Who will be the Next Strawhat?

• Total voters
I don’t think you know the meaning of literally. Literally means passing on a torch to some one else. Literally passing the torch. What you mean is figuratively. And a torch has not been passed figuratively either. Learn English first before analyzing story telling.
stop with your nonsense it was literally said that she carries Pedro's will

Facts > Opinions. If you're going to spout an opinion, have it be followed up with Facts.
Post automatically merged:

Facts > Opinions. If you're going to spout an opinion, have it be followed up with Facts.
Protecting the Straw Hats, finding the Poneglyphs, and bringing about the Dawn of the World. Those are the things that Pedro died for. Being on the crew that will bring on the Dawn and being there to help them get there gives her far more direct impact on whatever the Dawn is. Because those 10 people are who Pedro gave his life for.

Perospero told Carrot to go crawl back to her home and eat grass and for some reason the fanbase think it'd be good writing for her to do exactly that cause Inu and Neko said so. I don't really get it.

Yes but that is still not literally but figuratively. Learn the difference. Secondly Pedro’s will does not mean she will join. His will was to help them as they are the ones that will bring the dawn. He never intended to join them. So take your feelings out of this. Even if she inherited Pedro’s will, Larrot will not join. And the torch was passed on figuratively and literally.

The Will of P continues on.

Zunesha will die after the Borders of Wano are opened, and the Minks will immigrate to Wano, officially joining the Kozuki Clan, with Carrot becoming a retainer of Momonosuke and Daimyo of one of Wano's regions.

Then, Carrot will leave Wano with the Straw Hats to set sail to the next island (in this case I think Elbaf).

Yes but that is still not literally but figuratively. Learn the difference. Secondly Pedro’s will does not mean she will join. His will was to help them as they are the ones that will bring the dawn. He never intended to join them. So take your feelings out of this. Even if she inherited Pedro’s will, Larrot will not join. And the torch was passed on figuratively and literally.
You commenting your opinion that clearly lacks any actual story backing

Pedro wanted to sail with the Pirate King and help him bring about the Dawn, Roger told him he's on the waiting list and he'll be back for him when he's a little bit older. Who is the new Roger? Who is the new Pedro?

it couldn't have been clearer, Pedro even repeated the same words Roger had said to him.

Carrot has been stuck on Zou her whole life. Her original dream was to go on an adventure. It's the reason she stowed away. And while on that adventure she was set up for a new one.
Pedro wanted to help bring the Dawn, he thought Roger was originally going to do it. He wanted to join them, but was told he was too young. And because Roger died, he created his own crew because he knew just hanging out on Zunisha wasn't going to accomplish anything. It's just seems like Carrot would get to join the future Pirate King like her mentor never got to with Roger.

The main reason Oda introduced Carrot was to make her the crew's lookout. Carrot's introduction was about being a Lookout, and then Oda had her become a Lookout on the Sunny for an entire arc, while having her mentor die and give her the will that ties directly to the strawhats. It's not hard to understand that it's basically confirmed that she's joining.

focus on Pedro's will, what he wanted for her, her strength as a fighter, her lookout ability, her unique abilities (floating, jump power, claw fighting style), relationship with the crew, a reason to join the strawhats and still Nothing about leadership.

You commenting your opinion that clearly lacks any actual story backing

Pedro wanted to sail with the Pirate King and help him bring about the Dawn, Roger told him he's on the waiting list and he'll be back for him when he's a little bit older. Who is the new Roger? Who is the new Pedro?

it couldn't have been clearer, Pedro even repeated the same words Roger had said to him.

Carrot has been stuck on Zou her whole life. Her original dream was to go on an adventure. It's the reason she stowed away. And while on that adventure she was set up for a new one.
Pedro wanted to help bring the Dawn, he thought Roger was originally going to do it. He wanted to join them, but was told he was too young. And because Roger died, he created his own crew because he knew just hanging out on Zunisha wasn't going to accomplish anything. It's just seems like Carrot would get to join the future Pirate King like her mentor never got to with Roger.

The main reason Oda introduced Carrot was to make her the crew's lookout. Carrot's introduction was about being a Lookout, and then Oda had her become a Lookout on the Sunny for an entire arc, while having her mentor die and give her the will that ties directly to the strawhats. It's not hard to understand that it's basically confirmed that she's joining.

focus on Pedro's will, what he wanted for her, her strength as a fighter, her lookout ability, her unique abilities (floating, jump power, claw fighting style), relationship with the crew, a reason to join the strawhats and still Nothing about leadership.

She ain’t joining

I agree! Why hasn’t she joined than? Why is she on Zou and Yamato has an invitation to join whenever she wants?

facts>opinions
you can't know if she's on Zou since we haven't had any confirmation from her and that’s for a reason. Luffy did invite a zombie to join his crew

Yamato character has always been linked to wano and Momo more than anything
- Wano's protective spirit as Devil fruit
- swears to protect Momo even if she has to die for it
- tells Kaido she can't be called Oden if she doesn't protect Wano
- she literally has Oden's will she remains essentially to do what Oden would have done after his death protect Wano and open those borders in all this I see no connection with the SH unlike Carrot

you can't know if she's on Zou since we haven't had any confirmation from her and that’s for a reason. Luffy did invite a zombie to join his crew

Yamato character has always been linked to wano and Momo more than anything
- Wano's protective spirit as Devil fruit
- swears to protect Momo even if she has to die for it
- tells Kaido she can't be called Oden if she doesn't protect Wano
- she literally has Oden's will she remains essentially to do what Oden would have done after his death protect Wano and open those borders in all this I see no connection with the SH unlike Carrot
We didn’t see her return to Zou cuz that how unimportant she is. Yamato still has the invitation, meaning she can join whenever she feels like it. Larrot would have to go out and search for the SH and beg for a place on their ship.

We didn’t see her return to Zou cuz that how unimportant she is. Yamato still has the invitation, meaning she can join whenever she feels like it. Larrot would have to go out and search for the SH and beg for a place on their ship.
you're stupid, don't worry, you'll be fine!

16 year old Carrot, who's time in the entire story has been 98% with the SHs, who's role is clear, valuable and remains vacant rn, who's mentor (who was inspired by the pirate king and wanted to join his crew) died to free the SHs and give her his will, who's been on the ship and was seen on onigashima with the SHs till her ultimate loss, earned the title of king over literally any other mink we've seen lol. And we didn't even get her accepting the role lol.
Again, this could all be solved in a flashback. Simply show her saying goodbye, but he left it unanswered and even her journey with the SHs inconclusive. That's just literally what happened. I didn't add my personal feelings or preference.
Oda purposely left this open. For what?

Last edited:
Wow so you insult me because you run out of arguments. I don’t know you so I cannot talk about your personality or level of intelligence. Have a nice day sir. And we will speak in about 150 chapters when Yamato has joined the strawhats. And Larrot is confirmed to be back in Zou.

Wow so you insult me because you run out of arguments. I don’t know you so I cannot talk about your personality or level of intelligence. Have a nice day sir. And we will speak in about 150 chapters when Yamato has joined the strawhats. And Larrot is confirmed to be back in Zou.
yes for me your stupid
To ignore everything surrounding her character and motivations is crazy to me.

yes for me your stupid
To ignore everything surrounding her character and motivations is crazy to me.
Luckily that is your opinion and facts> opinions.
I’m not ignoring it. I’m saying you read too much into it. Yes, Pedro wanted to join Roger, that is true. When was that? Wait that was in a flashback after he had sacrificed himself already. Oda added that to give his sacrifice even more weight. While he was alive he wanted to protect Zou. What you are also ignoring is the fact Inurashi and Nekomamushi use Pedro’s will to persuade Carrot to stay in Zou. Meaning his will was to protect Zou over all other things. You ignore that because it is not convenient to your cause. Also Pedro’s wish was to leave Zou and travel not particularly to join Roger and go to Laughtale. He did that before Luffy ever went to Zou. And Carrot had the same wish, which she fulfilled by traveling with the strawhats.

If everything that you listed indicates that Carrot is supposed to join, than why didn’t she? Why is she not a strawhat? Why wasn’t it even discussed at all, like it was with Yamato? Pedro’s will can be fulfilled even without Carrot joining the strawhats. Yamato’s desire and wish to travel around the see like Oden did cannot be done with any other crew except the Strawhats. She has stated that multiple times. It has to be them.

Protecting the Straw Hats, finding the Poneglyphs, and bringing about the Dawn of the World. Those are the things that Pedro died for. Being on the crew that will bring on the Dawn and being there to help them get there gives her far more direct impact on whatever the Dawn is. Because those 10 people are who Pedro gave his life for.

Perospero told Carrot to go crawl back to her home and eat grass and for some reason the fanbase think it'd be good writing for her to do exactly that cause Inu and Neko said so. I don't really get it.
The example you show right here just shows how Pedro's plotline was resolved. Carrot inherited his will, and his will was to eventually help the crew. Being in charge of Zunesha will eventually lead to Pluton being unleashed anyway. This is Carrot's role in the story. Even in hindsight, Yamato was created for, clearly, the sole purpose of being Wano's Guardian Deity. Its in the name of their fruit.

Best to start looking toward the future, i.e. Egghead characters at the moment. We are also getting very close to a threshold where new crew members are virtually pointless. Theres very little adventure left in this story. If these characters arent at Elbaf, then what even is the point after that lol?

Neither are joining lol, they were both left back for a reason....

Theres like, no real estate anymire for people to be left behind and then randomly rejoin in the future. It took Jinbe like 300 chapters to do this, and he explicitly was stated to join back at FI. Wano and Zou need protectors, hence why these characters exist.

The example you show right here just shows how Pedro's plotline was resolved. Carrot inherited his will, and his will was to eventually help the crew. Being in charge of Zunesha will eventually lead to Pluton being unleashed anyway. This is Carrot's role in the story. Even in hindsight, Yamato was created for, clearly, the sole purpose of being Wano's Guardian Deity. Its in the name of their fruit.

Best to start looking toward the future, i.e. Egghead characters at the moment. We are also getting very close to a threshold where new crew members are virtually pointless. Theres very little adventure left in this story. If these characters arent at Elbaf, then what even is the point after that lol?

Neither are joining lol, they were both left back for a reason....

Theres like, no real estate anymire for people to be left behind and then randomly rejoin in the future. It took Jinbe like 300 chapters to do this, and he explicitly was stated to join back at FI. Wano and Zou need protectors, hence why these characters exist.
the reasoning was to make her leader of the Minks, why was there absolutely zero foreshadowing to her taking on that role that she wasn't exactly enthusiastic about when offered?
if Oda wanted to confirm Carrot ruling Zou doing it takes no time at all, instead he just spent time having Carrot deny the role Imao. And have her provide reasons for Shishillian and Wanda to rule instead. She doesn't want to. It's that simple, Oden literally told Neko and Inu that everyone has a Free Will to Choose. They won't ignore that. Carrot won't Rule Zou. Not yet lol.

Kinemon was with the Straw Hats for that long for a reason. Vivi was with the Straw Hats that long for a reason. When people are with the Straw Hats for a long time, it's typically for a reason. What was the reason for Carrot?

apart from giving her a crew dynamic, a role, a will inherited from Pedro which is directly linked to the SH. Because yes, this will has nothing to do with being queen of Zou. Showing no sign of leadership still

Zou has absolutely no need of Carrot as protector lol, Shishillian and Wanda have been shown as Leaders since the start of Zou to even Wano when they asked Shishillian to lead the Minks into the raid BECAUSE they wanted to act as retainers for the Raid. Zou is literally a ghost island protected by inhabitants who are said to be warriors, so they want to keep Carrot for what? for her political sense?
she can't even talk to Zunesha

Carrot Ruling Zou was merely a way for Oda to have Carrot contemplate about Pedro's will, while also paralleling Oden and his experience with being told to Rule A country he wasn't interested in ruling. This is also why in the scene in 1056, she's eating Oden.

Pedro wanted to help bring the Dawn, he thought Roger was originally going to do it. He wanted to join them, but was told he was too young. And because Roger died, he created his own crew because he knew just hanging out on Zunisha wasn't going to accomplish anything.

Neko and Inu aren't making Carrot leader because she has leadership qualities, they're doing it because she grew stronger with Luffy (as Neko said in chapter 1056) and they believe she has what it takes to lead the next generation, I do too. But she's not ready YET. She has to get stronger, like Pedro wanted. If Carrot had beaten Perospero and was given the role of queen, it would've made sense. Oda needed a reason to tell you why carrot was special, and give her a reason to join the crew. That happened in chapter 1056, with him confirming having taken Pedro's will, confirming she grew stronger with Luffy, but having her lose to Perospero in order to show she needs to grow. It's literally the perfect strawhat

Carrot has never shown any sort of leadership skill and it was never suggested until the very end of Wano, but a bunch of fans just accepted that this actually makes total sense and is clearly the role best suited for her. Even though she never accepted the role at all on screen and left it open ended. Sailing with Luffy would be fulfilling Pedro's dreams of sailing with the Pirate King and helping bring about the Dawn of the World.

We just saw at the beginning of Egghead that they got completely ambushed and caught off guard because nobody was looking out for danger until the very last minute. Oda shows that they needed Bonney who acts as a lookout to realize the danger => shows a need for the SH

and who is the lookout of the crew

The look-out post.

This is a symbolized tool made to show the passage of the will between Pedro and Carrot. Let me dive in more detail:

First you need to note that Carrot was introduced as a jumper and therefore a natural lookout on 804-805. This was a setup for her future position on the ship later. I won't insult you by explaining why such setups are important, you must already know that. Then you also need to note that Pedro was also introduced as a natural look-out being literally introduced in the highs of the trees. This was also a setup for his position later.

Now. Jumping to 823 (the chapter where Carrot is REintroduced for the second time), read this chapter carefully and note how the lookout position is important to the chapter. It symbolize the youngness, the adventure, the discovery.

- Vivi is introduced to the post on the third page of this chapter. Note that she is a princess.
- Then we are shown how Vivi can jump back to the ship with ease, this will be usefull for Carrot and Pedro later.
- Then Carrot is introduced and with that the notion that she is just a kid playing in the big guys field (fun fact, the next chapter is called "playing pirate"). This is shown through the interaction of Pedro and Carrot. (Note, again, that a lot of things surrounding Carrot are focused around the notion of "seeing" something, discovering the ocean, living the adventure)
- Finally Pedro says that she is legitimate to stay, where? On the look out post. In fact Brook asked "when did you get up there Pedro?" This puts back the lookout post in front page
- Front page literally.. because this is also where Pedro make the discover that the chapter will end up on "Baltigo in utter ruin".

With this chapter, the lookout post is central for the notion of discovery, high, freedom and adventure. It opens and closes the chapter. This is the type of symbolism that Oda loves putting in his chapters. And this one is pretty important as it is a wordbuilding lore dump from beginning to end. In this chapter, you can already see that there is a symbolic torch that is passed from Vivi, to Pedro. Narratively, not literally.

The litteral passage of torch happens later. Its all in the subtext or subimage in this case.

Jumping to 829. Pedro's look-out role is reaffirmed: "land ahoy!". Carrot is still playing on the deck but we are starting to see that she has no role here.
- That's when on the fourth page, Carrot jumps on the look out post and REPLACE Pedro. This is the litteral passage of torch. Pedro is trusting Carrot at her job. In fact Carrot is immediatly proved usefull as she notice the grape-colored sea.

From now on, Carrot took Pedro's post, so Pedro's role is pretty much useless beyond what will happen on whole cake.

Jumping to 877. This time we are in a pinch and Pedro will make his last ahoy and farewell..
- This choice begin when he adresses to Carrot this: "Try not to be startled by this sudden turn of events, I have a suspicion that Luffy and his friends are those whom our people and the kozuki clan have awaited for centuries, the ones who will guide us to the dawn of the world!!"

This is Pedro saying to Carrot "it will be okay, I trust you, follow and help Luffy" This is the theme of the inherited will, the push in the back. But Carrot doesn't really understand her place yet.

Jumping to 888. Once again the lookout post it at the center of this chapter, but this time more literally. This is the time for Carrot's first great sight, the pinch, and the time for her great moment, the Sulong transformation.

What is interesting is that Carrot realize her importance and so her reason for being here, at that moment, in front of the moon, on the lookout post. That post is now a symbol of self discovery, of transformation and finally of mysticism.

The torch now burns brightly

And the torch has been passed. Narratively and litterally, through the lookout post.

Now, remember what I told you to note ? That Vivi was a princess (and now legitimate Queen of Alabasta). THe question for Carrot is:
- Is her journey similar to VIvi ? Will she find a way to go back to sea as well ? That's the question.. Because her story seems unfinished.
My dude, there's nothing literal about this. You just explained how Pedro metaphorically passed the torch. Literally passing the torch means he handed her a physical torch. If this is your definition of literal then I can't imagine what you meant by metaphorically passing the torch. Apparantly the great big brain story telling expert doesn't even know what a metaphor is.