Who will be the Next Strawhat?

• Total voters
The only foreshadowing we had that Yamato was going to stay in Wano was the fact that her fruit is the Okuchi no Makani which is the guardian deity of Wano.

Also Yamato clearly didn't choose what she wanted the most, she clearly wanted to travel with the SH, if Greenbull didn't show up or Momo was stronger, that would happen.
Yeah, that's why her staying in Wano is more similar to Jinbe not joining in FI.

And now I will listen to Under Pressure, whoooo
o!
Because the Show must go on!
I’m just gonna go back to their greatest hits. Oh wait that’s all of them.
:cheers:

I don't push theories over agendas, I just like theorizing.

I thought ZKK was an absolutely stupid theory until I saw all the foreshadowing regarding Zoro and slaying dragons. Once I saw that evidence I changd my mind.

I like Stussy a lot, if you go back to my posts when her power was revealed against Kaku and Lucci, I was super hyped. I just don't push candidates unless I think they have legitimate shots to join the crew.

I actually think Lucci joining would be interesting, I just haven't found an actual pathway to it happening. I'd love to see Stussy and Bonney join, but, I feel they fit in better with the Revs right now. Stussy and Bonney's goal is to go against the WG at this point, with Stussy betraying them and Bonney wanting them dead for enslaving her father.

To join the crew, you need a dream that involves sailing around the entire world. Characters like Stussy COULD have that motivation, but, we need more from her. At the least, Stussy joining the crew after this arc would be ridiculous, she'd need more time to spend with the crew.

I despise Vivi being sidelined for like 800 chapters, but, it was a necessary part of the story. The only serious agenda I have is Wano Act 4, and that's because Wano Act 3 ended full of Chekovs' Guns and unanswered plot questions.

I hope Stussy gets up and does something cool soon.
I think I can understand why you are still kind of undecided.

But I think it is the sweetest to see a favorite character coming back into focus and this is worth all the waiting, in my opinion.

The only foreshadowing we had that Yamato was going to stay in Wano was the fact that her fruit is the Okuchi no Makani which is the guardian deity of Wano.

Also Yamato clearly didn't choose what she wanted the most, she clearly wanted to travel with the SH, if Greenbull didn't show up or Momo was stronger, that would happen.
What are you talking about. Her entire role in Onigashima was defending and attending to Momo. Of course that’s what she was going to do after the war otherwise she would’ve been fighting alongside the straw hats in Onigashima like Franky was in Ennies Lobby, Brook in Thriller Bark, or Jinbe in Fishman Island.

What are you talking about. Her entire role in Onigashima was defending and attending to Momo. Of course that’s what she was going to do after the war otherwise she would’ve been fighting alongside the straw hats in Onigashima like Franky was in Ennies Lobby, Brook in Thriller Bark, or Jinbe in Fishman Island.
But Yamato was fighting alongside the straw hats in Onigashima, all of the ally characters were fighting it was a war lol.

And jimbei didn't even fight in Fishman Island, neither did Nami or Robin. You can say that Yamato defending Momo was evidence of her staying sure, but it's all flimsy either way.

But Yamato was fighting alongside the straw hats in Onigashima, all of the ally characters were fighting it was a war lol.

And jimbei didn't even fight in Fishman Island, neither did Nami or Robin. You can say that Yamato defending Momo was evidence of her staying sure, but it's all flimsy either way.
She wasn’t. She was just protecting Momo for ninety percent of it and literally her biggest connection in Wano was Momo.

Of course she was staying in wano. It’s like how people said carrot was staying in zou because she was constantly being connected with the minks rather than the straw hats. Oda did the same thing with Yamato with Momo

CoC: Color of Clowns

Science(Knowledge) + God(Light) = Truth
That's interesting! Tbh I'm currently the most curious about the world building, that witch apocalyptic universe, and the first and the last story ideas seem to be what I'd enjoy reading the most (something all you need is some heart warming content, but I also like a good detective story).
I'd be glad to read more in a PM! Thanks for sharing :)
Sure! Warning, though, my writing is (as you might expect) fairly lewd, and very dark. Iskyland Paradise is a radical matriarchy that inherently views men as below women naturally, so, there's a lot of weird sexual dynamics. It's kind of an inversion of modern western society, where rich men can do whatever they want when it comes to sex and violence. Iskyland Paradise is a place where the more powerful your magic, the more evil you can commit, in some cases legally, so, the characters have pretty traumatic backstories at times.

I'll send you the first chapter in a while (remind me if I don't).

Cute characters and cute animal mascot companions sell the MERCH, though they don't get their animals/Familiars until the 4th book.

I have 4 series in the works, all in the same universe.

Cari and Kano, a children's book about two teenage witches, a boy and girl name Cari and Kano, delivering packages in a low-key, kind of cozy apocalyptic environment.

Broom Boosters, a book about Broom Racing Witches who are borderline Magical girls fighting against child-murdering-and-abusing nazi Witch cultists, and also trying to prevent a Holy War between their city, Iskyland Paradise, and Heaven. The main character is a cursed Witch who was kidnapped and experimented on by the cultists, Tree Marrok, who wanted to turn her into an aritificial Nephilim slave and program her to kill God. The main character, Sophia, is trying to end slavery, and discrimination against humans in Iskyland Paradise, while dealing with her insanely incestuous family full of assassin spies, Tree Sixern, who she escaped after her younger brother Felix murdered over 1,000 Tree Marrok Mages in order to secure her freedom. Set in 2090.

Another One Bites with Lust: A horny teenage idiot named Elio Mortiz kills himself after making a suicide/murder pact with a teenage girl after thinking he knocked her up, only to find out she wasn't lying about being a vampire. As a result, he becomes her servant/"sex slave" (he's a masochist), and has to deal with a bunch of teenage Christian exorcists trying to murder him because they think he wants to take over the town and turn a bunch of women into his slave harem (he does not want this). Yada yada they uncover a big conspiracy and everyone starts having absolutely unhinged vampire sex, then start trying to train to become strong enough to rescue some characters from heaven and murder the Demon Lord Atrazan, who created Elio's Master, Riven Triss, bu kidnapping her Angel mother and... ahem. Set in 2165.

The Chronicles of Viper Copperhead Fahrenheit: The reincarnation of Thoth, the strongest Mage in the history of Gaia, and the alien who built Iskyland Paradise and is falsely worshipped as its god, is a 40 year old Mage who is the most wanted man in the world for crimes in his past involving massacring a high school and then a small army. Mischella Vale, Viper's ex from high school, saw him murder her father in the school that day, and has been trying to uncover the truth behind what happened ever since. Now, Mischella is working with Vincent Colatine, a Mage Detective who specializes in reading the minds of the dead to find their killers. After a diplomats daughter is murdered in the City of Rune, Mischella and Vincent investigate to find the culprit, Empath, is a Telepath that grows stronger by feeling pain, and that he is connected to a larger, dark organization known as Elysium. Mischella comes to find the true cause behind her suffering, an insane Mage known as Razor Scazor, who is collecting Mages and training an army to murder God. Set in 2167.

I can DM you stuff from the crazy series, but, for now, here's Cari and Kano, book 1:

Cari: Short black hair, peach skin, light green eyes, thin, lanky, six toes on her left foot, long tongue that can touch her nose, bow-legged.

Black witch's hat with a lone white stripe going down it that lines up with her right eye, big ears, small nose, black velvet cloak with purple bats and stars above them stitched onto the back, a thick red sundress, black bloomers, thick white pantyhose, red socks with black squirrels on them, black boots with golden buckles.

Likes collecting antique clocks and action figures. Is bad at cooking, but good at sewing. Likes to fish, sing while flying, solve puzzles, and dance. Likes bacon and eggs, kiwis, and peanut butter and jelly sandwiches.

Kano: Buzz-cut with black hair, brown eyes, brown skin, long arms and hands, gap in between his front teeth, slightly muscular, wide nose.

Horizontally striped green and white hat with ear flaps and white fur on the inside, deep blue cloak, dark purple shirt, blue jeans cut off midway at the shins, white and blue sneakers, white leather gloves with wrists straps with silver buttons.

Likes exploring, flying fast, and finding small trinkets to give to Cari. Is good at cooking, has a bad sense of direction.

Likes to dance, drum and play the flute, talk to animals, and sleep. Likes peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, chocolate, oranges, and oysters.

Author's Note: Greetings. This is Fickle Fingers, the author. Hopefully, that is not my real name. If it is, my parents made a huge mistake. Okay, it isn't my real name.

I hope anyone reading this is having a good day, and learns something from the day they’re having. If you're having a bad day, I hope this book helps it become better.

I wrote Cari and Kano because I wanted to make a book series that was light hearted, fun, and warm. My general work is much darker, so this series is a bright ray of sunshine for me. I hope it is the same for you.

This work was inspired by the book, and film, Kiki's Delivery Service, created by Eiko Kadono, and adapted into an animated film by Studio Ghibli. Sadly, the book series has no English translation that I know of, and I am unable to read Japanese. It is my favorite film.

The thought of a kind young girl soaring through the sky on a broomstick on her own touched a part of me. It made me wish I could be a child again, and ride with Kiki while giggling with each other, slicing through the wind, and staring at the sunset.

So much of the world destroys that youthful innocence and optimism. Watching Kiki make her way on her own while being supported, rather than controlled, by the adults around her filled me with warmth.

I hope that this book can give you the same warmth and hope that Kiki gave me.

To any child reading this, never let adults, or other children, steal your hope and love away. Plenty will try. Find people who cherish your laughter and smile. Laughter and smiles are the greatest gifts you can give to the world.

To any adult reading this, please, remember that there is no treasure, whether it be money, gold, diamonds, boats, planes, houses, or pools that shines with the warmth of a child's smile.

It is up to all of us to leave a better world for children than the world we grew up in. Children are not born with hatred in their hearts. It is our duty to make sure that none enters them.

May you all find a warm sky to fly in. May you all find a warm shoulder to lean on. May you all find a warm smile that makes you smile as well. Thank you for reading. May you all live a life filled with laughter and love.

Cari and Kano in the Warm Sky

1. When Cari flew fast on the broom, the wind felt like her mother's warm hands combing her hair. It was a nice feeling, and it made her smile.

2. Sometimes it tickled, and sometimes a bug hit her face and she shouted, “BLEH, KANO, I KISSED A BUG, EWWWW," but most times she smiled while Kano snored behind her.

3. Kano always snored when he was asleep. He was goofy. It was good that they magically stuck to their broom, like peanut butter on bread.

4. If Kano and Cari were a peanut butter and jelly sandwich, Cari would be the jelly because she was sweet and light, and Kano would be the peanut butter since he was thick and nutty.

5. Cari thought that they would be a good sandwich. The broom was the bread, and the sky was the milk they drank with the sandwich.

6. “SNORK!” Kano snored. Cari giggled. Kano sounded like a pig farting when he snored. But he smelled like oranges, because he liked eating oranges, and never washed his hands after eating them.

7. They were a few years away from being grown-ups, but they always wanted to be like kids. Kids had more fun than grown-ups.

8. Kano and Cari didn't like some grown-ups. Grown-ups liked money too much. Flying on brooms in the warm sky was much more fun than money.

9. Cari's favorite thing to do was sleeping in the hammock tied to their broom. It wrapped all around her like a sky blanket and was warm even when the wind was cold. She could make it see-through if she wanted to, like a window.

10. Cari liked to go to sleep while looking at the golden clouds and black birds. The birds sang at the sun and slowly scared it away so that she could see the glowing moon.

11. Their broom could fly fast, but she always flew slow while Kano was asleep. He needed rest so he could get smarter. Cari needed rest so that she could get smarter, too.

12. Kano and Cari were like mailmen. They took mail and gifts to people. They had never failed to deliver a gift, because gifts were important. Kano liked it when the gifts or letters made people smile.

13. Sometimes, Kano said that Cari snored. Cari thought he was lying. She hoped he was lying. Cari didn't want to sound like a pig farting.

14. There were dumb pirates in small planes with mean sharks painted on them that would try to steal their gifts. Kano used his wand to make their socks and shoes disappear, and then their feet got cold.

15. Cari felt bad for the pirates. She didn't like it when her feet were cold. She had big leather boots with golden buckles and red socks with black squirrels on them.

16. Sometimes, Cari got sleepy and laid on Kano's shoulder while they flew. Kano's shoulder was even warmer than the sky in summer. It was the best pillow in the whole world.

17. Cari liked Autumn. She liked flying through the red and orange leaves. She wished the leaves wouldn't fall and could fly with them.

18. Sometimes Kano ate leaves. Kano was a weirdo, but Cari still loved him. When Cari did weird things, Kano smiled. Kano was a good friend. He never burped too loud, always said, “Excuse me,” and he could cook in the air with floating pots.

19. The eggs that Kano made were very good. He liked talking to chickens and asked them a lot about eggs. Cari only liked to eat food Kano made.

20. Cari didn't like talking to chickens. They were loud and always said the same things. Cari thought that they would be happy if they could fly. Someday, Cari would give every chicken a broom so that they could fly.

21. Sometimes, the chickens smelled. Kano and Cari bathed in lakes everyday in their purple swimsuits Cari had made for them so that they didn't smell like chickens.

22. They liked to splash each other with water and play hide n' seek. Cari always let Kano find her. Kano got scared if he couldn't find Cari, and she didn’t want him to cry.

23. Kano was strong but soft when he hugged Cari. Sometimes Cari’s hair flew into Kano’s mouth. He said it tasted good. Kano was weird, but Cari was glad that her hair didn't taste bad.

24. Sometimes Kano said Cari's hair was nice, and she would get red and feel her cheeks and heart get warm. Kano liked to brush Cari's hair. He did a bad job, but he tried hard.

25. Kano turned invisible once. It took a long time until Cari could see him again. She kept running into him. It was funny, until she tripped on him and fell into a bush. Kano cried, but Cari wasn't mad at him.

26. Cari wanted to always be with Kano. Being with him made the sky look ever prettier. The warm sky was purple and pink sometimes. That was when Cari was the happiest.

27. Cari fell off of their broom once, but Kano caught her. Kano cried, and after that, they always tied ropes to the broom so that they wouldn't fall.

28. Kano was smart, and Cari was smart, too. They were happy that they could fly together. One day, they brought someone a bathtub. The man needed it, because he smelled like chickens.

Debating Logiko is like trying to play chess with a pigeon. It’ll just shit on the board, knock over the pieces, and then claim that it won.
Funny, that's how I feel talking with some of you guys...

What you must understand is that Yamatos biggest desire is to go out to sea.
How can you tell ? There is absolutely no clue leading us to think that and Yamato actually choose to stay so... how can you tell ?

I don’t know why you bring in Vivi into this? I never mentioned her. This is about Yamato, so lets keep it about her.
No, its ALSO about VIVI because its the SAME exact choice.

If you think Yamato wants more to go out to sea than stay then you also think Vivi wants more to go out to sea than stay. There is absolutely NO difference between the storyline (aside from their nature)

This are high level feats and it shows momos power. He just needs to learn to control it and do it all the time. Also this is one piece, we have seen Koby’s growth between his first appearance and water7. It isn’t far fetched to say next time we see Momo he his at a level where he can protect Wano and Yamato is free to follow her desires.
I didn't say that he can't do it, I said that he will take take, more time than the end of the series.

“I still really really want to go out to see with you” and this in a flashback after we have already left Wano, by making Luffy give Yamato an open invite. Oda has left her story at a point where he can always return to and continue it
No, he just express one of Yamato's desire. Her real choice was made. I'm talking about a storytelling choice here.

Basically the crumps are laid out and he can start picking them up whenever he wants. Same as he did with Jinbe.
Those are different cases. With Jinbe, Oda clearly stated that he has something to do and that he would rejoin them later. So there was REASON to believe that Jinbe would come back. This is not the case of Yamato. Her actual storyline is over. Sorry mate. The hard choice was made and in storytelling, that's a finish line.

No matter what you can say.

Oda actually never completely closes the story of a character and can return to them whenever he wants to.
Yes he does. That's basic. Storyline are completely closed most of the time. When a character return (Vivi for example) a NEW storyline is created.

not at all, one is a promise, the other is just the expression of something she would love.

I don't understand how Yamato gets compared to Vivi and not Jinbe...
Because those are incomparable. There was a clear promise with Jinbe to return and NONE with Yamato and Vivi. Just a "will you still consider me your nakama?" which is NOT a promise.

Isn’t analysing a story also possible without applying rules? Can’t I analyse without using those and still predict what Oda will come up with next?
You can, it will just be a little bit harder. And less accurate.

Basically C4N was saying we know Yamato chose what she wanted most by staying in Wano because her story is over, and we know her story is over because she chose what she wanted most by staying in Wano
The thing is, this is a strawman and not my actual argument. :kayneshrug: Hence a logical fallacy

I never said that we know Yamato chose what she wanted most by staying because the story was over, but we know the story is over because we now she chose, hence only your second sentence is correct.

In storytelling, when a character makes the hardest choice possible, its the end of its character arc. There is no getting around it and you should know that.

she clearly wanted to travel with the SH, if Greenbull didn't show up or Momo was stronger, that would happen.
How can you tell that her desire to sail with the strawhat is stronger than her desire to help Momo ? There are absolutely no clue telling us that in the story.

You guys are completely bias.

But Yamato was fighting alongside the straw hats in Onigashima
No she didn't, she fought alongside Momo and for the sake of Onigashima, not with the strawhats.

I proved that here:

How can you tell ? There is absolutely no clue leading us to think that and Yamato actually choose to stay so... how can you tell ?
I showed you the panel, where she says "I really want to go out to see with you'. I mean how much clearer can she be? You asking me is like me asking you, how can you tell that she doesn't want to go to see? We are talking about a fictional character. What she says is what she means.

No, its ALSO about VIVI because its the SAME exact choice.

If you think Yamato wants more to go out to sea than stay then you also think Vivi wants more to go out to sea than stay. There is absolutely NO difference between the storyline (aside from their nature)
Yes and no. One yes I do believe that if given the choice completely free of burden Vivi would like to sail with the Strawhats and would have done so. How are their cases different? Vivi is the Princess of Alabasta and actually the queen now that Cobra is dead. Even if she sails with the Strawhats, she has to return and rule as no one else can. She doesn't have any siblings like Lily did 800 years ago. And we have seen that Vivi is not one to run from her responsibilities. After she can go back because the WG is defeated, she must go back.
Yamato on the other hand is not the ruler of Wano. That is Momo. After Momo is strong enough to protect Wano together with his samurai, she is free to sail with Luffy and co. Big difference.

I didn't say that he can't do it, I said that he will take take, more time than the end of the series.
No! This has to happen before the borders of Wano get open. Also, Momo has to surpass Oden before the end of the series. He said he would do it. And we will be there to see that glorious day.

No, he just express one of Yamato's desire. Her real choice was made. I'm talking about a storytelling choice here.
Yamato doesn't make storytelling choices. Oda the writer does. And he made the choice to put that panel in and that for a reason. The first rule of writing. If something is shown there is a reason why it is shown. If Oda made a storytelling choice and that is to leave Yamato on Wano and end her story there then the goodbye scene would have been enough. Why bother showing that panel after the straw hats have already set sail from Wano? Because it tells us her real desire to sail with the straw hats.

Those are different cases. With Jinbe, Oda clearly stated that he has something to do and that he would rejoin them later. So there was REASON to believe that Jinbe would come back. This is not the case of Yamato. Her actual storyline is over. Sorry mate. The hard choice was made and in storytelling, that's a finish line.

No matter what you can say.
The above reason proves that it is the same.

I felt yesterday that we were actually having a debate and trying to listen and understand each other's reasons. I feel like today you just want to be right. If you want to argue than let me know. Cuz I will not continue. If you want to have a normal debate, then yes.

She wasn’t. She was just protecting Momo for ninety percent of it and literally her biggest connection in Wano was Momo.

Of course she was staying in wano. It’s like how people said carrot was staying in zou because she was constantly being connected with the minks rather than the straw hats. Oda did the same thing with Yamato with Momo
Do I have to remind you that Luffy basically told her to protect momo... Under his Orders. Oof

Yes, but you aren't reading the subtext:beckmoji:

Forgetting how Yamato abandoned Momo to go help Luffy:seriously: