Who will be the Next Strawhat?

• Total voters
Kuma teleporting them is currently what I think could very well happen (together this time). You would like to see them get seperaated again?
Not really, but it would make sense to me?

Ah, shoot, forgot about the giant robot! Well... One robot is already destroyed, mecha sea beasts as well, Pacifistas seem to be okay-ish, let's see how this one fares. I don't think it's strong enough to beat Saturn and Kizaru, plus seraphims might get under Saturn's control, but l am fine if this Uber mecha somehow helps SHP.

You're blind if you read the part where Kuma promised her as a child that Nika would take her out to sea and still think it's just "girl for nakama". There's legitimate reasons to think Bonney will join. As for the role, spy fits perfectly, and she could easily inherit Kuma's dream. The revo argument is also gone now that we know Kuma believed that Nika was the hope of the world rather than the revos.
K cya in 2 months i guess like the Stussy thing
Post automatically merged:

That's a specificity of One Piece.
That's not how it works, you're just claiming it.

Okay, but that doesn't answer my question. HOW was him made aware of that ?
Also second question
Do you have a occurence in the manga where any Kozuki are aware of the dawn of the world beside Yamato, Momo and Oden and beside the prophecy of Hiyori whish is not really about the dawn of the world ?

I'm indeed suggesting that there is something that we are missing. The kozuki were not aware of the dawn but the minks were and Yamato was made aware of the dawn because of the book.

The question is... HOW ?
Ok then you're just retracting your position, you said the minks only knew about the Dawn because of Oden.

I just read a good theory that Elbaf might be an arc where they fight the holly knights, which makes some sense because i feel like OP like any shounen needs an escalation of enemies or there is no tension, in this arc so far the enemies feel a bit subpar, so i'm lowkey expecting some shenanigans to happen because in my opinion the current threats they have are smaller than in Wano.

So i'm hoping for some bad outcome to happen, not sure how, Kuma only "defeated" the SH by sending them away, not sure what could happen here.

Last edited:
Yes it is. THe call for adventure in One Piece can come mid sea. Simply because the adventure is not the sea, its Luffy.

Ok then you're just retracting your position, you said the minks only knew about the Dawn because of Oden.
No, I'm just questionning here. And the fact that there is a hole in the story of the mink MIGHT indicate that the mink are aware of the Dawn because of the journal of Oden that could have been read by Neko or Inu, but its just a theory.

Yes it is. THe call for adventure in One Piece can come mid sea. Simply because the adventure is not the sea, its Luffy.

No, I'm just questionning here. And the fact that there is a hole in the story of the mink MIGHT indicate that the mink are aware of the Dawn because of the journal of Oden that could have been read by Neko or Inu, but its just a theory.

I mean if you decide the call of adventure can happen for people who are held hostage and midway through their adventure then sure, it's everythign and anything.

Also again for the last time, it's just that Pedro knew about the Dawn and so did the Minks for centuries, therefore they didnt learn it from Oden, they knew it before hand.

:nicagesmile:

I mean if you decide the call of adventure can happen for people who are held hostage and midway through their adventure then sure, it's everythign and anything.
No, its a specific concept.

Also again for the last time, it's just that Pedro knew about the Dawn and so did the Minks for centuries, therefore they didnt learn it from Oden, they knew it before hand.
Ok, but there are no occurences of Kozuki members beside those who have read the journal that know about the dawn of the world so.. this beg the question, how did the mink know while being outcasted ? And why ? There is something that was not explained here.

K cya in 2 months i guess like the Stussy thing

I just read a good theory that Elbaf might be an arc where they fight the holly knights, which makes some sense because i feel like OP like any shounen needs an escalation of enemies or there is no tension, in this arc so far the enemies feel a bit subpar, so i'm lowkey expecting some shenanigans to happen because in my opinion the current threats they have are smaller than in Wano.

So i'm hoping for some bad outcome to happen, not sure how, Kuma only "defeated" the SH by sending them away, not sure what could happen here.
Stussy was also based on legitimate ideas, it was just wrong in the end, and nobody was fully on board to begin with. Every time someone thinks a character besides Vivi might join the crew, you just say "people only want them because X" and you pretend there's no real arguments. Bonney for nakama could very well go down in flames, but to look at this chapter and conclude that people only think Bonney is joining because she's a female character with a little focus is just intellectually dishonest.

No, its a specific concept.
Yeah it's a specific concept that happens at the start of the adventure not midway throught, like you claim OP allows.

Ok, but there are no occurences of Kozuki members beside those who have read the journal that know about the dawn of the world so.. this beg the question, how did the mink know while being outcasted ? And why ? There is something that was not explained here.
Because it's passed down as a legend? And Oda is purposely being vague about what it is to not spoil it i assume?

Also there's like 3 Kozuki members, and one was exiled, so what you're actually saying is that maybe Sukiyaki didn't know, but it's likely he did, given he knew about the RP and Pluton.

Stussy was also based on legitimate ideas, it was just wrong in the end, and nobody was fully on board to begin with. Every time someone thinks a character besides Vivi might join the crew, you just say "people only want them because X" and you pretend there's no real arguments. Bonney for nakama could very well go down in flames, but to look at this chapter and conclude that people only think Bonney is joining because she's a female character with a little focus is just intellectually dishonest.
I'm not saying Bonney won't join cuse she's girl of the week, i'm saying most people are gravitating towards her now, because she's actually a normal looking person and looks plausiable as a SH.
She's not a cooky weird candidate like any of the Stellas or say Lucci/Kaku (sorry rambles).

I'm glad people are going for Bonney over VP, VP was a much bigger issue for me, Bonney at least presents as a normal character ally to the SH that could be a a candidate.

I'm completly ambivalent on Bonney, i can't know if she's good or not, it's just a feeling she doesn't jell well with the SH because she's a bit of a Nami clone design wise and she doesn't have a role.

The fact she has relevance in this arc is a fine argument or whatever dreams she inherents or connection to Luffy, she is the strongest candidate in this arc, i just feel like it's not enough but i dont have enough info.

I also think it would make more sense if she went to the Revs, but i dunno what's going to happen, same way i think Kuma is going to die but i can't know for sure.

:few:

Last edited:
Yeah it's a specific concept that happens at the start of the adventure not midway throught, like you claim OP allows
At the start of the PROTAGONIST's journey. In One Piece the protagonist journey doesn't necessarally start when they embark, it can start a little bit after. That's one of the specificities of One Piece.

Because it's passed down as a legend? And Oda is purposely being vague about what it is to not spoil it i assume?

Also there's like 3 Kozuki members, and one was exiled, so what you're actually saying is that maybe Sukiyaki didn't know, but it's likely he did, given he knew about the RP and Pluton.
When I talk about the kozuki, I integrate the samourai with them.

So let's sum it up:

- Sukiyaki, Hiyori, Toki, and the scabbards beside Inu and Neko don't knows about the dawn of the world. At least that's what we know as there is no evidence pointing that they know about it
- Inu and Neko and Pedro know about the dawn of the world. We don't know why and how.
- Oden knew about the dawn because of his journey
- Momo and Yamato know about the dawn because Oden's journal
- We don't know what happen to Neko and Inu between the moment they were captured by the numbers and the moment they arrived on Zou.

Now. The question is: Did Neko and inu read the journal ? Or are the mink aware of something because of their specific status ?

I think the strongest argument for Bonney as a Nakama candidate is what I think eliminates a large number of other Nakam Candidates.

Bonney actively interacts with multiple members of the crew. Both in dialogue and in banter.

It's also why I thought Carrot (Back in WCI) had a decent shot. There was a lot of back and forth with people other than Luffy.

Now my belief in Carrot faded away as her relevancy did with the Wano arc and basically died the moment she didn't get to put down Pedro's killer/a strawhat didn't assist her in doing so.

Kinemon and Momo had the Vivi issue of being so heavily tied to their islands and making sure shit worked there.

Yamato has the problem of so little interaction with any of the Strawhats, even Luffy, who interacted the most with Yamato didn't do much.

Stussy kinda has all of the problems. Nearly zero interaction and banter with the crew and I'd say she's not even tertiary to the current arc.

It goes

Bonney
Vegapunks
Strawhats
Blackbeard Pirates
Gorosei
Seraphim
Marines
Lucci
then you could argue Stussy

Last edited:
Yeah it's a specific concept that happens at the start of the adventure not midway throught, like you claim OP allows.

I'm not saying Bonney won't join cuse she's girl of the week, i'm saying most people are gravitating towards her now, because she's actually a normal looking person and looks plausiable as a SH.
She's not a cooky weird candidate like any of the Stellas or say Lucci/Kaku (sorry rambles).

I'm glad people are going for Bonney over VP, VP was a much bigger issue for me, Bonney at least presents as a normal character ally to the SH that could be a a candidate.

I'm completly ambivalent on Bonney, i can't know if she's good or not, it's just a feeling she doesn't jell well with the SH because she's a bit of a Nami clone design wise and she doesn't have a role.

The fact she has relevance in this arc is a fine argument or whatever dreams she inherents or connection to Luffy, she is the strongest candidate in this arc, i just feel like it's not enough but i dont have enough info.

I also think it would make more sense if she went to the Revs, but i dunno what's going to happen, same way i think Kuma is going to die but i can't know for sure.

:few:
I totally respect that you don't agree with my arguments in favor of her. I just object to your comment that there isn't a real argument at all and it's just because she's getting focus. There's at least half a dozen characters I'd prefer over Bonney, but I legitimately see evidence pointing to her, whether you agree with me or not.

At the start of the PROTAGONIST's journey. In One Piece the protagonist journey doesn't necessarally start when they embark, it can start a little bit after. That's one of the specificities of One Piece.
You can't say Ussop rejected the call for adventure later on if he accepted the call for adventure initially and then left. But we've done this topic to death it's pointless to go on, you're being too lose with the concept.

When I talk about the kozuki, I integrate the samourai with them.

So let's sum it up:

- Sukiyaki, Hiyori, Toki, and the scabbards beside Inu and Neko don't knows about the dawn of the world. At least that's what we know as there is no evidence pointing that they know about it
- Inu and Neko and Pedro know about the dawn of the world. We don't know why and how.
- Oden knew about the dawn because of his journey
- Momo and Yamato know about the dawn because Oden's journal
- We don't know what happen to Neko and Inu between the moment they were captured by the numbers and the moment they arrived on Zou.

Now. The question is: Did Neko and inu read the journal ? Or are the mink aware of something because of their specific status ?
I mean again for the 100th time, Pedro mentioned it as their people waiting for it for hundreds of years, that's an extremlly weird way of saying it if they only knew it since Oden's journey, the only thing that seems likely is that only the Kozuki/Mink leadership knows about it, but again it's unlikely they only learned about it in the last 20 years since Oden's journal given the way they talk.

I totally respect that you don't agree with my arguments in favor of her. I just object to your comment that there isn't a real argument at all and it's just because she's getting focus. There's at least half a dozen characters I'd prefer over Bonney, but I legitimately see evidence pointing to her, whether you agree with me or not.
But i don't even disagree with the arguments lol :catblush:, i'm telling you it's just a feeling, it's a culmination of a hundred little factors but it's not a justification. It's like feeling Law wasn't going to join.

I don't berate anyone's candidate, again i'm telling you Bonney is the most likely this arc so far. Personally i'm not sold on her, but it's not like i think she's like a King or something, it's plausible.

You can't say Ussop rejected the call for adventure later on if he accepted the call for adventure initially and then left. But we've done this topic to death it's pointless to go on, you're being too lose with the concept.
I'm tired of explaining the same thing over and over again, this is pointless.

I mean again for the 100th time, Pedro mentioned it as their people waiting for it for hundreds of years, that's an extremlly weird way of saying it if they only knew it since Oden's journey
Not really, Inu may have told him all about it 20 years ago and their might be something in the mink lore that explains why they were waiting while not knowing.

the only thing that seems likely is that only the Kozuki/Mink leadership knows about it, but again it's unlikely they only learned about it in the last 20 years since Oden's journal given the way they talk.
THen there is a mink lore that is yet to be explained.

I mean again for the 100th time, Pedro mentioned it as their people waiting for it for hundreds of years, that's an extremlly weird way of saying it if they only knew it since Oden's journey, the only thing that seems likely is that only the Kozuki/Mink leadership knows about it, but again it's unlikely they only learned about it in the last 20 years since Oden's journal given the way they talk.

But i don't even disagree with the arguments lol :catblush:, i'm telling you it's just a feeling, it's a culmination of a hundred little factors but it's not a justification. It's like feeling Law wasn't going to join.

I don't berate anyone's candidate, again i'm telling you Bonney is the most likely this arc so far. Personally i'm not sold on her, but it's not like i think she's like a King or something, it's plausible.
Yeah, that's all totally fine. But you said people are only supporting Bonney because she's getting a little focus right now, and that's what I'm objecting to.

I also like to think about crew mate canidate relative to the ten titanic captains. Kuzan is the 10th so you'll need someone resistance to the cold to deal with him. Right now (Can't combust a dry wooden floor) Sanji with his blue fire seems very plausible however Causually (melting rock) Zoro seems more plausible.

The animator director of the anime were BS hires. No wonder oda made zoro have an extreme diff with lucci. I bet when they animate this fight, the floor with be breaking apart while they run, they'll be zooming 100s of kilometer around egghead, and earthquakes and wind with tear down structures. I expect extreme gasing and oda get cruel with zoro if so.