Who will be the Next Strawhat?

• Total voters
I argue he stands out by virtue of his powerset, which none of the regular Pacifista have. If he has a new cloned body, one that is not a pacifista (i.e. more like Seraphim without the Lunarian gene).

And an argument against the Seraphim themselves is the fact that S-shark in theory is more unique than Jinbe himself in terms of a moveset, since S-Shark has Senor Pink's DF power too. So Kuma being "unique" from S-Bear isnt all that important, since Jinbe is a strawhat.

We'll have to see. Either he dies here or he ends up recovering/getting a new body
Jinbe has 1 kid clone of himself in S-Shark. There are distinct differences between the two as you stated. While S-Shark gained Lunarian toughness and Swim Fruit powers, it lost Fish-Men's greatest strength being able to swim in water while also being stronger. So Jinbe is still unique being the best fighter under the sea.

Kuma has an ARMY of Pacifista clones AND a kid clone S-Bear. The Pacifistas look almost identical to Kuma. S-Bear has similar Paw Fruit powers.

Even Sanji is part of quadruplets through science yet they all have distinct differences in powers and appearances.

Kuma needs something in his appearance that boldly distinguishes himself from his clones. Perhaps his new human body looks vastly different than his current form...? Unless you believe there will be a Strawhat crew member that has so many "duplicates" of himself in the One Piece world.

But as you stated we shall have to see. Kuma's current body seems beyond repair and he looks like he will be making a sacrifice if he truly is headed toward Egghead.

Jinbe has 1 kid clone of himself in S-Shark. There are distinct differences between the two as you stated. While S-Shark gained Lunarian toughness and Swim Fruit powers, it lost Fish-Men's greatest strength being able to swim in water while also being stronger. So Jinbe is still unique being the best fighter under the sea.

Kuma has an ARMY of Pacifista clones AND a kid clone S-Bear. The Pacifistas look almost identical to Kuma. S-Bear has similar Paw Fruit powers.

Even Sanji is part of quadruplets through science yet they all have distinct differences in powers and appearances.

Kuma needs something in his appearance that boldly distinguishes himself from his clones. Perhaps his new human body looks vastly different than his current form...? Unless you believe there will be a Strawhat crew member that has so many "duplicates" of himself in the One Piece world.

But as you stated we shall have to see. Kuma's current body seems beyond repair and he looks like he will be making a sacrifice if he truly is headed toward Egghead.
True, lets see if he even survives first or how his FB/motivations play out. Its possible all Mach 1-3 pacifista get destroyed on Egghead now and only the Seraphim survive. This way, in the least his only comparator would be a Seraphim

Kuma is some kind of special mystery race. If he has another form or something, or hidden features, that would make him distinct from the pacifistas at least.

I've become more and more convinced that we are gonna get at least one more straw hat soon. I really think it's between Vivi & Smoker as they have the most history in the story and connection with the crew.

Since Kuzan's reveal as the 10th Titanic Captain I've been leaning more towards Smoker being the last member. I could see him being introduced early on to serve as the final member and give time to build him up before joining, although it'll take some convincing. Smoker being separated from Tashigi is also weirdly convenient. I could see him popping up in the next few chapters to help protect Vegapunk and defying the WG.

Not to sound rude but why is Smoker even an option for some people? Genuinely curious. I mean I could believe maybe X. Drake and even SWORD becoming members of the Straw Hat Grand Fleet, but Smoker's a proud marine and he's never given any hint of wanting to be associated with pirates on any level beyond undoing government corruption or helping his comrades.

He strikes me more like Fujitora in that he wants to challenge the government from within. Also his association with Luffy is more like the one between Garp and Roger rather than potential nakama. Smoker hasn't even been a big player since Punk Hazard which was over ten years ago. I mean he's bound to do something big soon now that Garp is "gone", but I doubt it's going to be him joining Luffy.

Hum, yes Carrot is inspired by Goku/DBZ (and Alice in Wonderland), so are the minks in general, i mean it's not hard, she's named Carrot and sayans have vegetal puns in their names and the Minks turn into uncontrollable monsters when they look at the full moon... Besides growing long hair and getting stronger.

:few:

I mean it's pretty obvious, loads of things in OP are inspired by DBZ/monkey king, Luffy, Nami, etc..

She doesn't do kamehamaha's tho no.

I still see Kaku and Lucci ending up back in Water 7 somehow, but part of that is just me liking Kaku and wanting him to go back to a life he actually enjoyed.
I really wish this would've happened instead of them joining CP0. I mean I could at least understand Lucci returning to the WG since he's so damn bloodthirsty, but with how CP9 was being hunted down by Spandam and all showed a kinder side during their post-Enies Lobby adventure in the cover stories, it really felt like at least most of CP9's members would've turned over a new leaf as maybe bounty hunters, vigilantes or at least Kaku returning to Water 7 to atone. I mean if Nami could forgive Hatchan for being partly responsible for her enslavement...

Vivi definetly needs a broken DF, she's is way too weak to even deal with pre-time skip threats.
I wouldn't mind it at all if Daifuku bit the dust just so Vivi can have the best genie fruit all to herself. Oda already showed that if she had a genie it would love her unconditionally.

I really wish this would've happened instead of them joining CP0. I mean I could at least understand Lucci returning to the WG since he's so damn bloodthirsty, but with how CP9 was being hunted down by Spandam and all showed a kinder side during their post-Enies Lobby adventure in the cover stories, it really felt like at least most of CP9's members would've turned over a new leaf as maybe bounty hunters, vigilantes or at least Kaku returning to Water 7 to atone. I mean if Nami could forgive Hatchan for being partly responsible for her enslavement...

I wouldn't mind it at all if Daifuku bit the dust just so Vivi can have the best genie fruit all to herself. Oda already showed that if she had a genie it would love her unconditionally.
I still think theres a good ending planned for them. Saturn was absolutely willing to sacrifice Lucci earlier in the arc when he mentioed destroying the island.

I would not surprise me if the Gorosei's actions change him and Kaku in the end.
Post automatically merged:

Not to sound rude but why is Smoker even an option for some people? Genuinely curious. I mean I could believe maybe X. Drake and even SWORD becoming members of the Straw Hat Grand Fleet, but Smoker's a proud marine and he's never given any hint of wanting to be associated with pirates on any level beyond undoing government corruption or helping his comrades.

He strikes me more like Fujitora in that he wants to challenge the government from within. Also his association with Luffy is more like the one between Garp and Roger rather than potential nakama. Smoker hasn't even been a big player since Punk Hazard which was over ten years ago. I mean he's bound to do something big soon now that Garp is "gone", but I doubt it's going to be him joining Luffy.
So the original idea of this came from the potential of Egghead and increasingly seeing how corrupt the Marines/WG are. Every time he is shown, it is in the vein of showing us how bad the WG/Marines can be. This happened at Alabasta, then at Marineford when the fighting did not stop, then Punk Hazard, while also being exposed to Aokiji doing something like this (leaving the marines for his justice).

That said, he's evidently not here now, so its a moot argument. Probably will have more to do with Sword or Drake or something

Last edited:
Not gunna lie, Kuma being on the crew would be weird as shit.

He would have to sing the "We are" opening since the SH voice actors do that periodically, i think that's grounds enough to disqualify him.

Oh and you know he would actually have to show a positive emotion in his face.
Best argument ever! :milaugh:

I didn't even know that the voice actors did that. Is that in the japanese version?

I still think theres a good ending planned for them. Saturn was absolutely willing to sacrifice Lucci earlier in the arc when he mentioed destroying the island.

I would not surprise me if the Gorosei's actions change him and Kaku in the end.
Maybe you're right. Still it kind of bummed me out when I first saw Kaku and Lucci just coldly approving of Shirahoshi's enslavement without even a panel showing an up-close shot of Kaku's face sweating with mild concern. It really cheapened the sympathy I felt for Kaku in the anime when Zoro gave him Paulie's message or when we saw how normal and caring they could be in their cover stories.

Maybe you're right. Still it kind of bummed me out when I first saw Kaku and Lucci just coldly approving of Shirahoshi's enslavement without even a panel showing an up-close shot of Kaku's face sweating with mild concern. It really cheapened the sympathy I felt for Kaku in the anime when Zoro gave him Paulie's message or when we saw how normal and caring they could be in their cover stories.
Since I am sure Lucci will join the SHP, it would interest me, how you are currently thinking about Kaku's and Lucci's realtionship.