Who will be the Next Strawhat?

• Total voters
Uh, maybe because he's literally the God that she worships and she was raised from childhood to see him as the great liberator of the world instead of the revos? Jesus Christ, is this the current state of anti Bonney cope? This is up there with C4N's greatest hits in terms of delusion. I'll listen to legit arguments against her joining the crew, which do exist, but yikes, just say you don't want her to join, we all know you don't even believe what you posted.
The only cope or delusion I see here are from people who actually still think we’re gonna get any more SHs before the epilogue. I thought we would have all learned our lessons from Wano but I guess you‘re one of those who haven’t.

Every single fucking week since Egghead started, there’s been a new Nakama candidate that people on here start raving about. Be it Smoker, Bonny, Vegapunk, Stussy, Kizaru, and now Kuma. And every single fucking time it’s fizzled out.

And now you’re gonna come up to me and attack me personally by calling me delusional for what exactly? For seeing the same fucking pattern every week? Come on Sigran.

The only cope or delusion I see here are from people who actually still think we’re gonna get any more SHs before the epilogue. I thought we would have all learned our lessons from Wano but I guess you‘re one of those who haven’t.

Every single fucking week since Egghead started, there’s been a new Nakama candidate that people on here start raving about. Be it Smoker, Bonny, Vegapunk, Stussy, Kizaru, and now Kuma. And every single fucking time it’s fizzled out.

And now you’re gonna come up to me and attack me personally by calling me delusional for what exactly? For seeing the same fucking pattern every week? Come on Sigran.
You're just being subjective here actually, in a negative way.
Cope in itself. We don't know whether or not we will get another member or not until it's all over.

How does a chapter about Kuma's past, which was always going to involve the Revs, impact Bonney?
Seeing how Bonney is either a clone of Ginny, Ginny with her memory erased, or connected to Ginny’s death somehow

Bonneys taking Ginny’s role in the Revs. Especially since the current East Blue commander wasn’t in Mariejoa with every other, but Bonney was really points to this to

Seeing how Bonney is either a clone of Ginny, Ginny with her memory erased, or connected to Ginny’s death somehow

Bonneys taking Ginny’s role in the Revs. Especially since the current East Blue commander wasn’t in Mariejoa with every other, but Bonney was really points to this to

So your arguing point is that because Bonney is Ginny or a clone of Ginny, she'd just slot into the Revs? Focusing on the clone section, hasn't a big point of this arc been that clones and their originals aren't particularly alike?

Bonney is most likely a clone. it would fit the thematic of the arc.

- Stussy is a clone
- Vegapunks are clones
- Seraphims are clones
And now..
- Bonney is most likely a clone

Oda will tell us something with this.

Granted I was a bit agressive, but if you're honestly telling me you can't see any reason Bonney would join the strawhats instead of the revos after these last 3 chapters, that's cope. If you just said "I don't see Bonney joining" I would have said "to each their own". If you had said what you just said now, I'd have told you why I believe differently. But that statement is just so obviously untrue, it could only be a lie someone tells themselves to try and convince themselves she's not joining.

That said, I apologize for reacting that way. It just cuaght me off guard because you're usually so reasonable. I consider you a friend, and I don't want any beef with you. My bad.

Last edited:
Just because Stussys a clone doesn’t mean everyone’s a clone.

It adds nothing to Bonneys character to be a clone. And makes kuma look super creepy
This is not what I said, I'm talking about arc thematic here. And I find this very interesting, that's all.

What the actual fuck is this?
> The character wants to follow Luffy
< Luffy wants the character to follow them or invite them

The arc is not about cloning. That’s like saying WCI was about cloning. It’s just featuring a clone.
Did I say that it was about cloning ? No.
What I say is that cloning might be a way to get to the point of thematic of the arc.

And as you are talking about Whole cake, was food the thematic of Whole cake ? No. The thematic was a reflexion on parenting, the way a child react to toxicity and accepting to rely on others (non exhaustive)

What if kuma is split into different bodies like vegapunks satellites. That or even have his brain/fruit/memories transferred into one of the existing satellites like Lilith. We know that they don’t need to sleep or even eat so that would be convenient for someone guard

As for why Lilith out of the existing satellites
  1. She’s one of the most likely Vegapunks to survive this arc. Including even the main Stella
  2. She’s excited to leave egghead

Also zonji’s theory that they’re also tied to Ginny
“If Bonney is a Ginny clone, Then my theory about Bonney, Atlas, Lillith, York are Ginny clone are gonna be true:crazwhat:

- Lillith got the same body, same short hair if we exclude her half hair covering her face, And same Madness like Teen Ginny, but Lillith shooting ability might come from Young adult Ginny days when she was in Revos/Freedom army
- Atlas got the same hair and eyes, a genius hacking ability just like Young Ginny
- York got the freckles face, and same hair but with long hair, same appetite like Teen Ginny but a body of young adult Ginny
- While Bonney is the most perfect clone of her ( except her hacking ability i think )

still there is a possibility of Kuma and Ginny being Bonney's biological parent, but if Ginny got kidnap and die ( I'm sad already T_T).
Then a possibility about Bonney being a Ginny's clone is much closer than being Kuma's bilogical daughter ( plus Dragon told him that Kuma making a right decision with him joining the Revo/Freedom Army, but if joining the Revo/Freedom army resulting Ginny death and Making Kuma mad and sad, then for compensate it Dragon might ask Vega's help to clone Ginny )”
- @GranmasterChef Zonji

That's quite the logical leap. Just because Bonney is related to Ginny doesn't mean she's going to take the exact same role. I guess Stussy is required to fuck Weevil too. Belo Betty took that position and there's no reason to think she's going anywhere.

Exactly.
Tom > Franky
Ohara > Robin
Rumbar > Brook
Fisher Tiger/Otohime > Jinbe

Younger in term of passage of torch.

This was not your statement. Your statement was "Carrot is not interested in the past of Pedro", the fact that she doesn't know something doesn't mean she is not interested in it.

The flashback of Kuma started three chapter ago.

He didn't garded the ship, he saved the crew.

Symbolic reach + Post + Shining Nakama action
Not exactly. All of those examples of torch passing were done in flashbacks. Pedro, alive or dead, passing the torch to Carrot in present time is not like the other crewmates. You know this. Also we don't know the age difference between Yorki and Brook to determine Yorki passing the torch to Brook as a younger generation.

I stated Carrot has not shown any inclination to learn about Pedro's past. The fact it has not been shown doesn't make it true NOR false. But it shows a lack of interest on Oda's part to expand.

We have been learning about Kuma's character at Sabaody, Marineford, and Egghead. Bonney and the audience saw some of Kuma's memories before the Flashback 3 chapters ago.

Pedro protected the ship and the crew. Both can be true.

What is Symbolic Reach? It sounds like you are reaching to give Carrot more meaning than was actually represented.

Not exactly. All of those examples of torch passing were done in flashbacks. Pedro, alive or dead, passing the torch to Carrot in present time is not like the other crewmates
Flashbacks are just a tool. So yes, its the same.

You know this. Also we don't know the age difference between Yorki and Brook to determine Yorki passing the torch to Brook as a younger generation.
Maybe the term younger is the the most suited for that, more like the "next"

I stated Carrot has not shown any inclination to learn about Pedro's past. The fact it has not been shown doesn't make it true NOR false. But it shows a lack of interest on Oda's part to expand.
Unless you know the end of the story, this is something that is impossible to state

We have been learning about Kuma's character at Sabaody, Marineford, and Egghead. Bonney and the audience saw some of Kuma's memories before the Flashback 3 chapters ago.
And yet, the real flashback only started a few chapters ago.
What is Symbolic Reach? It sounds like you are reaching to give Carrot more meaning than was actually represented.
The symbolic reach is all the symbolism behhind a specific character:

- A negative reputation which anchors the character in a marginal position while creating a contrast with his personnality and his actions

- A thematic incarnation that adds weight to the character's desires and is a reminder serving the main character: Luffy. This incarnation is highlighted thanks to the actions and the character's personnality traits (Sacrfice / Pride / Wonder / Honor etc.)

- An animal alter-Ego which allows to better characterize the character. They are most often shown in the color pages. They can also vary from time to time.

- A cultural inspiration that makes the character resonate beyond his narrative barriers and gives the story a legendary echo. This was probably done by Oda in order to twist the expectation concerning the characters or to make their respective arc even more impactfull.

@Logiko , out of interest, why do you not consider Kuma's saving every SH as a shining nakama whatever on your scale?
I actually consider it a shining Nakama action. It has all the prerequisite. The problem is that I don't consider the post as viable. And for a Shining Nakama action to be confirmed, the post must be confirmed as well. But Like I said, if we consider the post and the SNA for Kuma, he will be at 82%