Chapter Discussion One Piece Chapter 984: My Bible [Break Week]

Rate the chapter

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
F

Fallen Prince

The whole chapter was great, but the ending of the chapter was fucking fire. Hopefully we finally get some more insight on Ace's time in Wano. Back when Wano first started Otama mentioned Ace was in the Country for weeks, so I knew it was only a matter of time before we get to learn more about his exploits on the island. Now I am starting to wonder if Ace himself challenged Kaido. I wouldn't put it past him as he's not the type of person who would sit idly by and let shit like what's going on in the Country fly. Kaido isn't the type of person to kill off someone he sees that has potential, so perhaps after he defeated Ace he told him to come back when he was stronger. Maybe Kaido thought this was the guy who could potentially kill him one day. Pure head cannon, I know, but man would it be nice if something along the lines of this happened.

I also love the fact that Yamato backed what most fans have been saying for a long time now. Luffy is not being serious at all, and Yamato can see that. What I want to know is if she knows about Luffy from Ace, or if she just knows about him because of his infamy and exploits. So far it doesn't seem anyone from Wano knows that Luffy was Ace's brother. He didn't even bring up that fact to Tama. So if Yamato doesn't know, then I am looking forward to her reaction, and the reactions of others from Wano who knew Ace, when they find out. Those kind of reactions are always some of my favorite panels.

Another thing that dawned on me this chapter, which sadly further indicates to me that the raid is going to end in failure, is that we still know barely anything about the plan to kill Kaido. On WCI, Oda laid the plan of how they were going to crash the wedding out to the readers before anything ever took place. Yet here we are going deeper and deeper into the raid, and we still know barely anything. There will be a success factor of this raid, and that will obviously be the rescue of Momonosuke, but at what cost is it going to come at? Shit is really starting to ramp up, and I can't wait to see how all this plays out.
This is true , after kanjuro's arrival kaido and orochi seemed to have fasstrackw hatever they are scheming . Kaido even looks prepared and barely surprised with alliance arrival party .

Also taking off luffy from such important time really proves the fact Yamato planned something for Alliance i am pretty sure she knows what ever project kaido has sprung on right now but she made her move immediately .

Also what do you think of Greenbull arriving to onigashima ? We know Sengoku warned Akainu and Drake probably asking for a admiral to come up .

Expectation -> Zoro will gather the Samurai

Reality -> Law: Ok

Expectation -> Sanji will save Momo

Jinbe -> Wait for the Samurai. Law: Ok
Expectation: Luffy hit Apoo once and Apoo got white eyed.
Reality: the opposite

Expectation: current Luffy neg diffs Flying Six
Reality: Ulti forced him to G4 and Page One survived G3 with irrelevant damage

Expectation: Current Luffy mid diffs King
Reality: got stalled by even Yamato.

This panel of all the top main villains together looks awesome.:steef:
Everything is now set up for the war, going be really exiting. I think it will start soon, probably after the next two chapters?

Oda take Marco first out of the ring, he probably joining later. I already said it to @Buusatan94 but it seems like Oda really making a Pero vs Marco fight? Is Pero role to hold up Marco? Eitherway how you would feel if both fighting?

This is true , after kanjuro's arrival kaido and orochi seemed to have fasstrackw hatever they are scheming . Kaido even looks prepared and barely surprised with alliance arrival party .

Also taking off luffy from such important time really proves the fact Yamato planned something for Alliance i am pretty sure she knows what ever project kaido has sprung on right now but she made her move immediately .

Also what do you think of Greenbull arriving to onigashima ? We know Sengoku warned Akainu and Drake probably asking for a admiral to come up .
Well I made a theory quite some time ago (Back in the OJ days) that expressed my thoughts on the Marines showing up at the end of Wano, and did so upon what I believe is Vegapunks creations that allowed them to get rid of the Shichibukai system. In my theory it was Kizaru who showed up, and was basically a ramped up version of the buster call. Green Bull would be a good fit as well, as he is still the only Admiral we haven't seen in full yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.