is that characters like Law, who won't be going to Laugh tale. learn in another way what they need to know... and here it's the "D"...

And to finish on the notebook, scenaristically speaking.
Oda can't have integrated Oden's diary, in this way, with a chapter dedicated to him, if it doesn't contain anything important!
That would be a huge damp squib, let's be clear about that...

It's robin who must reveal the information of the forgotten century to US, but also TO THE MUGIWARA ...

So if a SH already knows a part, it totally kills the symbolism of Robin teaching the Mugi the story... so no point...

There is no such thing as an official role of "Lookout" in One Piece. People have been shown doing the role but never introduced as that role. Therefore, there is no passing the torch of a unofficial role. Besides, Carrot never surpassed Pedro in "Lookout" skills.

There is an official role of "Ship Guard" in One Piece per the Meowban Brothers. Pedro is/was the Captain of the Guardians. Carrot was not a Guardian but was a Musketeer.

Carrot's role is the future leader of the Minks. She will need training from Dog, Cat, and likely Momo in what that type of responsibility is. Her story is closed. She isn't running off to join the Strawhats. She is still inexperienced and needs proper tutoring.
If we want to get technical about a "ship guard".....:

Man guarded the ship for 2 years and is someone the crew is very indebted to. Who is also someone with the ultimate defensive ability (reflection) and arriving on Egghead very soon. Telling you guys, wait for him to arrive and potentially get a new body so he's no longer a cyborg (thereby removing redundancy to Franky). Kuma clones exist for a reason and his memories are still around, so why wouldnt VP clone the real Kuma properly in that case?

He even uses Sumo/Defensive oriented fighting stances:

It wouldnt surprise me if Sentoumaru learned from him too, considering he knows Bonney

If we want to get technical about a "ship guard".....:

Man guarded the ship for 2 years and is someone the crew is very indebted to. Who is also someone with the ultimate defensive ability (reflection) and arriving on Egghead very soon. Telling you guys, wait for him to arrive and potentially get a new body so he's no longer a cyborg (thereby removing redundancy to Franky). Kuma clones exist for a reason and his memories are still around, so why wouldnt VP clone the real Kuma properly in that case?

He even uses Sumo/Defensive oriented fighting stances:

It wouldnt surprise me if Sentoumaru learned from him too, considering he knows Bonney
that’s why imo Carrot gonna inherit Kuma u can say cope idc

Carrot and kuma’s fruit

Carrot is the best candidate: she literally fights with a cushion-shaped glove and her fighting skills are very similar to those of the fruit: she moves fast by propelling herself with this fruit she can also extend her sulong form by expelling her exhaustion. Her lookout skills will be boosted as she will be able to reach higher and thus have a better overview

and I'm also convinced that she'll get the mantra similar to Enel's which will enable her to read the radio waves in the air, giving her a constant radar of what's around her on a massive scale

Carrot is also inspired by Goku with her sulong transformation and Goku's Saiyan name which is literally Kakarot, with Kuma's fruit she will literally be able to hurl kamehameha at anyone who threatens the Sunny and crew. Best lookout

The idea of inherited will. Through Sabo, we've seen that DFs carry the will of their last user. Thematically, Carrot inheriting Kuma's will through his fruit makes sense, given that his last will was to protect the Sunny.

And how many times have we seen Carrot protect Sunny + the SH by acting as a lookout and Pedro's will, which is the same, as well as wanting her to become stronger.

The foreshadowing of Carrot's return. Here we can see that the thruster is a barrel with rabbit ears, allowing the SH to escape from the shark by propelling itself. I'm sure this is a sign that Carrot will be the one to help them escape Egg Head, and yes, it's literally a reference to Carrot

I think it's thanks to him that we'll discover how obiects with demon fruit are made, given that his fruit pushes abstract concepts like pain, it's not silly to think that he'll be able to push his demon fruit power into Carrot's paw-shaped gloves.

that’s why imo Carrot gonna inherit Kuma u can say cope idc

I think it's thanks to him that we'll discover how obiects with demon fruit are made, given that his fruit pushes abstract concepts like pain, it's not silly to think that he'll be able to push his demon fruit power into Carrot's paw-shaped gloves.
Because Kuma is relevant to the current arc and Carrot isnt lmao. Theres no fundamental reason why she would leave her position in Zou to join the crew again, let alone inherit Kuma's fruit.

Because Kuma is relevant to the current arc and Carrot isnt lmao. Theres no fundamental reason why she would leave her position in Zou to join the crew again, let alone inherit Kuma's fruit.
if Oda makes a lot of similarities between the fruit and Carrot it's for a reason, if Oda still foreshadows her return in this arc it's for a reason, if Oda leaves her story open-ended it's for a reason, she can be found everywhere given that Oda left us on a cliffhanger.

her position in Zou She never accepted the role to begin with.

if Oda makes a lot of similarities between the fruit and Carrot it's for a reason
Because 2 things sharing Paws does not make them similar at all lmao. Carrot's moveset isnt even unique to her! Other people use the same gloves and claws, and everyone uses Sulong. She was completely overshadowed by Neko when her and Wanda couldnt be Perospero.

This is an irrelevant discussion

Because 2 things sharing Paws does not make them similar at all lmao. Carrot's moveset isnt even unique to her! Other people use the same gloves and claws, and everyone uses Sulong. She was completely overshadowed by Neko when her and Wanda couldnt be Perospero.

This is an irrelevant discussion
proof that you're full of shit the other minks are fighting with swords. Carrot is the only one who fights by propelling herself, Carrot is the only one we've seen wearing paw-shaped gloves that Pedro gave her, Carrot is inspired by Goku, she does kamehameha and strikes the same pose as Kuma when doing so. The 2 have the same protected will to protect the Sunny, + foreshadowing of a rabbit propeller which SH used to escape from the shark.

the fruit can also be used to remove the sulong's limit by expelling fatigue - in short, it's a fruit made for Carrot

and no, sulong is described as something difficult to master, so there you go. If Oda shows Carrot's weaknesses, it's to develop them later.

Last edited:
proof that you're full of shit the other minks are fighting with swords. Carrot is the only one who fights by propelling herself, Carrot is the only one we've seen wearing paw-shaped gloves that Pedro gave her, Carrot is inspired by Goku, she does kamehameha and strikes the same pose as Kuma when doing so. The 2 have the same protected will to protect the Sunny, + foreshadowing of a rabbit propeller which SH used to escape from the shark.

the fruit can also be used to remove the sulong's limit by expelling fatigue - in short, it's a fruit made for Carrot

and no, sulong is described as something difficult to master, so there you go. If Oda shows Carrot's weaknesses, it's to develop them later.
But Elektro and Sulong are, which are completely a staple to Mink powers. The glove does nothing different and she doesnt even use it in Sulong lmao.
And every notable Mink has mastered their Sulong, this includes the hundreds of Minks that fought against Kaido on the roof. The only exception is Peckoms at this rate. Even Bepo had self control.

The fruit is made for Kuma, because its Kuma's fruit. Cry.

Last edited: