Who will be the Next Strawhat?

• Total voters
Is it that time of the month again?
Oda's break that brings flood and off-topic discussion to the nakama thread?

I mean, I understand that we currently have Kuma&Bonney flashback plus Vegapunk has a lot of focus lately, but nothing really confirming anyone's potential SHP status yet...

But those last pages feel like unnecessary shit throwing which isn't even funny anymore.
It looks like a single guy that wants all the attention he can get. No matter if negative.

Getting back to the topic at hand, Bonney seems to be headed to a happy end with her father and not as a SHP. She don't have a dream that will be finished at the end of the series or even a job to fulfill in the crew (evert SH has show their capabilities from the SH-including Jinbei in ID).

People have yet to provide me a reason as to how Kuma is getting a happy ending. We've yet to be provided with a cure all/fix for Kuma's situation in the manga at any point.

Vegapunk has said nothing about being able to reverse kuma's situation, in fact he's just doubled down every time it's brought up

Other aspects, sure, but I dunno what about the narrative thus far says Kuma's having a good time

People have yet to provide me a reason as to how Kuma is getting a happy ending. We've yet to be provided with a cure all/fix for Kuma's situation in the manga at any point.

Vegapunk has said nothing about being able to reverse kuma's situation, in fact he's just doubled down every time it's brought up

Other aspects, sure, but I dunno what about the narrative thus far says Kuma's having a good time
Kuma is dead 99% imho.

Tbh, I kinda see death flags both for Kuma and old VP, but then I think about the major character's death happening on-screen and not during the flashback I can only remember WB and Ace off the top of my head.

Kuma's case is similar to WB imo, in a sense that WB was beyond saving and chose to die in action rather than in his bed.
I frankly don't understand HOW Kuma can be saved as he is now - wounded, barely hanging to the remnants of his will, probably on his way to save Bonney again?

I do not believe in reincarnation/memory transfer to S-Bear/getting healed. It's extremely tragic imo, so probably Oda won't go all the way and kill Kuma, but I don't know how he is going to manage it.

With VP death flags are still there, but also 2 VPs are already dead and maybe this is it?

And where the hell is Caribou and BBP??

The how is yet to be explained(it can even be from the memory bubble), but since the flashback started the theme and desire of both Kuma and Bonney was to be together. She literally started her pirate journey to reunite with her father and plenty of times it was stated that Nika would free both.

At this point, Kuma is on his way to Egghead and will probably be ordered to kill Bonney (Oda already put in this chapter that after he loses his mind he can be ordered to kill a child). After this fails, they will be reunited. While One Piece can be pretty dark at times, I really doubt that Oda will make Kuma die in front of his child as a slave robot (outside of a flashback) with the fucking god of freedom in front of him. Even getting his memory back and illing himself will look shit.

So I really don't think this will go the bittersweet route.

Tbh, I kinda see death flags both for Kuma and old VP, but then I think about the major character's death happening on-screen and not during the flashback I can only remember WB and Ace off the top of my head.

Kuma's case is similar to WB imo, in a sense that WB was beyond saving and chose to die in action rather than in his bed.
I frankly don't understand HOW Kuma can be saved as he is now - wounded, barely hanging to the remnants of his will, probably on his way to save Bonney again?

I do not believe in reincarnation/memory transfer to S-Bear/getting healed. It's extremely tragic imo, so probably Oda won't go all the way and kill Kuma, but I don't know how he is going to manage it.

With VP death flags are still there, but also 2 VPs are already dead and maybe this is it?

In a series all about inherited will, i don't see any point of bonney to exist except carrying her father's will.
Specially after his death.

For what specificly do you want a reason? Kuma turning back to his old self?

Shaka
Pedro
Asura
Yasuie

We're a bit far removed from Just Ace and Whitebeard.

Hell Yasuie was killed in front of his daughter and she had to watch him bleed out while trying to heal him.

Shaka
Pedro
Asura
Yasuie

We're a bit far removed from Just Ace and Whitebeard.

Hell Yasuie was killed in front of his daughter and she had to watch him bleed out while trying to heal him.
I would agree on Yasu and Pedro, but they still were introduced and killed off fairly quickly as opposed to WB and Ace who were in the series since the beginning and later on had their epic deaths arc.

Yasu is a good reference though. Ty for reminding me.

Idk the way I see it this flashback is supposed to be a tragedy, probably moreso than anything else we’ve seen in One Piece. I think Kuma dying for real would be a heartwrenching but appropriate conclusion to his story

Idk the way I see it this flashback is supposed to be a tragedy, probably moreso than anything else we’ve seen in One Piece. I think Kuma dying for real would be a heartwrenching but appropriate conclusion to his story
Kuma is gonna die to save his daughter and his dream..
God i am not ready..
Kuma give me strength.
It will be good storytelling imo. Heartbreaking, but in a good way.

Not every story has a happy ending. It still can be a beautiful story.

Is it that time of the month again?
Oda's break that brings flood and off-topic discussion to the nakama thread?

I mean, I understand that we currently have Kuma&Bonney flashback plus Vegapunk has a lot of focus lately, but nothing really confirming anyone's potential SHP status yet...

But those last pages feel like unnecessary shit throwing which isn't even funny anymore.
The way I see it, there'd be no reason for the story to go out of its way to show off that Bonney's fruit is capable of all this crazy stuff if she was just going to leave the story after Egghead. If Oda wanted her to be another arc ally like Kyros/Rebecca/Paulie/Wyper/Conis/Yamato, he could've left her DF as turning people into babies, which is what her powers seemed like during Sabaody. So why establish that she can literally copy different DFs if Oda wasn't going to draw any fights for her?

Even if she doesn't join, I get the impression she'll be sticking around in the story for a while

The way I see it, there'd be no reason for the story to go out of its way to show off that Bonney's fruit is capable of all this crazy stuff if she was just going to leave the story after Egghead. If Oda wanted her to be another arc ally like Kyros/Rebecca/Paulie/Wyper/Conis/Yamato, he could've left her DF as turning people into babies, which is what her powers seemed like during Sabaody. So why establish that she can literally copy different DFs if Oda wasn't going to draw any fights for her?

Even if she doesn't join, I get the impression she'll be sticking around in the story for a while
Agreed, I think Bonney was always planned to be the most important supernova. Regardless of joining the crew, she's definitely not dissapearing to go join the revos only to have a small part in the final war. Oda planned all this for her since Marineford. It's not all for egghead.

Agreed, I think Bonney was always planned to be the most important supernova. Regardless of joining the crew, she's definitely not dissapearing to go join the revos only to have a small part in the final war. Oda planned all this for her since Marineford. It's not all for egghead.
I think Oda might even have planned this setup earlier than Marineford. I can't proof it - just a feeling.