Who will be the Next Strawhat?

• Total voters
Well, lets see how accurate this is.
I really hope that Lucci joining will show you that you do not need to go by rules in your analysis and that everyone can be happy analysing as long as they have fun doing so.

Because, this is my well-meant message to you: If you analyse according to your own rules, it is fine and good. But do not enforce them on others. And please, do not go as far as to think of people, who do not accept your rules or think of them in a negative way, as silly or ignorant.

Those are your rules - only for you. Keep them close to you and share them. But the moment you feel resistence, please, don't enforce them. :sweat:

All these dabling with Yamato are dumb because Yamato is basing her life on Oden story which, and pardon my french, is fcking retarded. The man traveled around the world while leaving Wano unnatended so it got slowly conquered, and it's one of the weirdest stories portrayed in One piece.

That's why it was so well made that both Momo (legitamely because he's the son) and Yamato (weird awkhard fan girl) would inherent Oden's dream(s), one would be shogun and defend Wano and the other would go out to sea and adventure, that was Oden's contradictory wills.

Instead you got both stand guard in Wano because they're afraid of the WG, which is non-sense because why does the WG want Wano so much? If they know Pluton is there why don't they invade fishman island aswell for Poseidon, if it's because of Poneglyphs why don't they care about Zou aswell?

Well anyways Wano syndrome honestly:zosleepy:

I showed you the panel, where she says "I really want to go out to see with you'.
This is just like me saying "I really want to go to space". Of course I would love it, but that's not my main desire.

how can you tell that she doesn't want to go to see?
The difference is that I'm not denying that she would like to go to sea. I'm only denying that this desire is stronger than her desire to help the Kozuki and Momo and wano.

Yes and no. One yes I do believe that if given the choice completely free of burden Vivi would like to sail with the Strawhats and would have done so. How are their cases different? Vivi is the Princess of Alabasta and actually the queen now that Cobra is dead. Even if she sails with the Strawhats, she has to return and rule as no one else can. She doesn't have any siblings like Lily did 800 years ago. And we have seen that Vivi is not one to run from her responsibilities. After she can go back because the WG is defeated, she must go back.
Yamato on the other hand is not the ruler of Wano. That is Momo. After Momo is strong enough to protect Wano together with his samurai, she is free to sail with Luffy and co. Big difference.
The point is that BOTH are necessary to the country at least until the end of the story.

Momo has to surpass Oden before the end of the series.
Why ?

Oda the writer does.
No. YAMATO made a choice.

If something is shown there is a reason why it is shown
Yes and in that case it was made to explain Yamato's descision. Simple. You are searching complication where there is none. Those panel are not "foreshadowing" anything. They are simply here to explain the situation of Yamato.

Yamato on Wano and end her story there then the goodbye scene would have been enough
Not necessaraly no. Because the point of this flashback if you look closely, is not Yamato, its Marco and Marco's departure. The focus of the flashback is on Marco, not Yamato. Oda just uses this flashback as a way to add more deapth to Yamato and you are taking that too far.

You need to use Okham's razor here and stop trying to find a way for Yamato to be confirmed as a crewmate.

I felt yesterday that we were actually having a debate and trying to listen and understand each other's reasons. I feel like today you just want to be right. If you want to argue than let me know. Cuz I will not continue. If you want to have a normal debate, then yes.
We are still having a debate. But yersteday, you felt that we were advancing simply because I came back on one of my argument. Today I don't have reason to. Now, its your turn to look at the story with clarity and objectivity.

I can't be the only one always saying "you are right". I'm doing that far from enough on this forum. You guys need to learn how to be wrong sometimes.

Do I have to remind you that Luffy basically told her to protect momo... Under his Orders. Oof
Only your interpreatation.

I really hope that Lucci joining will show you that you do not need to go by rules in your analysis and that everyone can be happy analysing as long as they have fun doing so.
I really hope too. I would lead to a better way of looking at the story.

And please, do not go as far as to think of people, who do not accept your rules or think of them in a negative way, as silly or ignorant.
I do not think people in a negative way on this forum (aside from racist and bigots) I only think that some people here are not educated on certain storytelling subject, hence why I keep on explaining them.

The problem is that those people don't accept to be wrong.

The man traveled around the world while leaving Wano unnatended so it got slowly conquered, and it's one of the weirdest stories portrayed in One piece.
Indeed. Oden was selfish.

We need to understand that Oden himself is the reason why he failed. Oden was selfish and thinking to much of himself. Making him do the worst error possible (not rely enough on his friends) This is why you can see Oden supporting the scabbard in the pot by his own. This is the representation of Oden's greatest weakness. If Oden had been open about his struggle, he would have (perhaps) been able to take down Kaido before it was to late.

Luffy is the antithesis of Oden, Luffy completely rely on his friends and is only taking on his shoulder his own struggle. but this is what make him win.

Through Luffy, Yamato and Momo's choices, Oda is actually showing that the road to success is actually to do the opposite of what Oden did:

- Stayin in Wano for yamato
- Trusting his firend for Luffy
- Not opening the border for Momo

Wano is greatly written because of that.

And that something most of the fanbase misses.

I don't know why you guys still think Yamato will join unless it's just for the sake of arguing with Logiko.
I mean, isn't that obvious? She can only be the Grand Fleet at best? She was designed for that.
Her devil fruit is literally the guardian of wano like Pell and Chakka, that alone shows where her loyalties lie, right?
Not to mention her height and name is a hard reference for the battleship Yamato, She will definitely will be the one who will open Wano's borders and bring Pluto to where Luffy is. Or if that doesn't happen, one thing I'm sure there will be a scene where She boards the pluton deck, guaranteed.

And few argument against her i rarely seen here

1. She’s a walking talking spoiler, she read oden journal religiously and that alone make robin role obsolete, and she quite loud too, i can see her telling the crew what would the place their visited next would be, maybe useful for strategy but i dont think luffy like to hear that.

2. She’s a running gag killer :
a. We know oda like to potray boys and girls have different interest, with her around the jokes would be dead.
b. With her around the pervert jokes is dead, With Nami and Robin around, Sanji and Brook only get beating and maybe accidental slip or once in thousand chapter when they’re in a good mood they let the boys take a peek and charge them later on. with Yamato on board i can see her let brook show her panties or training topless with zoro or feel weird why sanji want to see and touch man chest but let him anyway. maybe the boys will get beaten up by nami and she slowly teach yamato how to act like a woman but, i dont think Oda would put a joke like that or send that kinda message ( i dont mind tho :p )
c. Her oden persona joke, its boring and borderline mental illness, how many chapter it take for robin to break her cold and calm persona and agree to join ussop stupid idea? imagine how long we supposed to hear this “im kozuki oden” until she stop naturally…

3. let be real, there no way momo will get stronger anytime soon, let alone tama…,so if toki not pull something out of her ass like awaken her fruit somehow and the power is to make someone experience time faster then everybody and make momo train for atleast 2 year, i dont think it would happen. and there no way yamato can catch up with luffy nor luffy gonna come back for wano anyway except kuma have a new job as delivery man for plot sake and start sending people all over the place .( imagine wano act4 :whitepress:)

4. Design wise Yamato is DoA, she’s white in general and wavy too, human and beast form and it clash with Luffy, her ice element clash with brook, her fighting style is basically kaido lite, her weapon is not unique weapon and very common, even alvida use oni club, and her clothing and her name is also very tied to japan, the moment she change her cloth she lose her half of identity.

5. Oda is very rigid in case of how man and woman fight, Most of woman fight long or mid range, even the one who fight close range like boa for example is equiped with long range attack, or if they must its ended up with single blow. Its the man job for slug fest or trade blow for blow until they bleed or broke heavily, with yamato fight style and her last contribution in wano i dont think oda would let her do what zoro and sanji and maybe jimbei do later on.

and i dont even need to touch her story. the only saving grace for her is she is a tomboy and it make good trio for brawn:yamato brain:robin and beauty:nami who lost her tomboyish trait the more story progress.

tldr; yamato wont join :p ( yeah im esl, deal with while i learn more about grammar )

Last edited:
Because the point of this flashback if you look closely, is not Yamato, its Marco and Marco's departure
:luffywat:
I’m sorry bro I think you look to closely and because of that you can’t see the forest from all the trees in front of you. Take a step back. Also I’m done debating to with you. All of your replies lack evidence or substance. It’s just your opinion, no analytical thought in it.
Have fun analyzing your stories. Just don’t try to convince me that Carrot will join, that Yamato won’t join, or that you are a master analyst. Luckily I have my own brain and can make my own conclusions. Actually rereading some chapters made me analyze them better compared to last year. When I was upset that Yamato didn’t join the ship. This time I was calm and didn’t let emotion cloud my judgment. I’m now more than ever convinced that Yamato will join before they go to Laughtale and after they open the Wano borders.

All of your replies lack evidence or substance.
Another word to say "I can't reply"

It’s just your opinion, no analytical thought in it.
No its not my opinion its a storytelling fact. The flashback comes from Marco and ends on Marco. Yamato is just here as Oda to place some more lore, simple as that. that's basic storytelling.

Just don’t try to convince me that Carrot will join, that Yamato won’t join, or that you are a master analyst.
I'm not a master analyst, some are far better than me.

Luckily I have my own brain and can make my own conclusions.
That's something flatearther tends to love saying BTW. (yes a little bit of strawmaning for the fun)

I’m now more than ever convinced that Yamato will join before they go to Laughtale and after they open the Wano borders.
Well, you will get dissapointed again, sorry. And don't blame Oda this time.

But you can’t go to space while Yamato can go offshore
:kayneshrug:

Last edited:
You won't get an apology but I'll acknowledge it. How many more instances do you have to share? Pick one moment not in the heat of life or death battling. I'm sure Yamato made many connection to momo herself without Wuffy orders. She did it right here calling him her son...
So even after the cold hard facts you still basically double down, your credibility is shot.

No it's fine, clearly you are just biased and dismiss the truth in front of you to spout out coping drivel.
If anyone's taking influence it's you bub.
Yamato won't join. She truly was an editors push. She wasn't too strong, oda never changed his mind, this was always the plan. I will be in the waiting room if you want to chat with me on various topics.