Yu-Gi-Oh General Thread

Arc v was suprisely good, Yuya has the best rage moment in the entire yugioh series for me. [Yugioh thru ArC V] I stop after arc v ended though.

5ds was awesome too.
Thinking back, I only really have a few issues with Arc V. Yuya's character arc in the Synchro Dimension was basically "you have to earn respect instead of crying and shoving your ideals down people's throats." And it's a lesson he seemed to learn. But then we get to the XYZ Dimension, a place destroyed by an interdimensional card game war, and he immediately goes back to "NOOOOOOO! CARD GAMES ARE FOR MAKING PEOPLE SMILE!" In the ruins of a city destroyed by card games. Like, his entire character arc went out the window. And my other major issue is that Serena got done dirty.

IRL YGO is dead.Even stores are not selling cards anymore.Konami fucked up the game beyond repair.
Not where I live! Plenty of shops selling them these days

They certainly sell less cards and at fewer locations than they used to, but they definitely still have lots of sales locations. In fact, the Branded Structure Deck was their best-selling structure deck ever and that was released in 2022 and the 25th Anniversary Collectors Set which literally released this month had the best 1st week sales of any Yu-Gi-Oh product since Duelist Genesis in 2009

I think it's more that player behaviour has moved to buying bulk and a lot of shops dont let you do that

the game has kinda sucked since 5ds

power creep ruined the game
Post automatically merged:

Let’s revive this old thread

pretty much meant nothing to me beyond the starting bit with red-eyes,blue eyes and so on

given pretty much only care about the manga and anime cards with the animation including solely tcg only decks say for the first few seconds

literal click bait btw

shows dark magician on the thumbnail yet barely has any relevance in the video.

Last edited:

pretty much meant nothing to me beyond the starting bit with red-eyes,blue eyes and so on

given pretty much only care about the manga and anime cards with the animation including solely tcg only decks say for the first few seconds

literal click bait btw

Yugiboomer post.

literal click bait btw

Geez bro, you must be great at parties

Dark Magician and Girl got plenty of shilling these past few years. That video is a celebration of the many iconic archetypes and monsters throughout the years of the game

Last edited:
Geez bro, you must be great a parties

Dark Magician and Girl got plenty of shilling these past few years. That video is a celebration of the many iconic archetypes and monsters throughout the years of the game
I grew up on the classic stuff, and even I'm getting sick and tired of the DM nostalgia pandering. They tried GX nostalgia pandering a while ago, and just sorta gave up and went back to DM.

I grew up on the classic stuff, and even I'm getting sick and tired of the DM nostalgia pandering. They tried GX nostalgia pandering a while ago, and just sorta gave up and went back to DM.
Old school Yugioh is overrated. You don’t see Dark Magician, Blue-Eyes, or almost any of the iconic monsters in the show compared to today where you can at least construct a Dark Magician deck and even get a few wins against the meta.

Goat format is fun for a while until you realize everyone plays essentially the same exact staple cards and win-con.

Best times to play Yugioh were between the 5Ds era to the first half of Part 5 and even some parts of Vrains. By those times, you had way more variety

Old school Yugioh is overrated. You don’t see Dark Magician, Blue-Eyes, or almost any of the iconic monsters in the show compared to today where you can at least construct a Dark Magician deck and even get a few wins against the meta.

Goat format is fun for a while until you realize everyone plays essentially the same exact staple cards and win-con.

Best times to play Yugioh were between the 5Ds era to the first half of Part 5 and even some parts of Vrains. By those times, you had way more variety
I grew up playing Blue Eyes (badly...), and was always frustrated that I could never summon any boss monsters because I needed to tribute two monsters, which takes three turns, and usually my opponent would catch on to what I was trying to do, and destroy my tributes beforehand. I loved the 5D's anime, but didn't get too many cards from that era because I was a broke kid. It wasn't until the first XYZ starter deck that I realized how deep the game could be when I'm not focusing on bringing out beatsticks.

literal click bait btw

Ehh, power creep just made the game harder to play but the challenge is something I enjoy

The sign of a good game is when the best decks require skill to pilot and that's now pretty much the case with every top tier deck of the last year or so other than Kashtira - which is only a good thing!

Tearlaments, Fire-King Diabellestar and Unchained especially require skill and are also very fun mirror matches

Anyway, regarding the video, it's either a teaser for a lore-anime or just a one-off but either way, it goes through the iconic archetypes and cards of most of the eras of Yugioh - weirdly a lot of 5Ds wasn't in there though

Agree - it's nostalgia. All nostalgia. There wasn't even an interesting deck in the entire game (TCG or OCG) until Blue-Eyes Ritual Turbo and Clown control and those took 4-5 years to become a thing.

I still stand by the best format being TOSS which was end of P5/Start of P6. Thunder-dragon is a fun and skill-required deck. Orcust is fun and a skill required deck. Sky Striker is a fun and skill required deck. Salad is a fun and skill-required deck.

Even some of the rogue strategies in this format were interesting! SPYral and Tri-Zoo for example, were also very fun decks! And to be honest, only one of these meta-decks wasn't fun to play against either. There's never been a format with as much interaction in games before or since.

I grew up playing Blue Eyes (badly...), and was always frustrated that I could never summon any boss monsters because I needed to tribute two monsters, which takes three turns, and usually my opponent would catch on to what I was trying to do, and destroy my tributes beforehand. I loved the 5D's anime, but didn't get too many cards from that era because I was a broke kid. It wasn't until the first XYZ starter deck that I realized how deep the game could be when I'm not focusing on bringing out beatsticks.
I think XYZ was the peak of the game in terms of rules and complexity. It was the sweet-spot. Now it's too much for new players.

Last edited:
VRAINS after the shake-up of Master Rule 4, mainly banning enough cards that were now too broken with Links and releasing enough new archetypes designed for MR4 and enough good Link monsters was such a fun time to play the game.

Placement of cards mattered more than ever which added a layer of depth to the game previously unseen and while it sort of dragged out, I really enjoyed everything it offered safe for Full Power Orcust Knightmare combo with any 2 monsters and anything to do with Firewall.

Salamangreat, Trickstar, Gouki, Sky Striker, Altergeists, Crusadia, etc.

Fun times

I liked VRAINS a lot, but I felt like MR4 messed with the game a bit too much. It really sucked having the entire Extra Deck nerfed so Konami could force you to buy Link Monsters. Cool mechanic, but I didn't like how they were implemented at first.

I liked VRAINS a lot, but I felt like MR4 messed with the game a bit too much. It really sucked having the entire Extra Deck nerfed so Konami could force you to buy Link Monsters. Cool mechanic, but I didn't like how they were implemented at first.
It was done bad at first. Konami needed to sell Links.

Konami doing Master Rule 4 revised in 2020 so that it didn’t apply to Fusion, Synchro, and Xyz is the closest they’ll ever get to admitting it was mostly a mistake on their end. There was just too many decks and cards made at this point that could not function with that original Extra Monster Zone rule

literally didt have any anime decks outside of shit from duel monsters

where was stardust dragon

performapals and so on

those are far more iconic then half of the tcg only nonsense that nobody even plays anymore

Uh…

Duelist Nexus released in April 2023

Dimension Force in January 2022 and some indirect Supreme King support in Age of Overlord (July 22, 2023)

was talking of the animation

not current sets released

the only anime cards showed there was the ones in duel monsters

that's if you play at a hyper meta lv like modern yugioh fans only ever do

people who like classic yugioh arent generally playing to win in the first turn cause to them

that's unfun, you can dislike that preference for a kinda games with friends instead of the ftk summon million extra deck monsters but that wont stop people from preferring the more causual way of playing

and pretty ironic of a statement considering that's no different in the modern game if not worse cause every deck has the same sorta seachers,extenders and hand traps

and modern yugioh is only ever meta and played competitive unlike yugioh classic which is actually played causually and has games that arent 1 turn and 50 mins long with the guy cycling though half his deck

was talking of the animation

not current sets released

the only anime cards showed there was the ones in duel monsters

that's if you play at a hyper meta lv like modern yugioh fans only ever do

people who like classic yugioh arent generally playing to win in the first turn cause to them

that's unfun, you can dislike that preference for a kinda games with friends instead of the ftk summon million extra deck monsters but that wont stop people from preferring the more causual way of playing

and pretty ironic of a statement considering that's no different in the modern game if not worse cause every deck has the same sorta seachers,extenders and hand traps

and modern yugioh is only ever meta and played competitive unlike yugioh classic which is actually played causually and has games that arent 1 turn and 50 mins long with the guy cycling though half his deck
Have you played old school Yugioh? The OTKs of today are nothing to the loops, FTKs, hand loops of back than

Also agree to disagree. I like this animation focusing on non-anime archetypes