Who will be the Next Strawhat?

• Total voters
I understand your point. However this is something than can be interpreted in a thousand ways to make it seem like every Nakama refused the call or also be argued that they didn’t. Basically I could say that Yamato had the refusal when she stayed in Wano and next they meet she can join.
Not really, this is a very specific plot point. You can check, each one did it. You proved it yourself.
And yes, in a Yamato refused to join, like Vivi. but what is important in their case, is that it was at the end of their arc of character. What you see as a refusal of a call in their case is in fact another storytelling plotpoint/concept that is the "choice in front of a dilema".

This is different as the choice in front of a dillema (it doesn't really have a strong name, you can just call that "the choice" of the protagonist.) always happens at the END of the story of said protagonist. Its usually a choice that the protagonist will face either on screen or offscreen (usually on) that will make the protagonist choose between two positive or two negative option.

For Yamato it was:
- Staying in Wano and losing adventure
Or
- Going with the strawhat and letting Wano alone

For Vivi it was
- Staying with the crew and leaving Alabasta
Or
- Staying with her country and helping them rebuild

The choice in storytelling is a plotpoint that not only adds huge conflict (its the high point of the story of the character) but also show to the audience the advice of the author on how to live life in a specific situation. In both cases here (very similar) Oda is saying: "When you have power and a responsibility, don't fly away."

Ah, nakama thread, never change :myman:

I'm still not convinced on Bonney's case, but the longer we go on, the more I think that no one will join, because Luffy will fight half of BBP on his own.
Well most of us agree that no one will join. We are just discussing that 5% that someone will. Actual real candidates to join the crew before the end of the story are: Bonney right now, Vegapunk or one of his Stella’s, Stussy and Yamato in a few 1-2 arcs.

:smart: what ''reserves'' ?

nice explanation, but what does this have to do with Carrot or Yamato or any candidate?

Carrot risked her life in the most dangerous place in the world not for her own goals but specifically to help the crew out. She completely incorporated herself into the crew dynamic, became an honorary little sister to half the crew and ultimately was prepared to sacrifice her life just to save them (she thought she would die when using Sulong. she single-handedly brought down the BM fleet so that the SH could escape.

and recently we've seen how important she is, since without her and her role as lookout, the "yonko crew" found themselves ambushed and hit by a big L. While Oda shows us at WCI the 3 most important roles at sea, lookout, helmsman and navigator, it's thanks to these 3 crew members that the crew managed to avoid a tsunami and outmaneuver the BM fleet. So there you have it, unlike Kinemon and co, who never had a role or was functional within the crew

WCI SQUAD vs « YoNko cReW »

First Carrot is still well placed in the Nakama train, second check my signature ;)

nice explanation, but what does this have to do with Carrot or Yamato or any candidate?
Well, for a candidate to be really validated we need the refusal of the call.

Because he wants to sound smart
No, that's just the way everyone calls that concept :kayneshrug:

https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/RefusalOfTheCall

Yeah I’ve noticed that. He comes up with a lot of stuff. I’m giving up on him. He has no idea what he is talking about and just comes up with names for things. Zoro never had that refusal. He refused to become a pirate but once he saw what crazy guy Luffy is he said yes.
Yes he did.. You didn't understand what I explained... I said that the refusal could take only a few lines of dialogue. Did you read what I posted at all ?

Not all SHs refused to join Luffy's crew when he asked them, there's no pattern there.
The refusal of the call can take different faces but they happened everytime for all strawhat, even me had to admit that.

Zoro: The refusal comes at the beginning of Captain Morgan's arc in chapter 3
Nami: The refusal comes at the beginning of Arlong Park in chapter 76
Usopp: The refusal takes the form of Usopp leaving on Water Seven in chapter 331.
Sanji: The refusal comes at the beginning of the Baratie Arc in chapter 45
Chopper: The refusal comes at the end of Drum in chapter 152
Robin: The refusal comes at the end of Water Seven in chapter 340
Franky: The refusal comes at the End of the Ennies Lobby Arc in chapter 436
Brook: The refusal comes at the beginning of thriller bark in chapter 443
Jinbe: The refusal comes at the end of Fishmen Island in chapter 649

Carrot risked her life in the most dangerous place in the world not for her own goals but specifically to help the crew out. She completely incorporated herself into the crew dynamic, became an honorary little sister to half the crew and ultimately was prepared to sacrifice her life just to save them (she thought she would die when using Sulong. she single-handedly brought down the BM fleet so that the SH could escape.

and recently we've seen how important she is, since without her and her role as lookout, the "yonko crew" found themselves ambushed and hit by a big L. While Oda shows us at WCI the 3 most important roles at sea, lookout, helmsman and navigator, it's thanks to these 3 crew members that the crew managed to avoid a tsunami and outmaneuver the BM fleet. So there you have it, unlike Kinemon and co, who never had a role or was functional within the crew

WCI SQUAD vs « YoNko cReW »

Okay

Aquí hay un conejo blanco

First Carrot is still well placed in the Nakama train, second check my signature ;)

Well, for a candidate to be really validated we need the refusal of the call.

No, that's just the way everyone calls that concept :kayneshrug:

https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/RefusalOfTheCall

Yes he did.. You didn't understand what I explained... I said that the refusal could take only a few lines of dialogue. Did you read what I posted at all ?

The refusal of the call can take different faces but they happened everytime for all strawhat, even me had to admit that.

Nami was literally held hostage by Arlong, she wasn't refusing the call to adventure, she had to get rescued.

No way I'm reading 4 whole threads now
You can just check "Carrot back in the game?" its a little post.

Nami was literally held hostage by Arlong, she wasn't refusing the call to adventure, she had to get rescued.
The refusal of the call doesn't only happen because the protagonist is in a safe position. In fact, it can be good for the story to have a character in a difficult position refuse the call for adventure. For example, Koby who was held hostage by Alvida, refused first to challenge her authority.

https://cdn.onepiecechapters.com/file/opctcb/onepiece/onepiecechapters_02_13.jpg

Its simple but effective.

You can just check "Carrot back in the game?" its a little post.

The refusal of the call doesn't only happen because the protagonist is in a safe position. In fact, it can be good for the story to have a character in a difficult position refuse the call for adventure. For example, Koby who was held hostage by Alvida, refused first to challenge her authority.

https://cdn.onepiecechapters.com/file/opctcb/onepiece/onepiecechapters_02_13.jpg

Its simple but effective.

Ok Ussop didn't refuse going with Luffy, Robbin sneaked aboard even. Did they also refuse the call somehow?

Also by the way in your Carrot is back in the game thread, you mentioned of how odd it is that minks are aware of the Dawn if they never heard it from Oden.

The minks and the Kozuki has known about the dawn for centuries, it's not just because of Oden, i'm suprised a carrot supporter doesn't even know that.

Yes I did. The refusal of the call of adventure, is the concept that has been used in countless stories. A few examples for you:
Harry Potter: everyone told him he is special but he didn’t believe it. He alway asked “why me?”
Percy Jackson: couldn’t believe he was a demi god and something special
Frodo: trying to give the ring to Gandfall in the beginning and only really accepting the responsibility in rivendell
It’s part of something that every hero has to go through. Part of its journey to become the hero that they are meant to be.