Character Discussion Fuck Kaido as a character

Akai2

🆉🅾🆁🅾 🆃🅾🅾 🆂🆃🆁🅾🅽🅺!
What sucks about Kaido's flashback is that it really felt like Oda was setting up his backstory to be great, and everyone was waiting patiently to see it.

Imagine waiting so long to see Kaido's flashback especially after seeing Big Mom's flashback, and then we finally get it and it only ends up being four pages of nothing.

Instead of getting a really good and solid Kaido flashback, all we got was a big fuck you from Oda.
I'll change my mind if he brings Kaido and Big Mom back for a proper resolution. But there's less than 1% chance of that happening :pepemy:

Only OP fans think a well written character needs to have a sad backstory for some reason
@Fujishiro Gaimou from Kingdom is what Kaido could‘ve been, Hara really only needed a couple chapters to explain Gaimou‘s philosophy as a warrior who relies on brute force, and a general who sees the battlefield as a place to satisfy one’s primal desires

Oda just doesn’t care lol

Only OP fans think a well written character needs to have a sad backstory for some reason
@Fujishiro Gaimou from Kingdom is what Kaido could‘ve been, Hara really only needed a couple chapters to explain Gaimou‘s philosophy as a warrior who relies on brute force, and a general who sees the battlefield as a place to satisfy one’s primal desires

Oda just doesn’t care lol
Yeah I dont want a sad backstory I just wanted to know more about his philosophy, his motivations and his growth over the years.

I remember before Wano started and even during the beginning of Wano, where plenty of people thought that Kaido would hopefully become the next best written villain in One Piece, that he would be the next Crocodile or Doflamingo they said.

As well as saying that the Wano arc was going to be the best arc of all time.

Fast forward and instead of being the best written villain, Kaido is now currently the worst written villain.:suresure:

Now I'm seeing way more people being critical not just towards Kaido but even the Wano arc itself, and I'm not just talking about users here but outside of this forum.

I've even seen some One Piece redditors criticize the Wano arc.

He's a trash character with a trash backstory and a trash personality.

The only thing good about him is his design and fighting style.

The rest can go to the garbage bin.

Oda did him supremely dirty with that piece of shit flashback he has gotten.

I had immense expectations for his character but I was left majorly disappointed, heck he wasnt even the main character of his own arc we barely fucking saw him until Onigashima.

Fuck Kaido and fuck Oda.
His design is ugly and his fighting style is just Oooga Booga Bonk

I

Indigo

He's a trash character with a trash backstory and a trash personality.

The only thing good about him is his design and fighting style.

The rest can go to the garbage bin.

Oda did him supremely dirty with that piece of shit flashback he has gotten.

I had immense expectations for his character but I was left majorly disappointed, heck he wasnt even the main character of his own arc we barely fucking saw him until Onigashima.

Fuck Kaido and fuck Oda.
I wish Oda never gave Kaido a backstory

just let it be a mystery

the Kaido, super strong monster who speed blitezes everyone, who desperatly wants to die, but at the same time keeps staying alive

is a good enough villain

the backstory was so trash it just made him worse as a character lmao

It's like Crocodile, we really don't need to know anything else about him, and he is great

Jack is a Fish-Man but doesn't know how to use Fish-Man Karate or Fish-Man Jujutsu.:shame:

Jack is a perfect example of when you don't have anything else to showcase for your fighting style and all you have is just a Zoan, then you are pretty much a boring fighter.

King being a Lunarian and Queen being a Cyborg is what made them interesting fighters, take those away and they would basically become another Jack.

Oden is such a blot on One Piece as a whole. Yamato's pretty cool when she's not thinking about that freak but Oda had to double down and use her as a conduit to perpetually wank that dead loser.
Oden is legitimately one of the worst flashback characters. Usually I’m a sucker for One Piece flashbacks, they tend to be Oda at his best and serve as the emotional linchpin of an arc.

Oden poisoned that, and by extension the Wano arc itself.
Post automatically merged:

I remember before Wano started and even during the beginning of Wano, where plenty of people thought that Kaido would hopefully become the next best written villain in One Piece, that he would be the next Crocodile or Doflamingo they said.

As well as saying that the Wano arc was going to be the best arc of all time.

Fast forward and instead of being the best written villain, Kaido is now currently the worst written villain.:suresure:

Now I'm seeing way more people being critical not just towards Kaido but even the Wano arc itself, and I'm not just talking about users here but outside of this forum.

I've even seen some One Piece redditors criticize the Wano arc.
It’s actually glorious to see the Wano fall off on Reddit. Not just the main sub, but even the MemePiece one also fell out of love with it.

I remember people actually claiming it was the best arc while it was ongoing. Fast forward a year later and very few still have it as their top arc. They’re more willing to criticize, and you see it becoming prevalent that Egghead is better.

Wano was always propped up by what people wanted it to be. The reality has just led to disappointment for a lot of them instead.

Last edited:
wano arc was a mess , I think Oda originally planned with Kaido , tagging big mom in the story complicated stuff .

After seeing how Lucci , Crocodile came back in story I am certain Kaido will make an appearance again . No certainty he is dead and Oda hasn’t confirmed it .

I think Oda copped out he simply didn’t know how to end Kaido without killing him .

Tbh I liked his past not tearjerker story or sad parent hood he was always a weapon used by countries and Govt that’s why I liked the flashback .
Post automatically merged:

I'll change my mind if he brings Kaido and Big Mom back for a proper resolution. But there's less than 1% chance of that happening :pepemy:
They will comeback 100 % . If Lucci, Crocodile are back in story definately they will have resolution .

Jack is a Fish-Man but doesn't know how to use Fish-Man Karate or Fish-Man Jujutsu.:shame:

Jack is a perfect example of when you don't have anything else to showcase for your fighting style and all you have is just a Zoan, then you are pretty much a boring fighter.

King being a Lunarian and Queen being a Cyborg is what made them interesting fighters, take those away and they would basically become another Jack.
Jack with FMK or FMJ mixed in his swords would be interesting, but Oda doesn't give a shit about him lol