Character Discussion Did anybody expect that Mihawk would be the last pre-ts character we would know anything about?

Introduced with Mysterious Eyes (After 1000 Chapters, only Ruler on Empty Throne & Millennial Elephant share such Eyes)
Well, Hakuba displayed the same eyes.
Achieved his Goal & Bored in a World where Warlords, Admirals, Emperors, Holy Knights & Revos still Compete for Supremacy
Sure, but Mihawk's goal isn't as great according to himself, saying that becoming the King of Pirates is greater than surpassing himself, which means: Becoming PK > Surpassing Mihawk > being Mihawk
1. He Shits on literally Everyone Introduced so far, it doesn't matter if it's Shanks or Roger or Yonko or Godheads (Even Imu & BB)
He is obviously powerful, but hype of this kind, given Mihawk hasn't done anything, is nonsensical. The reason we haven't seen much from Mihawk, is, because he is irrelevant in the grand scheme of things and is merely Zoro's end goal. Hence Oda created a plot where Mihawk is Buggy's commander to be able to somehow face Zoro. You say Mihawk is bored with all these guys around, yet get uncomfortable when Buggy wants to join the race for the One Piece, saying he would prefer a quiet and peaceful life.

Sure, but Mihawk's goal isn't as great according to himself, saying that becoming the King of Pirates is greater than surpassing himself, which means: Becoming PK > Surpassing Mihawk > being Mihawk

He is obviously powerful, but hype of this kind, given Mihawk hasn't done anything, is nonsensical. The reason we haven't seen much from Mihawk, is, because he is irrelevant in the grand scheme of things and is merely Zoro's end goal. Hence Oda created a plot where Mihawk is Buggy's commander to be able to somehow face Zoro. You say Mihawk is bored with all these guys around, yet get uncomfortable when Buggy wants to join the race for the One Piece, saying he would prefer a quiet and peaceful life.
yeah Oda basically has Mihawk written as unless you’re a master swordsman interested in taking his title he wants nothing to do with you. I personally hope he plays a bigger part with Cross Guild getting involved but any lore dumps on him and feats would be nice

HA001

World's Strongest Swordsman

That's because Mihawk thinks being pirate king is beating all the yonko in a fight. If he knew what Roger did he'd never have said that.

Hakuba + Cavendish, not Hakuba alone
And Mihawk got them Permanently
Cavendish is an Amateur, He failed to Sync with Hakuba
Becoming Pirate King = Finding One Piece, it's just that Title of PK goes to Captain of Crew who done so
It's Goal of entire Crew & Drive of Story, ofc Goal of entire Crew combined is gonna be Superior than Dream of each one Individually

And dunno why you mention it, since i already did, i said Defeating Mihawk is among Top 11 Achievements in One Piece
Counting Dream of each SH + Finding One Piece
Just the Fact you said He is "Merely Zoro's Endgame" shows you're Biased, as simple as that
If Final Villain turns out to be a New Character, you're gonna say, He is merely Final Villain, He didn't do anything for Thousand Chapters?
When Void Century is Revealed, you are gonna say it's Irrelevant because Oda didn't show it before? Looks like anything Oda hides becomes Irrelevant

Uranus is Irrelevant then, being called an Ancient Weapon isn't enough
Imu is Irrelevant, sitting on Empty Throne isn't enough
Dragon is Irrelevant, being Most Wanted Man isn't enough
All Blue is Irrelevant
All Healing Cure is Irrelevant
World Map is Irrelevant
Void Century is Irrelevant
And i can name like 50 other stuff & Characters

Fact is simple, when Luffy's Dream is a Secret, when Nami's Dream is a Map, when Chopper's Dream is Medicine, Sea, History, Ship ... etc
Everyone doesn't mind, but when it comes to Zoro whose Dream is tied to a Character & Power-Level Related, let's shit on him & say They are Irrelevant

The problem is that if i ask you to name me a Character you believe is Stronger than Mihawk, i will tell you who you might say,
You're either gonna mention a Flashback Character (Such as Roger or Xebec or Ryuma), a Character who Died before Final Saga even started (Such as Kaidou or WB), a Character who isn't even Introduced yet (Such as Imu or Man With Burn Scar), a Character who was already shown completely bloodied & they thought was Dead (Such as Garp or Akainu)

So please tell me who is this Relevant Endgame Character who is Stronger than Mihawk? Cuz almost all your Options weren't relevant enough to remain Untouchable till Final War starts

Do you know who are only Two you can say are Stronger than Mihawk? Shanks & Dragon
Guess what? Dragon done nothing except moving his Mouth, literally
So it all comes down to the usual Shanks vs Mihawk, but since Shanks is more relevant for Luffy, then let's ignore Mihawk's Title & being One of MC Dreams & simply call him "Irrelevant Zoro's Endgame" lol Because the only guy who comes close to being compared to him after 1000 Chapters in both Hype & Relevancy is Shanks

The same guy who Mihawk specifically said He ain't interested in Fighting, and same guy who WG consider a Swordsman, yet Mihawk still got his Title despite all of Shanks Legendary Feats

That's because Mihawk thinks being pirate king is beating all the yonko in a fight. If he knew what Roger did he'd never have said that.
That sounds even worse, since Mihawk would acknowledge that defeating Yonko is harder defeating him. I mean, obviously, becoming PK is harder because it requires not only individual strength but a powerful crew and allies. I was just pointing out the flaw in @Salah WG argument, that Mihawk sits around bored looking at all these people as if their accomplishments and goals are inferior to his own, when that isn't the case.
Just the Fact you said He is "Merely Zoro's Endgame" shows you're Biased, as simple as that
No, not really, because obviously Zoro will be among the strongest characters. But in a story where Sun God Nika faces the King of the Empty Throne and Blackbeard, who is portrayed as the Antithesis to Luffy, there is something beyond surpassing Mihawk in battle.

HA001

That sounds even worse, since Mihawk would acknowledge that defeating Yonko is harder defeating him. I mean, obviously, becoming PK is harder because it requires not only individual strength but a powerful crew and allies. I was just pointing out the flaw in @Salah WG argument, that Mihawk sits around bored looking at all these people as if their accomplishments and goals are inferior to his own, when that isn't the case.

No, not really, because obviously Zoro will be among the strongest characters. But in a story where Sun God Nika faces the King of the Empty Throne and Blackbeard, who is portrayed as the Antithesis to Luffy, there is something beyond surpassing Mihawk in battle.
No. Mihawk thinks being pirate king is beating all the yonko.

Beating 4 top tiers > beating 1 top tier wss

When Buggy says let's get the one piece
Mihawks response is what you want us to fight all the yonko at once.

This is what the pirate king is in mihawks eyes.

This is not Roger
Mihawk doesn't know what Roger did

Buggy does
Hence Buggy correcting mihawk that you don't need to beat anyone to be pk.

@Salah WG those eyes of Mihawk, Imu and Zunisha probably just portray a sharp/pervasive glance, hence Hakuba/Cavendish periodically displayed them and why Mihawk had them since childhood. They don't have any special power or meaning. When Big Mom had her Tantrum and was going crazy, she also had multiple circles around her eyes. Her sword, Napoleon too had them. Even Daifuku's genie.

No, why would Mihawk think that, when it's obviously not the case? An event like Roger beating 4 emperors at once would be well documented. Yet Roger was always said to have become the PK by "conquering the Grandline and reaching the last island". Roger was never portrayed as the PK for defeating everyone else. Mihawk statement didn't refer to them doing a 1 (Buggy's crew) vs 3 (the 3 other crews), since those are peers to each other as well. And since every Yonko crew is each other's foe, each Yonko crew by default is opposed to the 3 other ones, which is what Mihawk's statement was referring to. Since logically, there would be no reason for the other 3 Yonko crews, which are opposed to each other, to team up and gangbang Buggy's crew.

HA001

@Salah WG those eyes of Mihawk, Imu and Zunisha probably just portray a sharp/pervasive glance, hence Hakuba/Cavendish periodically displayed them and why Mihawk had them since childhood. They don't have any special power or meaning. When Big Mom had her Tantrum and was going crazy, she also had multiple circles around her eyes. Her sword, Napoleon too had them. Even Daifuku's genie.

No, why would Mihawk think that, when it's obviously not the case? An event like Roger beating 4 emperors at once would be well documented. Yet Roger was always said to have become the PK by "conquering the Grandline and reaching the last island". Roger was never portrayed as the PK for defeating everyone else. Mihawk statement didn't refer to them doing a 1 (Buggy's crew) vs 3 (the 3 other crews), since those are peers to each other as well. And since every Yonko crew is each other's foe, each Yonko crew by default is opposed to the 3 other ones, which is what Mihawk's statement was referring to. Since logically, there would be no reason for the other 3 Yonko crews, which are opposed to each other, to team up and gangbang Buggy's crew.
???
Because its what everyone thinks
Mihawk kaido chinjao all think that
Everyone thinks Roger became pirate king by force.
No mihawk mentioned the yonko themselves not the crews.

???
Because its what everyone thinks
Mihawk kaido chinjao all think that
Everyone thinks Roger became pirate king by force.
No mihawk mentioned the yonko themselves not the crews.
Yeah, you effectively have to take on everyone but not in a 1 vs 3 or 6 (if you include the admirals). Everyone knows the Yonko are in a stalemate with each other. Neither does Shanks' "take on everyone at once", nor does Blackbeard, Luffy (or previously Kaido and Big Mom) do so, so it wouldn't make sense for Mihawk to assume that just because they join the race like everyone else, they are going to be gangbanged by all others in the race. Why are you taking Mihawk's words literal here? (And I'm not even sure how accurate this translation is to begin with, since it's not like Stephen Paul's translations weren't corrected in the past).

C

Cruxroux

Yeah, you effectively have to take on everyone but not in a 1 vs 3 or 6 (if you include the admirals). Everyone knows the Yonko are in a stalemate with each other. Neither does Shanks' "take on everyone at once", nor does Blackbeard, Luffy (or previously Kaido and Big Mom) do so, so it wouldn't make sense for Mihawk to assume that just because they join the race like everyone else, they are going to be gangbanged by all others in the race. Why are you taking Mihawk's words literal here? (And I'm not even sure how accurate this translation is to begin with, since it's not like Stephen Paul's translations weren't corrected in the past).
The whole discussion is pointless given mihawk interest in one piece.
Why would one bother going and fighting top tiers extreme-high diffs.
Mihawk simply said he isn't interested.
He was given Yonkou title on a silver platter.

HA001

Because he isn't the only one who thinks it.
Chinjao said the same pirate king is king of conquerors. No it's not. Anyone can be king

Kaido Roger used haki to bring the world to his kneel.
No he didnt he begged wb for his crew mate beating no one on the way.

The whole discussion is pointless given mihawk interest in one piece.
Why would one bother going and fighting top tiers extreme-high diffs.
Mihawk simply said he isn't interested.
He was given Yonkou title on a silver platter.
Yes, he isn't interested. But not for the reason fanboys claim, who say that the goal of PK just isn't on par with being the WSS. That doesn't diminish Mihawk's combat power or the WSS title being a pretty high achievement.

ConquistadoR

The Rogue Prince

When Buggy says let's get the one piece
Mihawks response is what you want us to fight all the yonko at once.

This is what the pirate king is in mihawks eyes.

This is not Roger
Mihawk doesn't know what Roger did

Buggy does
Hence Buggy correcting mihawk that you don't need to beat anyone to be pk.
That scene flows really well.

The panels of Crocodile (Wealth) talking about Pirating as if it's a Business & Mihawk (Power) talking about becoming Pirate King as if it means fighting the other Yonko for it.
For Buggy (Fame) to come in and tell everyone how Roger did it.

HA001

That scene flows really well.

The panels of Crocodile (Wealth) talking about Pirating as if it's a Business & Mihawk (Power) talking about becoming Pirate King as if it means fighting the other Yonko for it.
For Buggy (Fame) to come in and tell everyone how Roger did it.
Yeah. I always said it. But this chapter confirms for me mihawk has Roger on a pedestal (like kaido and chinjao) for power he isn't at because he doesn't actually know what Roger did.

C

Cruxroux

Yes, he isn't interested. But not for the reason fanboys claim, who say that the goal of PK just isn't on par with being the WSS. That doesn't diminish Mihawk's combat power or the WSS title being a pretty high achievement.
I'm tired of saying this PK isn't a lone effort.
You don't become PK alone. Its the whole fuckin crew , even Roger had BEG whitebeard for Oden. Roger needed rayleigh , Gaban , Ship doctor , Ship repair stuff , and probably a navigator too.
WSS needs none of that.
PK is a fame title , Not Strength title. (Not saying he is weak) but Watch buggy became PK with Mihawk and Crocodile. You can't call Buggy a Pirate king.
Mihawk knows this , out of all things he noticed about Luffy is , he's ability to bring people together , which is highly needed for a pirate king.
Types of Mihawk are lone wolf and find it harder to interact or work with people , hence making it difficult compared WSS for him.

Yeah. I always said it. But this chapter confirms for me mihawk has Roger on a pedestal (like kaido and chinjao) for power he isn't at because he doesn't actually know what Roger did.
The world knows that Roger didn't fight all the Yonko. They live in a world where every kind of contact between the likes of Yonko, even via Den Den Mushi is intercepted and made into a big deal. Roger having full on fights with Yonko and besting them isn't something that would go unnoticed and thus left to one's imagination, as in "I believe Roger did that to become PK".

Yet, we of course don't know the full story as a lot of it is off paneled. We know that Roger clashed with Whitebeard and Whitebeard was scaled up to Roger as "the equal of even Roger", we also know Roger fought Garp and Xebec, so the people in verse have a better understanding of Roger's fighting power than us viewers. Kaido saying that Roger put the world to heel wasn't due to Kaido not knowing any better. He was perfectly aware of Roger's fighting power.
I'm tired of saying this PK isn't a lone effort.
What's your point? I honestly don't understand, because I never said otherwise. Salah claimed that Mihawk's power level shits on everyone else in the verse, because in a verse where Yonko, Admirals, Holy Knights/WG and the Revos "compete for supremacy", Mihawk achieved his goal and is bored, implying that Mihawk's goal is superior to everything else in the verse, which is the reason he is bored in the first place.

Are you incapable of reading, or what's so hard to understand here? I never made the point that you need to be superior to Mihawk in a 1 on 1 to become PK. Just that the argument of Mihawk "being bored in a world where other fractions fight for supremacy" is nonsense. Simple as that.

C

Cruxroux

Salah claimed that Mihawk's power level shits on everyone else in the verse, because in a verse where Yonko, Admirals, Holy Knights/WG and the Revos "compete for supremacy"
And it's true.
Power wise , Mihawk does stands at the top.