One Piece Chapter 1094: "Jay Garcia Saturn"

Rate this chapter

• Total voters
It gets irritating that Haki is never mentioned once in the Luffy vs Kizaru fight, so I will ask:
  • did Luffy use conquerors Haki during his white star gun attack?
    • arament Haki use is quite obvious because of the black coloring of the fist and lower arm
    • since there is black lightning visible
    • and Kizaru comments how "this is bad" while the fist inside his head
    • and they both go down after the attack
Ofc Combatants will not talk about the techniques used while fighting (like Enel called out his use of "Mantra"), but for a Shonen this is quite irritating.

It gets irritating that Haki is never mentioned once in the Luffy vs Kizaru fight, so I will ask:
  • did Luffy use conquerors Haki during his white star gun attack?
    • arament Haki use is quite obvious because of the black coloring of the fist and lower arm
    • since there is black lightning visible
    • and Kizaru comments how "this is bad" while the fist inside his head
    • and they both go down after the attack
Ofc Combatants will not talk about the techniques used while fighting (like Enel called out his use of "Mantra"), but for a Shonen this is quite irritating.
I think its quite obvious that White Star Gun uses aCoC. And tbh the obsession with the haki types is silly when we know that Oda's inconsistent, and that many agenda pushers (guilty as charged) will head canon its usage.

Luffy's aCoC is just single target AoE CoC and that's that. It's never been this big a deal in prior fights where CoC users power struggled to assert dominance against eachother. Kaido mentioned that Luffy can use aCoC and for much of that fight we saw it represented by black lightning, which also doubles as a signifier for strong haki use.

I'm going to take a wild guess that a G5+G3 named attack with armament haki, and haki lightning is almost definitely using aCoC. (Especially considering Kizaru's reaction to the hit)

I for one would absolutely hate it if characters constantly babbled about how much and what haki types they are using in every fight because there are dozens of subtle interactions that can easily reveal what is being used. A lot of the confusion just comes from the fact that people are determined to have their characters look better or worse by muddying pretty simple haki applications and usages.

I've been reading this thread and even though the posts are 90% about Luffy and Kizaru, I still have no idea what people think actually happened to Kizaru at the end there
My take it's similar to Laws awakening attack. "Shock Wille" (I think it was, that one with the sword that doesn't cut). An internal attack and as this one went through the head it really scrambled the brain of Kizaru.

Physically Kizaru flew into some buildings too. Normally the flying into buildings wouldn't do much but it might just do some serious damage this time around because his brain had been scrambled and he might not have been able to put up haki or Logia defence quick enough.

As I first read it I thought the attack didn't do to much and he would be back very soon but now writing about it I wouldn't be surprised if Kizaru is in much worse shape than most anticipate.

My take it's similar to Laws awakening attack. "Shock Wille" (I think it was, that one with the sword that doesn't cut). An internal attack and as this one went through the head it really scrambled the brain of Kizaru.

Physically Kizaru flew into some buildings too. Normally the flying into buildings wouldn't do much but it might just do some serious damage this time around because his brain had been scrambled and he might not have been able to put up haki or Logia defence quick enough.

As I first read it I thought the attack didn't do to much and he would be back very soon but now writing about it I wouldn't be surprised if Kizaru is in much worse shape than most anticipate.
Oh shit he's 100% short term stunned then, if he actually smashed into the buildings he wasn't conscious enough to use his Logia to mitigate that damage. Fingers crossed Luffy can 1v1 top tiers without assistance now, bc if he just hits stunners before he runs into his cool down he might be able to feel as impressive as the OG Emperors.

Cinera

𝐀𝐬𝐩𝐢𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐌𝐚𝐬𝐜𝐡𝐞𝐧𝐧𝐲 𝐏𝐞𝐭
This chapter was fire imo

I guess a good assumption would be that every Gorosei has a summoning circle they can use, judging from the number 5 on Saturn's.
Ofc, his having a 5 on it will lead to some big brain powerscaling discussions:laughmoji:

Re: summoning circle - is it safe to assume Saturn has a limited area within which he can do it? Assuming he is the one that is casting it and it isn't remotely cast from Mariejois by request from Saturn to the other Gorosei...

He looks menacing, I'll give him that. Some sort of flame powers are a given, and if it's a 1:1 spider bull oni (or whatever it was) he should also have poison? Safe to say, Bonney's attack will do jack shit to him. However, Luffy is within a few feet there, and Kizaru is surely coming down in a second so things will get cramped.

Imo Stella will surely die here but one of the other VPs (most likely Lilith) will survive and escape to Elbaf with the rest of the SHs.

Also, Saturn's comment about "not remembering the last time he was on the ground" can be twofold - either take it at face value as a comment from (clearly) an old man, or his age is much much greater than we are led on to believe and the last time he was down might've been hundreds of years ago.

This chapter was fire imo

I guess a good assumption would be that every Gorosei has a summoning circle they can use, judging from the number 5 on Saturn's.
Ofc, his having a 5 on it will lead to some big brain powerscaling discussions:laughmoji:

Re: summoning circle - is it safe to assume Saturn has a limited area within which he can do it? Assuming he is the one that is casting it and it isn't remotely cast from Mariejois by request from Saturn to the other Gorosei...

He looks menacing, I'll give him that. Some sort of flame powers are a given, and if it's a 1:1 spider bull oni (or whatever it was) he should also have poison? Safe to say, Bonney's attack will do jack shit to him. However, Luffy is within a few feet there, and Kizaru is surely coming down in a second so things will get cramped.

Imo Stella will surely die here but one of the other VPs (most likely Lilith) will survive and escape to Elbaf with the rest of the SHs.

Also, Saturn's comment about "not remembering the last time he was on the ground" can be twofold - either take it at face value as a comment from (clearly) an old man, or his age is much much greater than we are led on to believe and the last time he was down might've been hundreds of years ago.
Bonneys attack did draw blood, so it didn't do nothing (just next to nothing lol). Having the Gorosei be ancient literal demons would so kino. Especially considering that Devil Fruits are manifestations of peoples dreams and the whole D clans "Enemies of the Gods" schtick. It's like they took control of the world and flipped the the script, making themselves dieties and those that opposed them "Devils".

Devil Fruit might be WG slander on some perfectly good fruit.

Bonneys attack did draw blood, so it didn't do nothing (just next to nothing lol). Having the Gorosei be ancient literal demons would so kino. Especially considering that Devil Fruits are manifestations of peoples dreams and the whole D clans "Enemies of the Gods" schtick. It's like they took control of the world and flipped the the script, making themselves dieties and those that opposed them "Devils".

That could be why none of the celestial dragons ate devil fruit. Devil fruit might be result of dreams of people who used to oppose ancient demons aka celestial dragons back in void century...

That could be why none of the celestial dragons ate devil fruit. Devil fruit might be result of dreams of people who used to oppose ancient demons aka celestial dragons back in void century...
I mean devil fruits *do* have wills of their own, and at the very minimum Zoans do and some are particularly picky. It could very well be that most devil fruit users use their newfound strength to free themselves from WG control. Naming them devil fruits would discourage the general public from trying them, especially with the sea devil lore that might not be true.

Imu can be inverted to Umi which is sea. Maybe he gets his power from a stronger source than devil fruits, the same one that drains DF users when swimming and touching sea-stone.

A good way to show they are ancient beings would be something like this:
Bonney already stabbed Saturn and we know she can use items to conduct her DF powers.
Let her use an attack that drastically ages down Saturn, something waaaay over the top like 500 years. Thinking that would be an insta win.
But to everyone's surprise, Saturn barely ages down at all.
Dun dun duuuuun!