Who will be the Next Strawhat?

• Total voters
but literally no non-strawhats have it
Besides Law, besides VIvi, Besides Rebecca.
Like I said, you are focusing on a parameter that is only a consequence of the way the flashback are made. This is not a parameter that is relevant to the characterization of the strawhat, its just important for the characterization of the Character. And that's fall either under the parameter "tragedy" or the parameter "strong character arc"./

that's way more important than a "shining nakama"
Says what evidences in the story ?

I like to point out that Kuma checks the Glowing friendship activity. As friendship is not just about spending time with each other but to be there when needed. And then that friendship glows.
Kuma was there for Luffy and co on Sabaody archipelago and saved them from the glowing man. Without him out-glowing Kizaru they would have been stopped right there. And this gives Kuma his last pillar and 100%
:myman:

CoC: Color of Clowns

Science(Knowledge) + God(Light) = Truth
Vivi also didn't have a sad backstory btw, just saying:jordanmf:
Vivi and Carrot are the two outliers in the series in that we see their tragic backstories in real time.

Both characters were helpless to oppose a pirate force that had invaded their countries. Both characters attended an international gathering full of influential and powerful people, where their mentors died (Cobra at Reverie, Pedro at Tea Party) to help a ASL brother (Cobra helping Sabo escape, Pedro helping Luffy escape).

Both their mentors were connected to the Void Century, and were connected to Poneglyphs, with Cobra safeguarding one, and Pedro safeguarding one and hunting them down.

When we arrive at Vivi and Carrot's kingdoms, both are at war with pirate groups. Both characters ride animals that traverse their enviroments unaturally (Karoo is a bird who can't fly and instead runs very fast, while Zunesha is an elephant that spends all of its life in the ocean, rather than land).

Every other Straw Hat has had a significant mentor death, besides Luffy, who's tragic backstory is literally the pre time skip, where he is separated from his crew cruelly, and then watches his brother and mentor, Ace, die in front of him. Sabo doesn't count here because he's still alive.

This is why Vivi and Carrot did not join the crew; Vivi needed to have her tragic backstory unfold in Reverie, and Carrot needs to come to terms with Pedro's death and legacy before she joins.

Wouldn't be surprised if Zou showed up at Egghead, honestly. We know that Zunesha can hear the Drums of Liberation, and the voice of Luffy (even Zunesha can't obey it). Zunesha is supposed to follow some direct orders, but, we still don't know what they are. Judging off of Wano, I assume Zunesha's orders are to protect and aid Joy Boy.

Imagine Zunesha and the Ancient Robot meet and are like "ayeeeee, bro, it's been a long time, how you doing fam???"

Besides Law, besides VIvi, Besides Rebecca.
Like I said, you are focusing on a parameter that is only a consequence of the way the flashback are made. This is not a parameter that is relevant to the characterization of the strawhat, its just important for the characterization of the Character. And that's fall either under the parameter "tragedy" or the parameter "strong character arc"./

Says what evidences in the story ?
Nah, Law's flashback didn't establish a dream and Rebecca didn't have a flashback, she was just part of Kyros' flashback, and it also didn't establish a dream. You can't deny the importance of this.

I posted many times about the evidence for Kuma in the story, go back and read those posts if you want. I will say though, "Nika will take you out to sea" is extremely blatant.

-
Nah, Law's flashback didn't establish a dream and Rebecca didn't have a flashback, she was just part of Kyros' flashback, and it also didn't establish a dream. You can't deny the importance of this.
Ok. Fair. But the dream/desire is already something that is in the parameters. There is no point having it two times.

I posted many times about the evidence for Kuma in the story, go back and read those posts if you want. I will say though, "Nika will take you out to sea" is extremely blatant
But this is not a desire/dream this is a promise.

It could be a desire (to encounter Nika) for Bonney, but nothing tells us that this is Kuma's desire.

-

Ok. Fair. But the dream/desire is already something that is in the parameters. There is no point having it two times.

But this is not a desire/dream this is a promise.

It could be a desire (to encounter Nika) for Bonney, but nothing tells us that this is Kuma's desire.
The dream and the flashback may be seperate things, but the dream being set up in their childhood flashback establishes it as a much more central part of their character. It shows that this dream has always been a part of who they are. You can really see the difference in impact between Sanji's heartfelt dream of reaching all blue that he's held in his heart his entire life, and Carrot's new potential dream to see the dawn, something she didn't know existed until a few days ago. Only Strawhats have recieved that treatment.

The childhood promise that Nika will take him out to sea is not the dream, it's just supplementary. To be a hero like Nika is Kuma's dream. This clearly means primarily to liberate all the slaves, judging by his image of Nika.

Also, you say only 11 characters have actually performed their post on the Sunny, but it's actually 12. Ship guard has been an established role since east blue, and Kuma performed it on the Sunny for two entire years, at great personal cost.

By any metric, he has more quintessential strawhat qualities than any of the other candidates people are discussing.

Sanji's heartfelt dream of reaching all blue that he's held in his heart his entire life, and Carrot's new potential dream to see the dawn
But Carrot doesn't have a dream or at least not a real one. That's the point, she doesn't have a desire beside adventure. So of course the dream of Sanji is stronger.

Only Strawhats have recieved that treatment.
No. Yamato, Pedro and Momo did too.

To be a hero like Nika is Kuma's dream.
Indeed, this was confirmed this chapter. I'll therefore change that.

Also, you say only 11 characters have actually performed their post on the Sunny, but it's actually 12. Ship guard has been an established role since east blue, and Kuma performed it on the Sunny for two entire years, at great personal cost.
Sorry but for the strawhat, this is not a viable post. Being shipguard would means missing the action. Its therefore not a job that could fit the Sunny.

Now.

I was thinking about this for a long time:

The need all important it is, is too dependable to interpretation at this stage of the story (All the strawhats have one, but researching the need in other character is quite inequal). And I agree with you that the strong desire (what you call the dream) is something that is actually less common. So I will erease the need from the Pillar. Which will only let the dream. I will put the dream above the double Nakama link (and not above the post).

That should give us something like that:

1. The Antagonistic introduction. 3%
  2. The Multi layered characterization. 5%
  3. The Symbolic reach. 8%
  4. A Strong character arc. 9%
  5. The Rescue. 10%
  6. A Tragedy. 11%
  7. The Double Nakama link. 12%
  8. The Dream 13%
  9. The Post. 14%
  10. The Shining Nakama Action. 15%

In that case for Kuma:
  1. The Antagonistic introduction. 3% Check 3%
  2. The Multi layered characterization. 5% Check 5%
  3. The Symbolic reach. 8% Check 8%
  4. A Strong character arc. 9% Check 9%
  5. The Rescue. 10% None 0%
  6. A Tragedy. 11% Check 11%
  7. The Double Nakama link. 12% 1/2 6%
  8. The Dream 13% Check 13%
  9. The Post. 14% None 0%
  10. The Shining Nakama Action. 15% None 0%
Kuma's new score is: 55% and 84% if you integrate the post and the SNA which is again not viable for the Sunny

For Carrot it should be lower:
  1. The Antagonistic introduction. 3% Check 3%
  2. The Multi layered characterization. 5% Check 5%
  3. The Symbolic reach. 8% Check 8%
  4. A Strong character arc. 9% Half 4%
  5. The Rescue. 10% None 0%
  6. A Tragedy. 11% Check 11%
  7. The Double Nakama link. 12% Half 6%
  8. The Dream 13% Only the desire for adventure so I will say half here 6%
  9. The Post. 14% Check
  10. The Shining Nakama Action. 15% Check 15%
Funny.. its the same 72% for Carrot