Spoiler One Piece Chapter 1098 Spoilers Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dragon fans how do you feel right now your boy did nothing and let this massive blunder happen?:risicheck:

Imagine if any Commander of a Yonko got treated like that they would march up to the Holy Land and pull a Fisher Tiger. Even in flashback, those Dragon Ls won’t stop coming.

Also shame on anyone for saying Kuma should just leave Bonney there. That’s not him this dude would take the suffering of a whole village just to make elderly people happy. He is HIM for doing what he did for Bonney. And he clearly loved Ginny too, so of course he would love Bonney.
Im hoping this is a Koby situation where one chapter he looks really bad and I almost dropped him but the next chapter he beat the fraud allegations.

This is one of the reasons why I like Fujitora so much. The dude is actively destroying the WG system. He is not a saint but his justice dictates that he hold criticism for his own organisation as well as the pirates who have been oppressing innocents.
He's definitely doing more than Garp and Sengoku ever did. Aokiji didn't like that system either but he chose to run away from his responsibilities which I don't like unless he's secretly a spy of Akainu. But Fujitora proves yet again why he is the best.

Well to me I already see a problem within the story already being Dragon and Kuma’s incompetence

I made a post already about this but just replace the revs in this situation with any other group… Replace Ginny with Smoothie and Dragon and Kuma with Big mom and Katakuri… There is no world in which this plays out the same way in this situation… and yes I know Big mom doesn’t care about her kids but Katakuri does… and big mom wouldn’t take the disrespect of having her kids enslaved

if you want to say the Revs were too weak by that time to compare to the Big mom pirates, then take the Pre time skip strawhats here… Replace Ginny with Nami, and Dragon and Kuma with Luffy and Zoro… Again this wouldn’t play out like this

This is what I mean by the darkness not matching the rest of the story…you can argue that Dragon is different from Big mom and Luffy and Dragon is a darker more serious guy than those two and makes more calculated decisions and couldn’t risk his men on a rescue

that’s all true. That’s the Dark and edgy reason Dragon has for this situation… Now problem is that when the Flashback ends and we are no longer in Dark and Edgy land, WE LIKE THAT LUFFY WOULD STORM MARIEJOIS… the rest of the story rewards Luffy for not being dark and edgy… The rest of the story wants Luffy to not make calculated decisions and just go wild

So I’m left with the feeling that Dragon is just a bum. You can justify his actions within this dark and edgy flashback but this isn’t what the actual story is. In the real story, HELL NO… Dragon is just a bum
I knew I forgot something when I hit post. I agree that this is not a good look for Dragon and the Rev's especially in contrast to Luffy and crew. We are used to and expect to see Luffy's no fucks given approach to anyone wronging those he cares for. Him punching Charloss in the face is always going to be a truly cathartic moment in the series.

Now I am waiting for more info before passing judgement on Dragon. I feel like it's more that they did not have the information to launch a rescue than a lack of willingness. But really until we get more info it's just as likely that Dragon really went no. But I think he is supposed to be contrasted with Luffy in this respect.

We all know if Luffy did this he would be rewarded for it, perks of being the MC. But it also highlights why Oda will have Luffy succeed where others fail. Because he acts different. Because he would storm Mariejois without a thought for if it would kill him and his entire crew. He was ready to do so for Vivi and only didn't because Zoro managed to talk him out of it somehow.

I agree that in some ways that makes Dragon look bad. But I think to an extent it is supposed to. Because Luffy is the reason things will change in this world. It's Luffy's actions that will make a difference. If Dragon acted the same and nothing changed and then Luffy came along and everything did change it would be the worst case of plot armour ever. At least this way it doesn't look so blatant.

That being said if Bonney meets Dragon and their is no acknowledgement of a mistake or a regret on his part then he really would be a bum regardless of the context of the flashback. It is true that the actions in the flashback whilst working to support the narrative are the antithesis of every thing in the current time line of the story. I think it adds extra depth to the world and characters like Dragon. Even if I don't like his actions. Or lack of action.

If Dragon shows up and kills Saturn then its ok, or if he kills an admiral or 2 in the flashback otherwise he really is incomptent by comparison. He needs a big feat.
He'll probably not even appear again in this flashback if Kuma has already left to become a king.

We'll have to wait for Dragon's flashback in 4 or 5 years.

If Dragon shows up and kills Saturn then its ok, or if he kills an admiral or 2 in the flashback otherwise he really is incomptent by comparison. He needs a big feat.
I think that job needs to be done by Luffy.
He is literally the liberator and Kuma looks up to him (as per Nika). Plus, it's so blatantly obvious Luffy's gonna do much more to damage the WG than Dragon will ever do, for example by beating their leader.

Status
Not open for further replies.