Who will be the Next Strawhat?

• Total voters
The poll ended feb 28 2021, meaning around chapter 1004. If Carrot was around it was only for a breaf moment in her Sulong form, beside that, she was a background character since July 9, 2018 and lets not forget the amazing apparition of Boa in chapter 956, so again.. this doesn't work as an excuse. Carrot was as remarkable as Boa despite being a simple background character.

About Brook, it’s just a repeat. The first to ask was Luffy.
Again the amazing chapter 956 had also the other shichibukai appear but they are nowhere near her level in popularity. And you forget that a lot of the people who vote also watch the anime which runs behind the manga. During the time of this poll Carrot was at the height of her popularity. And Yamato came in at 11 also she had just been introduced and only manga reader knew about her. Anime only fans had no clue about her. So you can try and spin it as much as you want, carrot was only as beloved because of Oda’s editor who liked her at the point. As for your point on brook and Robin, they both asked to join. There different translation, Robin clearly explains her situation and says let me stay on this ship. It is not formulated as a question but it is still a request. And brook while being invited by Luffy had refused that invitation before and had to ask to join because of that refusal. I just debunked you point that Nakamas don’t ask to join. They can ask and some already did.

So, could this mean Luffy will take Bonney out to the freedom of the sea?

Possible

So you can try and spin it as much as you want, carrot was only as beloved because of Oda’s editor who liked her at the point.
Keep telling yourself that

I just debunked you point that Nakamas don’t ask to join
Not really, this wasn't an absolute statement, I said Mugiwaras TENDS not to ask to join. Even if Robin or Brook did (which then didn't really) this is not something all the mugiwara did, which was the point of the argument. Same, you completely forgot the second part of my argument which was about the refusal of the call for adventure which happens for all strawhats without exception.

Be careful when you think you debunk me.. It probably means that you actually didn't. lol

Not really, this wasn't an absolute statement, I said Mugiwaras TENDS not to ask to join. Even if Robin or Brook did (which then didn't really) this is not something all the mugiwara did, which was the point of the argument. Same, you completely forgot the second part of my argument which was about the refusal of the call for adventure which happens for all strawhats without exception.

Be careful when you think you debunk me.. It probably means that you actually didn't. lol
:luffywat:
how full of yourself can you be?
first your point was that Nakamas don’t ask to join. That point gets debunked the moment one does. Not to mentioned that I showed you 2 cases. Also none of the strawhats actually refuse the call of adventure. All of them had other things going on and thought that because of that they can not join.
Zoro: didn’t want to be a pirate just become the Strongest sword man in the world. Decided later that it doesn’t matter if he is a pirate. Also wanted to do his own thing.
Nami: didn’t want to be a pirate and also had the Arlong situation.
Usopp: always wanted to be a pirate and set out for adventure. He actually gets ready to go out to see.
Sanji: wants to find the all blue and have adventure. Owes Zeff a dept.
Chopper: wants to be a pirate, thinks he can’t do it because he is a monster.
robin: joins by herself. By asking to stay on the ship never refused the adventure or call of adventure to quote you.
Franky: wants to travel with his ship but is worried for his family.
brook: joints the moment he gets his shadow back and can do it
Jinbe: joins the moment he is free from Big mom

All your points debunked. For more information read here

Last edited:
first your point was that Nakamas don’t ask to join
No. My point originally was about specific things that Nakama have in common. Someone told me that Nakama asked to join when I said that there was a refusal of the call and I just said no, they tend not to. If I remember correctly.

Also none of the strawhats actually refuse the call of adventure.
All of theme did. Not in the same way, and sometime in subtil fashion but all of them did.

Zoro: The refusal comes at the beginning of Captain Morgan's arc in chapter 3
Nami: The refusal comes at the beginning of Arlong Park in chapter 76
Usopp: The refusal takes the form of Usopp leaving on Water Seven in chapter 331.
Sanji: The refusal comes at the beginning of the Baratie Arc in chapter 45
Chopper: The refusal comes at the end of Drum in chapter 152
Robin: The refusal comes at the end of Water Seven in chapter 340
Franky: The refusal comes at the End of the Ennies Lobby Arc in chapter 436
Brook: The refusal comes at the beginning of thriller bark in chapter 443
Jinbe: The refusal comes at the end of Fishmen Island in chapter 649

Zoro: didn’t want to be a pirate just become the Strongest sword man in the world. Decided later that it doesn’t matter if he is a pirate. Also wanted to do his own thing.
Nami: didn’t want to be a pirate and also had the Arlong situation.
Usopp: always wanted to be a pirate and set out for adventure. He actually gets ready to go out to see.
Sanji: wants to find the all blue and have adventure. Owes Zeff a dept.
Chopper: wants to be a pirate, thinks he can’t do it because he is a monster.
robin: joins by herself. By asking to stay on the ship never refused the adventure or call of adventure to quote you.
Franky: wants to travel with his ship but is worried for his family.
brook: joints the moment he gets his shadow back and can do it
Jinbe: joins the moment he is free from Big mom
You proved my point lol Thanks.

It's interesting how much focus was given to Nika's "rythm" this chapter. Every time he's mentioned by Kuma or his father, they immitate the rythm, which is clearly the "drums of liberation" heartbeat. I assume Luffy will use that to revive himself when he fights Saturn just like the Kaido fight, and Bonney will recognize him as Nika by his heartbeat. It's hard to imagine her going off to join the revos after meeting Nika. It's like if Oden started a pirate crew and Yamato had a chance to join.

No. My point originally was about specific things that Nakama have in common. Someone told me that Nakama asked to join when I said that there was a refusal of the call and I just said no, they tend not to. If I remember correctly.

All of theme did. Not in the same way, and sometime in subtil fashion but all of them did.

Zoro: The refusal comes at the beginning of Captain Morgan's arc in chapter 3
Nami: The refusal comes at the beginning of Arlong Park in chapter 76
Usopp: The refusal takes the form of Usopp leaving on Water Seven in chapter 331.
Sanji: The refusal comes at the beginning of the Baratie Arc in chapter 45
Chopper: The refusal comes at the end of Drum in chapter 152
Robin: The refusal comes at the end of Water Seven in chapter 340
Franky: The refusal comes at the End of the Ennies Lobby Arc in chapter 436
Brook: The refusal comes at the beginning of thriller bark in chapter 443
Jinbe: The refusal comes at the end of Fishmen Island in chapter 649

You proved my point lol Thanks.
All those chapter are them refusing to join his crew or go back. Not the call of adventure. And as I mentioned they refuse to join because they have something else going on. Usopp leaves the crew because of the going merry and does not refuse an invitation. The fuck you reading bro? Where do they refuse the adventure?
Also how can Robin and Usopp refuse after they have already joined??
You make no sense this is why no one likes you here. Because you blatantly ignore points and spin things around to make it make sense. You also dodge questions and invent things like “the refusal of the call of adventure” which is not real and doesn’t happen.
It is impossible to have an intellectual and normal debate with you because you are ignorant to everything that doesn’t feed your narrativ.

Yes yes ignore my points and ask me another question.
No. Really. This is a real question and it ties up to your point. I want to know if you know the concept or not.

So let me rephrase, do you know how "the call for adventure" works in storytelling ?

Carrot was about as memorable and important as Kinemon and Momo. She was accordingly left behind when the Minks and Samurai no longer needed assistance.
It seems like it, but I have reserves about that.

You have explained 1000 times here. But please explain one more time. Just so I don’t mix it up.
The call for adventure is a part of the "heroes journey" theory. Its heavely used in modern fiction because of the influence of this theory and Oda doesn't do the exception and uses it too.

Here is how the refusal of the call for adventure works:

First, there is a call for adventure. Usually its a conflict or a task that the protagonist must resolve, other time its someone asking the protagonist to help or come with them. There are various types of call it would need a huge analysis. Anyway..

Secondly there is the refusal. The refusal is the protagonist being anxious in front of the call and or refusing it in one way or another. It can also take a lot of face, sometimes its the protagonist postpoining and being anxious in front of the responsibility they are facing, sometime the protagonist doesn't accept what there they are or the reality they are in, sometime its the protagonist straight up refusing the call.

For example Usopp in the manga doesn't really refuse the call for adventure (maybe Oda had already in mind the even of Water seven for Usopp) at first. But in the live action, Usopp does:

What is important to understand is that a refusal is temporary. Its usually takes a very short time.

THat's why each time in One Piece, the refusal is temporary, sometimes its very short (a few lines of dialogues) Zoro / Sanji /Franky and sometimes its takes longer and can be the center of a huge conflict (Nami / Robin)

Each mugiwara refuse the call, soon or later in the adventure. They refused to follow Luffy for a specific reason of their own but came back around and joined him anyway later.

The refusal of the call adds conflict, which is important in a story. That's why if you want to look for a nakama, look for the refusal of the call of adventure.

The call for adventure is a part of the "heroes journey" theory. Its heavely used in modern fiction because of the influence of this theory and Oda doesn't do the exception and uses it too.

First, there is a call for adventure. Usually its a conflict or a task that the protagonist must resolve, other time its someone asking the protagonist to help or come with them. There are various types of call it would need a huge analysis. Anyway..

Secondly there is the refusal. The refusal is the protagonist being anxious in front of the call and or refusing it in one way or another. It can also take a lot of face, sometimes its the protagonist postpoining and being anxious in front of the responsibility they are facing, sometime the protagonist doesn't accept what there they are or the reality they are in, sometime its the protagonist straight up refusing the call.

For example Usopp in the manga doesn't really refuse the call for adventure (maybe Oda had already in mind the even of Water seven for Usopp) at first. But in the live action, Usopp does:

What is important to understand is that a refusal is temporary. Its usually takes a very short time.

THat's why each time in One Piece, the refusal is temporary, sometimes its very short (a few lines of dialogues) Zoro / Sanji /Franky and sometimes its takes longer and can be the center of a huge conflict (Nami / Robin)

Each mugiwara refuse the call, soon or later in the adventure. They refused to follow Luffy for a specific reason of their own but came back around and joined him anyway later.

The refusal of the call adds conflict, which is important in a story. That's why if you want to look for a nakama, look for the refusal of the call of adventure.
I understand your point. However this is something than can be interpreted in a thousand ways to make it seem like every Nakama refused the call or also be argued that they didn’t. Basically I could say that Yamato had the refusal when she stayed in Wano and next they meet she can join.

It seems like it, but I have reserves about that.
:smart: what ''reserves'' ?

nice explanation, but what does this have to do with Carrot or Yamato or any candidate?