The Legend Of Zelda Discussion Thread

Botw is a open world , go anywhere do anything at anytime and find things sort of game . Dungeons in the previous games were meant to be certain places where you get a new item and more experience and by doing so, progress in the game. In Botw, it is a exploration type of game where you can do anything you want and have to search for what you want.
Although BotW is a open world with basically no limitations, I think in terms of dungeons there should have been a certain kind of linear progress whilst they could have made the puzzles fitting for the BotW gameplay, especially in terms of enemies.
Also, things like keys or even a boss key were quite missing too imo. But I don't really want to brag about this, it is a rather minor detail which I missed. :D

But I understand why the dev team decided to rather focus on the overworld instead of the dungeons this time and that's why, BotW was that successful and great. On the other hand, we'll rather see the more traditional elements into the BotW sequel... I hope lol.

Multiple shrines were made, if they were long dungeons instead ., It would have been too long and boring doing 120 long dungeons and it would consume a lot of time
Well, I think the dev team had to cut a lot of ideas from the original game because they had too many difficulties developing the physics engine. They needed years to develop it.

The overworld is huge, but there is a lack of interior areas. I wish they added something like caves or ruins to explore.
Definitely! Sure, some shrines were really interesting with difficult puzzles but 120 shrines were really too much. Even cutting half of the shrines off would be useful to make huge underground caves.

But as I said, we'll most likely see these things on the sequel.

I really disliked Calamity ganon , thunderblight ganon was more of a challenge and better than him.
dark beast ganon was a fucking tanky joke
Calamity Ganon itself was interesting but like the Divine Beasts, there were four other bosses with identical design...
I died several times against that fucker lmao!
Yep, and a huge disappointment. Dark Beast Ganon barely moved around...
Post automatically merged:

@Levi_Ackerman @Admiral Lee Hung

My top 5 favourite dungeons:

1.) Forest Temple
2.) Stone Tower Temple (as I said, the closest to the Forest Temple)
3.) Arbiter's Grounds
4.) Ancient Cistern
5.) Earth Temple

And my top 5 favourite bosses:

1.) Volvagia
2.) Stallord
3.) Koloktos
4.) Molgera
5.) Bongo Bongo

Ahh okay lol. Maybe Phantom Ganon from OOT then lol.
Another reason why the Forest Temple is the GOAT of the Zelda dungeons imo!

L

Levi_Ackerman

Although BotW is a open world with basically no limitations, I think in terms of dungeons there should have been a certain kind of linear progress whilst they could have made the puzzles fitting for the BotW gameplay, especially in terms of enemies.
Also, things like keys or even a boss key were quite missing too imo. But I don't really want to brag about this, it is a rather minor detail which I missed. :D

But I understand why the dev team decided to rather focus on the overworld instead of the dungeons this time and that's why, BotW was that successful and great. On the other hand, we'll rather see the more traditional elements into the BotW sequel... I hope lol.

Well, I think the dev team had to cut a lot of ideas from the original game because they had too many difficulties developing the physics engine. They needed years to develop it.

Definitely! Sure, some shrines were really interesting with difficult puzzles but 120 shrines were really too much. Even cutting half of the shrines off would be useful to make huge underground caves.

Calamity Ganon itself was interesting but like the Divine Beasts, there were four other bosses with identical design...

1.) Forest Temple
3.) Arbiter's Grounds
4.) Ancient Cistern
5.) Earth Temple

1.) Volvagia
2.) Stallord
3.) Koloktos
4.) Molgera
5.) Bongo Bongo

I guess one of the reasons you have volvagia at the top of your list is because of the manga right :) ? that was so sad :(

1.) Forest Temple
3.) Arbiter's Grounds
4.) Ancient Cistern
5.) Earth Temple

1.) Volvagia
2.) Stallord
3.) Koloktos
4.) Molgera
5.) Bongo Bongo

Forest Temple had everything you would desire from in a zelda dungeon : a cool mansion, 4 poe sisters as mini bosses ,they hide in paintings, Falling Celings, Twisted Pathways , and at the end , a sweet Boss battle with Phantom Ganon.

I guess one of the reasons you have volvagia at the top of your list is because of the manga right
Lol, that's exactly the answer.
Volvagia itself was a very cool looking fire dragon, very fitting on the already amazing Fire Temple who was not that easily either. On my first run, I needed several tries to beat him since Volvagia dealt that much of damage against Link whom had just 7 hearts back then.

But yes, the manga gave the the reason to put Volvagia as my favourite dungeon boss.

L

Levi_Ackerman

Did anyone else here find Dead Hand to NOT be creepy at all ?

It isn't that scary....I didn't even know it was supposed to be scary when I was playing it for the first time.

Nothing in Zelda is scary, the only thing that's a bit eerie is some songs and I love them, especially Shadow temple.

I'm just here to say that i didn't have the luxury in my earlier life to play this masterpiece. I just had like Suikoden Series that i can view as a game with great story and presentation.

I have played the start of Ocarina of Time, the very starting point. It fascinated me, but it was already in career life and thus my job get in the way lol.

If there'd be the time that my workload ever decrease, i'd love to play the series.

Until then, i'm here to watch the comments about a series that receive 5/5 stars and 11/10 stars in almost every game review that ever exists.

I just got to the wasteland tower yesterday put my Shika slate on it but got killed by that giant elephant like twice before I got there.
That Molduga hits hella hard but still, the Lynel is arguably the hardest enemy on this game. I never died that much from another enemy lol

Did anyone else here find Dead Hand to NOT be creepy at all ?
Yeah... I mean, at this point of the story, you have seen redeads, gibdos wallmasters and so on but the Dead Hand is still the creepiest of these things. Seriously, what, is, that???

I hope we get these kind of enemies in BotW2 as well.

L

Levi_Ackerman

That’s an underrated boss right there
:smithnie:

I would say:
Goht-Majora’s Mask

Morpheel-Twilight Princess

Bongo Bongo-Ocarina of Time

Ganondorf-Twilight Princess

Ghirahim-Skyward Sword
I always considered Ghirahim as a final boss together along with demise since you battle him at the end and he becomes demise's sword for the final battle.

Seriously, what, is, that???
Why? What's so scary about that ?
It's just a white beast covered in blood which lives in a room made of skulls , it tries to grab your head and then try to eat it.
It's barely scary.

I guess it scared people who were kids when playing Ocarina of time for the first time. For someone like me who started with Twilight Princess at 10 and played Oot when I was 15, It was barely scary .

Last edited by a moderator:
Lynel is just too grindy cuz of how durable it is. Initially I broke all my weapons on him and he still didn't die lmao.

I had to hunt for better weapons to finally beat him.

Btw I got my first divine beast Van Ruta.
Well, you can make Lv. 3 strength food and you could also comfortably beat a silver Lynel with a few weapons with 30-40 strength.

Or you can try to to stun it by shooting arrows on his face and afterwards, you can ride and hit on the Lynel without losing durability on your weapon.
At best you also wait till the Lynel tries to hit you, you deflect his slash and throw the arrow on his face, that's the easiest method imo.

And how was Vah Ruta?

Nah, I've finished the story 3 times already lol.

I just wanted to know your impressions regarding a BotW dungeon.
Oh I thought it was cool as shit though I hate that I can't get inside it again

I just got my second divine beast.
Holy shit Thunder Blight Ganon was so much harder than Water Blight Ganon @Admiral Lee Hung @Sentinel

Last edited: