Who will be the Next Strawhat?

• Total voters
No, I'm not going to read some "presentation" get out with it or not. Don't imply something without elaborating it.
I love implying things.

I actually can't do mental work. For me, working even mentally is like if I asked you right now to climb a mountain.

99% I can't, and one day a month I'm actually lucky and make some progress

I love implying things.

I actually can't do mental work. For me, working even mentally is like if I asked you right now to climb a mountain.

99% I can't, and one days a month I'm actually lucky and make some progress
Oh woe is me, pish posh...
Sure difficulty can be one thing, but it just sounds like excuses, unless you're going to tell us you have to sit in a wheelchair like Christopher Reeves and or Stephen Hawking's... I'm calling some BS

1. This is literally what some of you guys have been saying for years lol
2. This is a real possibility, you have no way to disprove it

Last minute, in term of writing, might mean a lot of chapter granted.

Not necessaraly. You are denying a real possibility here.

I'm not the one who keep saying "Naito killed Carrot's future"

Actually no.

This

was actually helping my theory and was nothing but a confirmation of it

Actually no. The burden of proof lies on YOU. I already proved that Carrot was build like a strawhat with the 5 golden rules and the 10 pillars. Now you need to prove to ME that Oda didn't change his mindset at the last minute.

Indeed

Nop. The 5 golden rules and the 10 pillar are still relevant to predict a new strawhat

Same thing that reborn. If Oda changed his mind at the last minute not to include Carrot, my pillar could be true but my conclusion could be wrong. You have no way of proving that this possibility is non existent.

The problem is that they are missing the point.

The freedom to choose is in Yamato's case the BIGGEST freedom. Why ? Because that seeking for freedom was setup during the fight between Yamato and Kaido.

You need to understand that Yamato became the EXACT OPPOSITE that her father wanted her to become.

In that case, Vivi is still chained to Alabsta by a sense of duty, so Vivi is not really free.
Do you see the problem with that reasonning ? Or not ?

Because hurting Momo's pride means that Momo is not yet capable of defending himself. This has nothing to do with Yamato staying.

And I agree with that. That's a sence of responsibility. But you need to understand that she was FREE to make her own choice. The point of Yamato's arc is not about the nature of the choice, its about the possibility of making that choice in the first place. Something that was denied to her by her dad for many years.
You're ignoring her desire to explore the seas. She's not staying to protect Wano because that's what she wants. If that was the case, it wouldn't hurt Momo's pride. She gave up her dream to stay in Wano simply because she was too worried about Momo. That's not freedom, that's being held back by Momo instead of Kaido. She may be technically free to choose in that no one will physically stop her, but she chose the option she didn't want because she didn't feel like she could leave Momo unprotected. That's just a different kind of shackle.

As for Vivi, I believe her words were "my heart is with my people" or something like that. Staying in alabasta is what she wanted, so no, not the same at all.

You're ignoring her desire to explore the seas. She's not staying to protect Wano because that's what she wants. If that was the case, it wouldn't hurt Momo's pride. She gave up her dream to stay in Wano simply because she was too worried about Momo. That's not freedom, that's being held back by Momo instead of Kaido. She may be technically free to choose in that no one will physically stop her, but she chose the option she didn't want because she didn't feel like she could leave Momo unprotected. That's just a different kind of shackle.

As for Vivi, I believe her words were "my heart is with my people" or something like that. Staying in alabasta is what she wanted, so no, not the same at all.
She also has a desire to protect wano, something that shouldn't be ignore....

If that was the case, it wouldn't hurt Momo's pride.
Yamato don't want to hurt Momo's pride because she wants him not to feel weak and unable to protect Wano alone, not because she doesn't want her to know that she wants to go to sea it makes no sence.

Yamato WANTS to stay in Wano, she would LOVE to go out to sea but its the same "love" that VIvi would get if she was given the opportunity, its a wish of circounstance. Yamato made her choice out of responsibility, this is something that she wants. She is not forcing herself here. That's the entire point of her storyarc. No wonder you don't understand my point if you are missing that.

Yamato was given the same choice as Oden. In front of Wano Oden also WANTED to stay to help them but out of selfishness he decided to leave. Yamato is not only Oden, she is her OWN Oden. She made the choice to stay out of responsibility. Just like Vivi.

But this doesn't mean that she doesn't want to stay, it only means that one desire was bigger than the other. The desire to help her friends.

That's not freedom, that's being held back by Momo instead of Kaido
It is freedom, the freedom to choose. Just like Vivi was free by choosing to stay on Alabasta.

she didn't want because
Only you think she didn't want it. But Yamato never said that she didn't want to stay on Wano, she only said "I would really love to come with you" that's all. There are two desires here and one stronger than the other. You MUST understand that to understand why Yamato didn't join and why her story ended the way it ended.

As for Vivi, I believe her words were "my heart is with my people"
Just like Yamato's hearth is with Momo.

Its EXACTLY the same.

You are missinterpreting Yamato's story arc here completely.

Yamato don't want to hurt Momo's pride because she wants not to feel weak and unable to protect Wano alone, not because she doesn't want her to know that she wants to go to sea it makes no sence.

Yamato WANTS to stay in Wano, she would LOVE to go out to sea but its the same "love" that VIvi would get if she was given the opportunity, its a wish of circounstance. Yamato made her choice out of responsibility, this is something that she wants. She is not forcing herself here. That's the entire point of her storyarc. No wonder you don't understand my point if you are missing that.

Yamato was given the same choice as Oden. In front of Wano Oden also WANTED to stay to help them but out of selfishness he decided to leave. Yamato is not only Oden, she is her OWN Oden. She made the choice to stay out of responsibility. Just like Vivi.

But this doesn't mean that she doesn't want to stay, it only means that one desire was bigger than the other. The desire to help her friends.

It is freedom, the freedom to choose. Just like Vivi was free by choosing to stay on Alabasta.

Onl

y you think she didn't want it. But Yamato never said that she didn't want to stay on Wano, she only said "I would really love to come with you" that's all. There are two desires here and one stronger than the other. You MUST understand that to understand why Yamato didn't join and why her story ended the way it ended.

Just like Yamato's hearth is with Momo.

Its EXACTLY the same.
She never said she wanted to stay in Wano, you just assumed it because that was your theory. It's clear to everyone but you that sailing with the strawhats is what she wanted. It's surprising that a self proclaimed "story telling expert" can't understand that someone isn't free just because they're not physically chained. Yamato's connection to Wano is nothing like Vivi's connection to Alabasta.

She never said she wanted to stay in Wano, you just assumed it because that was your theory.
That's IMPLIED by her final choice and her storylines in Onigashima

Gosh..

It's clear to everyone but you that sailing with the strawhats is what she wanted
But... omg..zen

I'm not saying that she doesn't want to leave with the crew.

I'm saying that there are TWO desire here. One desire, to sail the sea, because she was thaught (by her experience and childhood and Ace) that the sea would be the resolution of all her problem of Freedom and ANOTHER desire which came during Onigashima that is to be here for the sake of the Kkozuki as a Samourai and for Momo.

The two desire just like Vivi at the time were cohabitating in Yamato's mind until she made her final choice FREELY (and offscreen granted)

The point of the entire arc is FREEDOM. The freedom to choose the path you want and not the path that is chosen for you by your dad or your idol.

This is a beautiful message and its really saddening to see that you guys completely missed it.

You said "side tracked" not forgotten. And Carrot was not forgotten, she even had a bit of shine during the arc.
😩 I forget that comprehension is not your strong suit. I asked to give me an example where Oda forgot about a strawhat during an arc. I should have Frased it clearer for you. When was a Nakama useless during and arc? When where they never shown or forgotten for long periods of time without doing something useful afterwards. Sanji gets side tracked, that is true but he always accomplishes something afterwards. What did Larrot do, where did she shine in Wano? Getting negged by perospero?