Spoiler One Piece Chapter 1097 Spoilers Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s really not. Like that’s just how our body works.
Skin pigmentation that causes skin color and even freckles is all from the hormone melanin. And other hormones tell amino acids how to work together to create texture look and color of hair follicles.

Like the entire human body is designed based on how your hormones are produced and programmed.
Melanin isn't a hormone but I see what you mean. Hormones are messengers of the DNA, so they define and alter the body following its orders. That's fair. However, here we're talking about Ginney being physically altered for decades unless I got something wrong.

Despite Ivankov's powers being well into the realm of suspension of disbelief and well beyond what real life hormone changes can achieve in the human body, unless he can alter someone's DNA, his changes are still temporary.

Overtime the DNA will correct whatever changes Ivankov made through new hormones carrying the original orders once again.

I really liked the chapter man. So glad that Oda showed us many events in Kuma’s life. Ginny was great as well. I really like the way Oda is showing Kuma and his sacrifice. Glad we got a bit about his DF as well. It was a wonderful chapter to read.
I wonder who kidnapped Ginny. Wasn’t she the East Blue commander? Maybe crocodile kidnapped her? And we get Ivankov Crocodile incident here? Can’t wait for the next chapter man

Melanin isn't a hormone but I see what you mean. Hormones are messengers of the DNA, so they define and alter the body following its orders. That's fair. However, here we're talking about Ginney being physically altered for decades unless I got something wrong.

Despite Ivankov's powers being well into the realm of suspension of disbelief and well beyond what real life hormone changes can achieve in the human body, unless he can alter someone's DNA, his changes are still temporary.

Overtime the DNA will correct whatever changes Ivankov made through new hormones carrying the original orders once again.
I get what you mean but Iva powers are weird. Gender is an DNA dependent factor And from what we’ve seen, Iva’s powers completely changed their genders permanently. No constant estrogen or testosterone shots, with absolutely no proof of having a previous gender.

Iva is the miracle worker. I feel they can literally do anything to the human body with her power

One of the best chapters ever, by the looks of it, a lot of info on the origins of the Revolutionary army, a very heart wrenching build up to what's obviously going to lead to a tragedy. Love Kuma's design. Wondering if Akainu was the unexpected enemy, would make sense as he kept saying dragon's son with disgust in Marineford arc.

If all this flashback culminates in the Revolutionary army (with Dragon and Sabo) all landing on Egghead in full force, this arc will be goated!

I'm enjoying the Kuma flashback. Pretty neat and fitting given Bonney's relevance to Egghead and by proxy, Kuma's importance. He'll likely arrive soon and at least have a final goodbye to Bonney and get to see the Sun God Nika in action.

As we get more info, it honestly seems like Iva was Dragon's former number 2. I assumed it was Kuma off of his apparent closeness to Dragon since he knew Luffy was his son and while that still holds up, Iva was straight-up his first comrade it seems (and even called a pillar to the group before Kuma joined) then Kuma and Ginny followed. They're the original trio that formed the Revolutionary Army but perhaps I've been overestimating Kuma's relationship to Dragon in comparison to Iva's, regardless Kuma and Iva were Dragon's first two major subordinates. That aside, I hope we see much more of Dragon and Iva soon.

Kuma's pretty boss. Taking a whole village's pain regularly and being up in time to do it again. Really kind of him and Oda's done well to establish him as a previously cheerful and caring person. His interactions with Ginny seem nice like him being hesitant to marry her in feiar that something bad could come of it.

Dragon being a former Marine is pretty amazing. Interesting that Garp managed to have him on that path at least initially (or that he himself thought it would be a good idea) before he found out for himself that they're a flawed group that is restricted in the amount of good they can do. I'd love to hear Dragon's thoughts on Fujitora. At this point I've stopped expecting Fuji to go all out against an ally of Luffy's once the final war goes down considering he's courageous enough to help slaves while stationed with Aramaki at Mariejois.

Hopefully when the time comes, we get a detailed Dragon backstory like this showing us his time in the Navy, what moment made him call it quits, his meeting with Ivankov, Luffy's mom and his relationship with Garp. I look forward to Luffy and Dragon's meeting (so does Dragon based on his words for his son whenever he comments on him, like when he saw him at Log Town or after his bounty increase). The Revolutionary Army will probably end up pretty good allies with the Straw Hats given Luffy's actions and role as a liberator (plus Sun God role might end up as decent propaganda like Flame Emperor though I guess more credible).
Post automatically merged:

I wouldn't mind another chapter or two of this flashback, depending on how many pages the next ones are. The action at Egghead isn't going anywhere. Saturn's a huge threat, Kizaru may still pose a problem, Lucci still has to be cut down and there are all those Vice Admirals. It's shaping up to be a pretty good climax though hopefully Oda does the fights justice.

Hope we get three four more chapters of this flashback. It’s been very enjoyable read so far. The tragedy of Kuma agreeing to be WG’s dog, maybe Ginny’s death, him losing his consciousness is gonna be tragic
I just keep imagining that Kuma was happy to forego his memories because of all the pain and suffering he has had to endure his entire life and the final nail in the coffin for him being the loss of his beloved partner.

Also, Ginny is a really cool character. A lot more likeable than Bonney lol

Status
Not open for further replies.