Questions & Mysteries Old Gen Marines seem a lot strongee than current Marines

I don't mean no hate here.
I am not taking overall amount of foot soldiers but top Marines.

Kizaru got taken out by Luffy in hit..granted he himself got taken out by his power up but still Kaido..an emperor would tank that hit for days. Prime Garp is never suffering that fate and Sengoku is always portrayed extremely close to garp.

Green Bull got paralyzed by Shanks from several kilometers away with Shanks barely moving a muscle. Shanks was never able to do something of that capacity to Mihawk. Prime Garp scales to that level so Garp isn't suffering that fate..by default neither is Sengoku.

Aokiji is a Blackbeards regular commander and in terms of crew hierarchy isn't given any special distinction compared to Kizaru. When Mihawk joined a yonko..he's still seen as bigger threat than said Yonko. Same would be applied to Garp who is Roger's rival. And Same for sengoku as well.

So why is Oda treating marines so bad?
They used to be some of my favorite characters

I got excited for Green Bull and Oda turned him into Shanks victim.
I got excited for Kizaru and Oda turned him into Nika victim.

Yoho

✌𝓣𝓱𝓮 𝓢𝓲𝓶𝓹𝓵𝓲𝓬𝓲𝓽𝔂 𝓸𝓯 𝓛𝓲𝓯𝓮✌
Do they? Other than garp and Sengoku there really isn't Manu top tier old school marines

Kong proved himself a cowardly fraud basically the buggy of the marines

Prime Tsuru is at best Yc3 tier

Zephyr got low diffed by a random warlord and isn't even Canon

Yoho

✌𝓣𝓱𝓮 𝓢𝓲𝓶𝓹𝓵𝓲𝓬𝓲𝓽𝔂 𝓸𝓯 𝓛𝓲𝓯𝓮✌
The Roger era only has 2 truly top tier marines

Current era

Akainu
Aokiji ~ formerly
Fujitora
Aramaki
Kizaru

S

Sasaki Kojirō

I don't mean no hate here.
I am not taking overall amount of foot soldiers but top Marines.

Kizaru got taken out by Luffy in hit..granted he himself got taken out by his power up but still Kaido..an emperor would tank that hit for days. Prime Garp is never suffering that fate and Sengoku is always portrayed extremely close to garp.

Green Bull got paralyzed by Shanks from several kilometers away with Shanks barely moving a muscle. Shanks was never able to do something of that capacity to Mihawk. Prime Garp scales to that level so Garp isn't suffering that fate..by default neither is Sengoku.

Aokiji is a Blackbeards regular commander and in terms of crew hierarchy isn't given any special distinction compared to Kizaru. When Mihawk joined a yonko..he's still seen as bigger threat than said Yonko. Same would be applied to Garp who is Roger's rival. And Same for sengoku as well.

So why is Oda treating marines so bad?
They used to be some of my favorite characters

I got excited for Green Bull and Oda turned him into Shanks victim.
I got excited for Kizaru and Oda turned him into Nika victim.
Sengoku is the worst piece of shit I've ever seen. Look at his feats; he's a dogshit:

- Shit himself throughout the entire war against Whitebeard.
- Cowardly attacked Blackbeard and his pirates, failing to even knock out Burgess, who, in his timeskip state, was easily defeated by Sabo, a stronger version.
- Needed Garp's help to combat Blackbeard and his crew without Devil Fruits, even though they were weaker than his current state.
- Failed to knock out pre-timeskip Luffy, even with a clean hit.
- Ended up bandaged at the end of the war after fighting Blackbeard with the Gura Gura no Mi without full control. (This justifies your fear of Whitebeard).

- Failed to capture Jack and had ships sunk by Jack, despite having Fujitora and Tsuru by his side.

It's not that I disagree with the statement that Sengoku and Garp > Current Admirals; I agree with that. However, Sengoku would get such a beating from Kaido. LMAO

Last edited by a moderator:
Sengoku is the worst piece of shit I've ever seen. Look at his feats; he's a dogshit:

- Shit himself throughout the entire war against Whitebeard.
- Cowardly attacked Blackbeard and his pirates, failing to even knock out Burgess, who, in his timeskip state, was easily defeated by Sabo, a stronger version.
- Needed Garp's help to combat Blackbeard and his crew without Devil Fruits, even though they were weaker than his current state.
- Failed to knock out pre-timeskip Luffy, even with a clean hit.
- Ended up bandaged at the end of the war after fighting Blackbeard with the Gura Gura no Mi without full control.
- Failed to capture Jack and had ships sunk by Jack, despite having Fujitora and Tsuru by his side.

Mihawk vs Prime Sengoku?
Mihawk and Shanks vs Garp and Sengoku?

S

Sasaki Kojirō

Rank Mihawk Shanks Dragon Roger Whitebeard Garp Sengoku Rayleigh from weakest to strongest
That's for another time, Sengoku's deeds and portrayal are worse than Big Mom's.... The only thing that saves Sengoku is the praise coming from Roger that he and Garp are a fight that could be worth the fun, but even that when compared to the fact that Roger ran away from confronting Big Mom head on is overshadowed.

Roger/Garp/Dragon > Whitebeard =or> Sengoku > Shanks/Mihawk =or> Rayleigh
(prime for all)
(sengoku might be equal to shanks/mihawk but not if he is also equal to whitebeard)

S

Sasaki Kojirō

He's not low because I am ranking some of the strongest characters in the series
Roger loses to Shanks and Whitebeard is also not stronger than Shanks, if you look at the timeline you will realize that Shanks reached the peak of his strength when Whitebeard was already in decline which means that Whitebeard was never superior to Prime Shank...

If Whitebeard, who shared the skies with Shanks on his ship, fought for real with Shanks at that moment, Whitebeard would lose and Shanks would be the new WSM.

Shanks would have won this fight here. The fact that Whitebeard holds a title won in an era where the most prominent candidates were far from their respective peaks does not mean that he will always be superior to these characters, these characters become stronger reach their peaks and can get Whitebeard's head, the point is that there is no instance of Whitebeard being challenged or challenging other emperors until a battle that has a conclusion, because when that happened we saw him run away and avoid fighting Kaidou in Wano, then we realized that WB never scratched Big Mom, and why His last confrontation with Shanks led to absolutely nothing.

Last edited by a moderator:
Roger loses to Shanks and Whitebeard is also not stronger than Shanks, if you look at the timeline you will realize that Shanks reached the peak of his strength when Whitebeard was already in decline which means that Whitebeard was never superior to Prime Shank...

If Whitebeard, who shared the skies with Shanks on his ship, fought for real with Shanks at that moment, Whitebeard would lose and Shanks would be the new WSM.

Shanks would have won this fight here. The fact that Whitebeard holds a title won in an era where the most prominent candidates were far from their respective peaks does not mean that he will always be superior to these characters, these characters become stronger reach their peaks and can get Whitebeard's head.
Shanks is basically Walmart Roger with a missing arm tho. Not sure how he can he stronger than Roger
Post automatically merged:

Shanks would have won this fight here. The fact that Whitebeard holds a title won in an era where the most prominent candidates were far from their respective peaks does not mean that he will always be superior to these characters, these characters become stronger reach their peaks and can get Whitebeard's head.
Shanks is basically Walmart Roger with a missing arm tho. Not sure how he can he stronger than Roger

S

Sasaki Kojirō

Post automatically merged:

Shanks is better than Roger, has better feats than Roger in Haki and is better than Roger in swordsmanship as he is considered the rival of the WSS of the current era, Roger's swordsmanship or sword style is inferior to Oden's and Oden himself recites that.

Shanks is better than Roger, has better feats than Roger in Haki and is better than Roger in swordsmanship as he is considered the rival of the WSS of the current era, Roger's swordsmanship or sword style is inferior to Oden's and Oden himself recites that.
Idk man Roger's got a supreme grade Blade and was matching Whitebeard with his swordsmanship despite Whitebeard having gura gura no mi.

Shanks was only strong enough to hold on to straw hat and pass it to Luffy not become pirate king himself.

Even Kaido used Roger as an example of peak Haki and not Shanks.