Spoiler One Piece Chapter 983 Spoilers Discussion

Who Is Luffy’s Right Hand Man?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Exactly that's the case. Sanjikun is just searching for a reason not to give someone like Ulti, who was supposed to be "weak" compared to the top dogs like Doflamingo and the Commanders, the credits she deserved and that's why he tries to lowball Luffy's CoA, lol.

To be honest, I'm surprised from Ulti's performance. I kept my expectations on Kaido's vets very low but here we are: Ulti powerful enough to almost force Luffy using G4th.
And by the way, that "ShE jUsT gRaSpEd LuFfY aNd ThAt'S wHy He TrIeD tO uSe G4" does not work; Luffy himself admitted that she is very strong even before she caught him. After that headbutt clash, Luffy absolutely took her seriously.

Yes, I definitely underestimated Ulti as well. I thought Who's Who and Sasaki are the only top dogs of the flying six but even Ulti is a powerful individual.
Luffy is faster than her, but she took advantage of when he used a slow attack to beat Page 1. Luffy blitzed hwr in base form.

capturing is a big word.....Luffy captured Katakuri with G3 and went to mirror world.....he was about to go G4 because he saw the powerful attack coming......
regarding adCoA....yes he didn't use it and that is a good question and I wonder why he didn't use it....
Katakuri however knew what was coming and didnt resist because as it was he would have luffy alone in mirror world where he could Capture Luffy without other SHs intervening, would also weaken other SHs and the BMP would capture them easily..... while as we saw if Katakuri wasnted Neither Jinbei could stop him nor Pedro when he was coming to stop Luffy ...
while based on Luffy's reactions of Ulti capturing him and saying How strong grip is, its as if Luffy knew nothing beforehand

Luffy is faster than her, but she took advantage of when he used a slow attack to beat Page 1. Luffy blitzed hwr in base form.
Well, both Luffy and Ulti got good feats.
Luffy when blitzing both Ulti and Page One; potentially taking out Page One with a single Elephant Gun since the latter does not appear anymore during the chapter (debatable).
BASE Ulti when injuring Luffy on a headbutt clash despite the latter using koka on his head. Full zoan Ulti grasping and preparing to attack Luffy with a powerful attack.

Btw, I don't think Luffy tried to use G4th because of Ulti grasping him. I think Luffy saw Ulti's attack in the future and THEN decided to use G4th. Luffy even says "She is very strong. I have to use G4th!" which also indicates that Luffy saw how strong her attack would be.

Luffy when blitzing both Ulti and Page One; potentially taking out Page One with a single Elephant Gun since the latter does not appear anymore during the chapter (debatable).
BASE Ulti when injuring Luffy on a headbutt clash despite the latter using koka on his head. Full zoan Ulti grasping and preparing to attack Luffy with a powerful attack.

Btw, I don't think Luffy tried to use G4th because of Ulti grasping him. I think Luffy saw Ulti's attack in the future and THEN decided to use G4th. Luffy even says "She is very strong. I have to use G4th!" which also indicates that Luffy saw how strong her attack would be.
Even if ulti's attack landed it woulda probably hurt but not enough to do anything significant tbh
Going to g4 can just end it way faster without the risk of talking unnecessary damage

Sanji got a lot in WCI .

He's now the most developed character after Luffy ,the RS , complete what he wanted which was save his family.

The idea of some Sanji fans being mad at WCI Sanji is that they expected mainly fights from the character which only tells us that they don't understand Sanji( fights doesnt make him grow as a character unlike Luffy or Zoro).

Well getting the majority of spotlight after the MC is what Zoro currently has so far mate.
It's just that things are just starting ,Zoro main field as a character is grow in fights ( and this is a war) be patient.

Btw comparing S and Z use by Oda is not clever.
That's true, Sanji got a lot in WCi and by far he is the second most developed character in One Piece, however that just wasn't enough for the premises we had.
We didn't choose to make Sanji harmless in front of Big Mom and the Vinsmokes, being mocked by Pudding and almost leaving the crew. Oda did that and he wasn't good enough to write a decent ending.
Chapter after chapter he was put under more and more pressure, we were all ready for the explosion but nothing really astonishing happened.
He didn't need to kick Katakuri all over Totland but we (Sanji and his fans) deserved far better, a real payoff after suffering with Sanji for the entire arc.

I get that his strength was not the thing Oda wanted to put in the spotlight but it should have been.
Of course a win in a 1 vs 1 fight wouldn't have been enough by itself but just a part of his rebirth.

He knew he didn't have a fight in Zou, in Dressrosa or even in PH. He made his family keep telling him he is a failure, he restrained him with the blackmail thing and Pudding even destroyed his last ray of hope, and what did he do? Nothing, he saved Pound for two panel and his family for 30 chapters if they are dead or imprisoned.

Jinbe was the one who set the alliance with Capone, Luffy was the one who stopped Big Mom on the roof, Pudding was the one who decided to make the cake, Pedro was the one who sacrificed his own life to save them, Luffy was the one who fought and his family was the one who saved Luffy and him.
Any of those decisions is perfectly fine and understandable but why did Oda have to take all of them?
He didn't fought, the cake was not his idea, he didn't even carry it and it didn't have the effect we really wanted and he couldn't even save Luffy alone.
His plan was to take Luffy and fly :whitepress:

And it makes me even angrier to think that WCI would have been such a good arc with some little changes. These may not be the perfect ones or the one i hoped for at that time but they would have been enough even if they are the first ideas that happened to cross my mind in this moment:
1) The Shy Type vs Oven to save Chiffon --> 2 chapters of fighting on Cacao Island, Sanji defeats him and goes with the others
2) the cake makes Big Mom faint for a bit more so that she doesn't reach Cacao Island so soon
3) Sanji finds a way to communicate with Luffy and tells him to use Brulee to disguise himself as Katakuri thanks to her powers
4) the Germa Kingdom saves the Sunny and not Luffy and Sanji but Sanji saves Judge from Daifuku in the same way he did at the end of the arc on the Sunny

Perfect? No.
Far better? Yes

DAE just get that 'next nakama' vibe from this?

I dunno, something about this really hasn't made me felt this way since Jinbe back in Impel Down, unique design and everything. Maybe I'm crazy, but I just feel that this is the ONLY Wano character, even through a singular chapter, that has felt like they could potentially be something different from Zoro, fighting style/strength and all.

The mask and chains lead me to believe he probably has some sort of tragic backstory too.

I just feel like a massive payoff from the lack of new nakama is coming, and it wont just be a celebration of Jinbe joining.

You're kind of right, but if ulti is giving luffy this much trouble it makes you think that luffy can't take down king let alone kaido

Seth

𝐊𝐨𝐤𝐮𝐭𝐨 𝐒𝐡𝐮𝐬𝐮𝐢
Monday spoilers are OP. This week ( I mean after Sunday ) we will not have a chapter but immediately after next Sunday, we will get next chapter spoilers. Pogg.

:pepelit::pepehands:

Status
Not open for further replies.