Who will be the Next Strawhat?

• Total voters
Yes, that's precisely what this line implies. Shanks literally lost an arm to save Luffy, there is no reason to think that he wouldn't come to save the giant even if there is a greater force at play (which is debatable btw)

Which is non relevant to begin with. Bonney and her Dad wouldn't be safer on the Sunny than on Elbaf. The motherflame seems to be mobile and can annihilate an enormous zone at once. If Imu wishes to annihilate the Island where the strawhats are standing on, they can do it no matter.

What I say is that Vegapunk is used to make failsafe in his inventions, so its not impossible at all that he installed one on the motherflame.
Yes, they would be safer on the Sunny. They can coup de burst out of range if they get found, and not sure why you're assuming Imu will know where the strawhats are.

They can coup de burst out of range if they get found
For that:

- They would need to be near the Sunny
- They would need to be aware that a menace is here
- They would need to jump all in the sunny
- They would need to set sail
- They would need to actually coup de Burst

Escape time needed : 2 to X minutes. And that's IF the strawhats are aware of the menace.

That's a lots of IF to say that Bonney would be safer with the crew than on Elbaf. The motherflame is deadly no matter Elbaf or the Sunny.

Imu just need what tip and its over.

For that:

- They would need to be near the Sunny
- They would need to be aware that a menace is here
- They would need to jump all in the sunny
- They would need to set sail
- They would need to actually coup de Burst

Escape time needed : 2 to X minutes. And that's IF the strawhats are aware of the menace.

That's a lots of IF to say that Bonney would be safer with the crew than on Elbaf. The motherflame is deadly no matter Elbaf or the Sunny.

Imu just need what tip and its over.
I didn't say she'd be 100% safe, but certainly safeER than staying in Elbaf. And with Luffy to protect her, even admirals are no threat.

@Logiko What interest do you see in Lilith?
The future of Lilith is quite foggy since we didn't get a lot to theorize on.. but there could be a few path:

Vegapunk's death means that the satellites will be cut from the connection to the big brain (that will be terminated with Vegapunk), so it might open a characterization for them to become their "own self"..
- Lilith has a very strong and a bit flawed character. This could open the way for her to evolve a take the lead of the rest of the Vegapunk once they are safe.
- Her and the other satellites could help Franky and the Sunny power up.
- Another path, darker, could lead to her death.. since Vegapunk and Shaka are gone, the rest of the Vegapunks might have a last card in their sleaves to allow the strawhats to flee.

I hope that they will have a way to start again on Elbaf. I don't think the gov will chase them since Vegapunk is about to reveal everything anyway.

Other than that, its hard to say...

Fair.. but that's would still be a LOT of ressources and risk spent just to get back the command of a few pacifista. I stand by what I said about risking a move on either Elbaf or Bonney being really unwise strategically.
Not really. A force that can wipe out an entire CP unit and obeys orders without question, which they spent God only knows how much money developing? It's important enough that the gorosei control them directly. And it's just one little girl keeping them on the other side. She absolutely needs yonko protection. Who's the better protection, the guy who just neg diffed an admiral and made a gorosei cry for help or a country who's most famous combatants lost to mr. 3?

We will see, I'm not convinced
It's also not just about whether or not Elbaf could protect her. There's no way Bonney would accept just sitting on an island and waiting for Luffy to fight the WG. She's a famous pirate in her own right. She'd obviously want to be part of the war against the people that took Kuma's mind, or at least continue adventuring. Like I said, I'm not sure on her joining. I'm at like 40% at best. But imo the only way she doesn't at least continue sailing with them as an ally like Law or Vivi is if somehow the revos can help Kuma and she goes with them. I don't see a scenario where she sits on her ass in Elbaf until the end of the series.

There's no way Bonney would accept just sitting on an island and waiting for Luffy to fight the WG
It depends, if the Satellites find a way to restore a bit Kuma, she might wanna stay with him.

She's a famous pirate in her own right.. She'd obviously want to be part of the war against the people that took Kuma's mind, or at least continue adventuring
She is only 12, let's not forget that tho.

But imo the only way she doesn't at least continue sailing with them as an ally like Law or Vivi is if the revos take Vegapunk and Kuma and have a way to restore his mind. I don't see a scenario where she sits on her ass in Elbaf until the end of the series.
That's probably what will happen. Either she stays with the satellites with her dads or with the revo, but I think its Bonney following the strawhats in the final war is out of the question.

There is nothing really left for her character to explore, her story was finding the killer of her father and finding her Dad.. now that this is done and the "legitimate avenging punch" was delivered, I don't see Oda going farther with her. She will most likely ask Luffy to take down the elders for her and Luffy might take her wish until the final war (a bit like Momo and Tama) but that's it.

Again, I never invent things when it comes to One Piece. I always base my reasonning on narrative facts.

just a reminder, wano also was dubbed as impenetrable country and yet without kaido, it only took greenbull to almost destroy them until shanks step up.

it just shows that being under yonkou probably the safest way to defend yourself from marine/wg rather than hiding in strong country like elbaf/wano.

It depends, if the Satellites find a way to restore a bit Kuma, she might wanna stay with him.

She is only 12, let's not forget that tho.

That's probably what will happen. Either she stays with the satellites with her dads or with the revo, but I think its Bonney following the strawhats in the final war is out of the question.

There is nothing really left for her character to explore, her story was finding the killer of her father and finding her Dad.. now that this is done and the "legitimate avenging punch" was delivered, I don't see Oda going farther with her. She will most likely ask Luffy to take down the elders for her and Luffy might take her wish until the final war (a bit like Momo and Tama) but that's it.
I know I'm the one who started this discussion, but I really don't have time to keep doing this. Let's just agree to disagree.

I still think if Yamato or Carrot had half of what Bonney has going for her, Kuma's death or not, this thread would be progressing quite differently. The only true wild card in all of this is Vivi tbh.

If this was 2010 or 13, Bonney would be head and shoulders the favorite.
Does Bonney has a relevant post ?

CoC: Color of Clowns

We Shall Sail On Every Light Wave
I still think if Yamato or Carrot had half of what Bonney has going for her, Kuma's death or not, this thread would be progressing quite differently. The only true wild card in all of this is Vivi tbh.

If this was 2010 or 13, Bonney would be head and shoulders the favorite.
Was really hoping Vivi would show back up here, but, it looks like Oda is saving her for Pluton... which is fair, since Vivi's country suffered an entire war over Crocodile hunting Pluton.

At this point I'm confident Bonney is joining, but maybe not right away, like Yamato. I'M SURE EVERYONE WOULD JUST LOVE IF THAT HAPPENED.