Spoiler One Piece Chapter 1104 Spoilers Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know, the fact that the Saturn takes damage from a 3rd commander, Kuma, just makes me think that the Saturn is weak. Weaker than an admiral. Disappointed is the word that defines me. Akainu simply absolutely denied Kuma.
No 3rd or even 2nd commander gets the "King" treatment, with busted stats and abilities.

This.

Oda cares more about emotional narrative moments than actual power scaling. Kuma punching Saturn is more about Kuma's emotions being shown physically than Oda trying to state how powerful Kuma or Saturn are compared to other characters.
1100 chapters and people still don't understand emotional moments ARE power scaling in one piece. Haki isn't a static number. Haki levels change constantly mid fight based on emotional state, willpower, ambition, etc. Kuma has likely never had stronger haki in his life than he does right now.

Honestly at this point I can’t see Saturn keeping Vegapunk as the prime target. These Nika worshippers have become more of a present threat than Punks knowledge.

Saturn should just have Kizaru focus on Luffy so that these people can watch their god die before their very eyes
Uranus reveal in egghead, I suspect Imu will order Saturn to send him another roubd of mother flame to fuel the weapon and erase everyone on that island

Maybe that's when Kizaru give the middle finger to Saturn and both get killed

Kuma portrayal is quite above Cracker one

You won’t find Kuma greatness in his feats. He barely has real ones. (Yet some of his feats are already crazy : taking huge amount of pain daily, protecting the sunny for 2 years non stop, punching Saturn etc)

But his portrayal is off the charts and only matched by other YC1 (at worst).

- Kuma plot relevance is quite important (Pacifista project, Vegapunk, Bonney, RA etc)
- Kuma is the only guy who beat the whole SH gang, not once, but twice
- Kuma is the one responsible for the time skip
- Kuma is the one who create the « nothing happened » moment
- Kuma is a shishibukai
- Kuma trained Sabo the MC bro
- Kuma was the only one knowing about Dragon son and seems really close to him
- Bucanners race and WG / Gorosei enemy
- a Uber strong DF that was paralleled with Kaido DF for the God Valley race

etc etc and I likely miss some

I don’t see a single commander bar YC1 who have the same degree of portrayal and I have Kuma at the higher end of that tier
Man, I'm sorry, but I can't see how these accomplishments could imply a valuation on him that could claim him to be 1YC.
In One Piece we have some narrative anomalies, yes, such as Jack being presented in the narrative as superior to Doflamingo, although in practice he did not demonstrate superior feats. But even Kuma's narrative does not establish a hierarchy in his strength. His feats of strength are "obsolete", beating all the mugiwaras in the pretimeskip even Caribou was capable of doing.
All shishibukais are receiving morale buffs now, I understand that Oda may value him, but even so he hasn't demonstrated any feat that can put him alongside King, Katakuri, Zoro, nor Queen, Sanji, etc. and Oda so far has not established its position in a hierarchy, has not established any parameters.
Therefore, until nothing tells me otherwise, I think it's safe to keep him at 3YC because his achievements have nothing to compare with Queen and Sanji.

Pew's source is probably hiding Sanji's feats, they always do that

"Straw hats can move now and attempt to fight back"

"Straw hats" lol so you mean the whole crew?

There is literally only Sanji and Franky there who are actual Strawhats that were unable to move
:quest:

1100 chapters and people still don't understand emotional moments ARE power scaling in one piece. Haki isn't a static number. Haki levels change constantly mid fight based on emotional state, willpower, ambition, etc. Kuma has likely never had stronger haki in his life than he does right now.
It can change a little but it's not like a mid-tier will suddenly become a top-tier because of the power of friendship. It's more about the usual trope of fiction in general where chararacters with regenerative abilities are made of butter. Cell and Buu are a good example, they are stronger than anybody else but much weaker characters manage to maim them just fine.
I can assure you if Saturn didn't have a healing factor he wouldn't have lost an arm so easily.

Status
Not open for further replies.