Chapter Discussion One Piece chapter 983: Thunder

rate:

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think this chapter confirms Ulti has both Observation and Armament. She immediately knew Luffy was very dangerous and sensed his haki. I know Luffy speedblitz her but hey, it's Luffy. Kaido also speedblitz Luffy in that sense. His speed is just way superior for Ulti's observation to catch up and react.
Anyway, it's really nice to finally see a BP member being shown to use haki. Ulti is the first one in BP that's displayed to have haki besides Kaido. More reason why she's just Best Girl:cheers:

I'm most curious about how long Yamato's been waiting for Luffy. He says it's been a long time. Is that:

-him believing that Luffy is the next Joy Boy and has been waiting for him since before Luffy was even born/since he was very young? That would require Yamato being assosciated with someone from Roger's ship- Oden obvisouly being the best bet- or Whitebeard at a push
-pre-skip? EL and the Saobody to Marineford stretch were both considered times where Luffy challenged the world to a fight, would he have caught his attention then?
-post-skip? This would require the "waiting a long time" bit to be a bit of an exaggeration
-does he know someone like Shanks, Ace, Garp or Dragon? Could they have told Yamato about Luffy some time in the past? We know Ace has been on Wano, could have been then. Maybe Yamato was with Kaido on one of his suicide attacks and ran into Garp or Shanks? Can't really see much chance of it being Dragon tbh.

I lean towards Yamato waiting for him because of either something he learned from Oden, or because he met Ace when Ace was in Wano, but there's quite a few ways this can go.
There are only two instances that I think Yamato would have learned of Luffy and been encouraged to wait for him. Marineford, which is when Luffy became famous the world over (as it was broadcast around the world...he was famous before, but not to that level), and post Dressrosa, which was the first sure-fire declaration that Luffy was coming for Kaido’s head. I’d say the former, because Marineford was more impactful and the emphasis was put on Luffy and his future, but it’s probably a mix of both.

I think this chapter confirms Ulti has both Observation and Armament. She immediately knew Luffy was very dangerous and sensed his haki. I know Luffy speedblitz her but hey, it's Luffy. Kaido also speedblitz Luffy in that sense. His speed is just way superior for Ulti's observation to catch up and react.
Anyway, it's really nice to finally see a BP member being shown to use haki. Ulti is the first one in BP that's displayed to have haki besides Kaido. More reason why she's just Best Girl:cheers:
Nah batman and speed got haki to so she the fourth to show it
Post automatically merged:

Ulti is the first Beasts Pirate member confirmed to have haki other than of course Kaido.

Also no Batman and Speed don't count because that was anime only.:usoprice:
It does count lol

Ulti is the first Beasts Pirate member confirmed to have haki other than of course Kaido.

Also no Batman and Speed don't count because that was anime only.:usoprice:
Drake used it to beat Caribou in the cover story
There are only two instances that I think Yamato would have learned of Luffy and been encouraged to wait for him. Marineford, which is when Luffy became famous the world over (as it was broadcast around the world...he was famous before, but not to that level), and post Dressrosa, which was the first sure-fire declaration that Luffy was coming for Kaido’s head. I’d say the former, because Marineford was more impactful and the emphasis was put on Luffy and his future, but it’s probably a mix of both.
I think Marineford makes the most sense as well, it was more spectacular and it makes more sense given Yamato's apparently waiting for a long time

Status
Not open for further replies.