Powers & Abilities Debunking Literally Every Argument Against Ryokugyu’s Black Blade UPDATE: Confirmed! 09/04/2024

Does Ryokugyu Have A Black Blade?

• Total voters
What shit did they get right? Queen’s hair color? Lol

So you’ve shown one thing they got right while we’ve shown 37 things they’ve got wrong in Wano alone, and you’re asking me to trust the animation studio who saw King’s black wings and thought they were white
We are not doing this, Lee.
You're not going to sit there and act like the anime gets everything wrong, because we both know that's so far from the truth it's actually comedic.

Everything besides the manga is non-canon, yet you and others are trying to use the anime for your own points too. To me, both sides are fighting a pointless battle until it’s confirmed either way.

I don’t get why y’all are so hung up on the black blade business, but nothing besides the manga or Oda himself would prove it either way. And even Oda makes mistakes or can change his mind.
I didn’t believe that it was a black blade and thought it was some kinda bokuto made with Aramaki’s powers. It is drawn as black in the manga, so I can see why people would believe it is so…and also why people like myself would doubt it as well. Ambiguous crap is something Oda is notorious for.

It makes no difference either way, so I think it’s pointless to get so stressed over it (unless you consider it important of course, then you do you).
If you consider the anime non canon, then alright, but my point is Lee's just being a hypocrite who thinks what ever supports his agenda is canon and what ever doesn't support it is non canon, which is an incredibly braindead approach.

Elder Lee Hung

Conqueror of the Stars
We are not doing this, Lee.
You're not going to sit there and act like the anime gets everything wrong, because we both know that's so far from the truth it's actually comedic.
The anime gets more shit wrong than they get right dude. Literally I think every scene I see from them in this day and age is just wrong. They are just 100% incorrect. Ever since FuckUp animation took over in EL the anime has wavered in quality but dear lord in its current state it is just unwatchable. I think SpongeBob SquarePants employs better animators than the people employed by Fuckup animation.

No, because he didn’t even use the thing. It makes no difference if it’s a normal sword or black blade because black blades don’t even matter. Roger & WB were doing just fine without. We simply haven’t seen it make a substantial difference.
There are only 2 black blades that we know of, and it is clearly tied to Haki. Forging a black blade is actually THE most unique Haki feat in the series and anyone who can do it would have monstrous Haki even by top tier standards.

I don't see how do they not matter.

Queen Hair colour
King wings colour
Shanks arm

This has nothing to do with Powers.
Oda already confirmed there's no power difference in shanks with one arm or two arms.

But a black Blade makes massive Difference in power level.
No way Anime Crew Fucked it up , well knowing what a Black blade is.
Exactly, all this about them getting Mihawk's eyes wrong and what not, but tell me, did they get his BLACK BLADE wrong?
No, they didn't, because that shit's incredibly important.
They're always on point with stuff like that.
And then these clowns claim the anime is full of Yonko wankers which is why they made the blade white, but we literally see them add scenes like Issho catching Doflamingo's Parasite string and prolonging Akainu's fight with Whitebeard when in the manga they both used two attacks and were done with eachother.

- A black blade in a black and white manga that can be any color in a colored anime. Queen's hair black in manga, blonde in anime. Another sword black in manga and red in anime.

- The blade was colored black in a black and white manga but it was never confirmed to be a "black blade" like Mihawk's.

- The official animation of the series coloring the blade "silver" while it was black in the manga for a reason and most likely after asking Oda like for Queen's hair.

- Certain fans: the official animation is not canon, it does a lot of mistakes and it's not reliable, Toei is not official, look at that figurine with the sword in black that was never confirmed to be a black blade.

Elder Lee Hung

Conqueror of the Stars
Exactly, all this about them getting Mihawk's eyes wrong and what not, but tell me, did they get his BLACK BLADE wrong?
No, they didn't, because that shit's incredibly important.
As opposed to Mihawk’s eyes which are completely unimportant. Not like he has an epithet relating to his eyes or the same eyes as Imu, I mean who gives a fuck about Mihawk’s eyes. Lmfao

It’s pretty hard to fuck up the color of Mihawk’s sword when Mihawk actually verbally states the color of his sword in his introduction. I doubt even Toei could fuck that up.

The anime gets more shit wrong than they get right dude. Literally I think every scene I see from them in this day and age is just wrong. They are just 100% incorrect. Ever since FuckUp animation took over in EL the anime has wavered in quality but dear lord in its current state it is just unwatchable. I think SpongeBob SquarePants employs better animators than the people employed by Fuckup animation.
This is really just fucking sad to read, man.
Like it's absolutely pathetic to see you doing this shit, it shows that you have no faith in your self and that you can't even be consistent with anything that you say.
Before this episode, you kept saying that the anime would prove you right, and that he did have a black blade.
Now you're claiming they're frauds and fuckups because they gave him a white blade.
Give it a rest already, you're just being a sore loser at this point, and it's so unfathomably sad to see this shit ass behavior from Admiral goons that I legitimately want to cry out of pity sometimes.

As opposed to Mihawk’s eyes which are completely unimportant. Not like he has an epithet relating to his eyes or the same eyes as Imu, I mean who gives a fuck about Mihawk’s eyes. Lmfao

It’s pretty hard to fuck up the color of Mihawk’s sword when Mihawk actually verbally states the color of his sword in his introduction. I doubt even Toei could fuck that up.
With Mihawk's eyes, they're not even important due to the color of them, but because of how good they are at seeing things, his Observation being really good and all that.
With Aramaki's blade, it's color is INCREDIBLY important, as Oda loves to wank black blades.
Despite that, they STILL made it white, wonder why..

Elder Lee Hung

Conqueror of the Stars
The blade was colored black in a black and white manga but it was never confirmed to be a "black blade" like Mihawk's.
Can you provide an example of Oda coloring a sword black when it was supposed to be some other color? Like can you show a sword that Oda colored black when it was red or green in actuality?

As far as we know, there are silver blades and black blades in OP. There are no other colors. Oda colors silver blades white and black blades black, with zero variation. Oda has never before colored a silver blade black but you’re claiming he has done so now.

C

Cruxroux

You think people at toei don't read one piece or have no clue about one piece is?

And simply animate what they are given?

Like think yourself. Even if they briefly follow one piece , they know how important Black blades are.
No way they didn't question it themselve to confirm it.

Oda saw it himself and Didn't said a single word.

Ryokugyu never actually uses a sword. Its always DF based stuff.
Against Revolutionary, He can't give AoE attacks.

So what's the thing they can use to kill people swiftly in low area required and less damage to surrounding?
Use a fuckin weapon and get up close.

But no , this clone decides to all giant tree mode.
He may wield a sword , but he's sword skills is probably even worse than helmeppo.

Let alone black blade i would be surprised if he can even coat weapons with Haki.

Can you provide an example of Oda coloring a sword black when it was supposed to be some other color? Like can you show a sword that Oda colored black when it was red or green in actuality?

As far as we know, there are silver blades and black blades in OP. There are no other colors. Oda colors silver blades white and black blades black, with zero variation. Oda has never before colored a silver blade black but you’re claiming he has done so now.

If you consider the anime non canon, then alright, but my point is Lee's just being a hypocrite who thinks what ever supports his agenda is canon and what ever doesn't support it is non canon, which is an incredibly braindead approach.
The same goes both ways for those trying to cling to the anime. That’s precisely why I called out both sides. It’s just hypocritical to say whatever supports you is canon and what doesn’t is not.

Regardless of what any other sources say, it is painted black in the manga. That does not automatically mean it is black or not…so trying to demand certainty until the manga confirms is just pointless.
It wouldn’t be the first time that Oda has been messy about something in the manga.

- A black blade in a black and white manga that can be any color in a colored anime. Queen's hair black in manga, blonde in anime.
1. Nope. No sword has EVER been miscolored in the manga

2.Clothes and hair being other colors has nothing to do with swords, because swords in the manga can only be 2 colors: silver and black
And them being black ACTUALLY matters and is important unlike your hair color cope.

3. Even if we go with your "miscolored" cope.
The sword still has HAKI TEETH, that only appear after the sword is coated with haki:

No amount miscoloring makes haki teeth appear on the sword, schizo

Another sword black in manga and red in anime.
post the sword
never heard of red sword

- The blade was colored black in a black and white manga but it was never confirmed to be a "black blade" like Mihawk's.
Almost as if Aramaki never took out and used the sword so the story never needed to emphasize the sword

Was Mihawk's blade not black before this panel? You needed this sword's color spelled out for you by Mihawk? Your vision sense is that incapable of seeing black color?

- Certain fans: the official animation is not canon, it does a lot of mistakes and it's not reliable, Toei is not official, look at that figurine with the sword in black that was never confirmed to be a black blade.
Yeah?

Look how they managed to fuck up Katakuri's spear, they were lucky enough to notice that and fix it months before he appeared in the anime, which shows they are incapable of replicating weapons from the manga correctly, let alone to get their color right.