Spoiler One Piece Chapter 1110 Spoilers Discussion

Should we open the chapter discussion thread for the iffy translation?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
No it wasn't for that. Gag is there just to portray to readers that lucci was never a threat for serious Zoro.

All that stalling was done to keep zoro away from main plot and then link him with labophase plot of Elders trying to break in the barrier

Not a fan of this writing because it's shit tier and oda could have pulled this without giving us a stalled fight but that's how it is
Stalling not done in a proper way...I mean whether u agree or not Oda has shown some struggle from Zoro side as if it was difficult for him to outmatch Lucci in a close combat...
Lucci was never a threat but shouldn;t have stalled in this way...Oda messed up the whole thing

ConquistadoR

The Rogue Prince
It's kinda weird how little people expect out of Shiryu. Fans expect Blackbeard to be > Whitebeard and Roger right? Probably even significantly so. They hype his peak form to the moon.

So Shiryu, as Zoro's main fight in the BB vs Strawhats war, should be a very big problem. I imagine Zoro will need to evolve in some way during the fight, to not get defeated. Maybe it's CoO related yes, but that doesn't dehype Shiryu in any way. It would make him a different kind of threat than someone who is stronger than Zoro in terms of pure, raw firepower. A very big deal all the same.

And keep in mind that the current Zoro is already a monster.
Well, I'm not really saying that Shiryu will be weak tbh. Him being on par with Magellan itself makes him very powerful.

But i find it hard to believe that he can match Zoro pound-for-pound in other aspects of fighting, when he's built like a Hide & Seek merchant.

I just find it hard to believe that Shiryu even needs to be "superior" to Zoro directly instead of being a matchup issue, especially if Oda doesn't make him a CoC user. It's more "I rate Zoro too highly to place Shiryu over him, rather than Shiryu being weak".

Well, I'm not really saying that Shiryu will be weak tbh. Him being on par with Magellan itself makes him very powerful.

But i find it hard to believe that he can match Zoro pound-for-pound in other aspects of fighting, when he's built like a Hide & Seek merchant.

I just find it hard to believe that Shiryu even needs to be "superior" to Zoro directly instead of being a matchup issue, especially if Oda doesn't make him a CoC user. It's more "I rate Zoro too highly to place Shiryu over him, rather than Shiryu being weak".
I still wonder what the hell Magellan has done to make him even remotely impressive

Stalling not done in a proper way...I mean whether u agree or not Oda has shown some struggle from Zoro side as if it was difficult for him to outmatch Lucci in a close combat...
Lucci was never a threat but shouldn;t have stalled in this way...Oda messed up the whole thing
Welp he make it up with Zoro one shot or one hit him.
At the end thats the only one that matters. Zoro One Hit him

This. Luckily for Zoro fans they dont care about story or personality,but just about physical strenght,so they dont even realize how this damages him as a character and as vice-captain,because they are too busy looking at his fighting actions. But,if Oda didnt want him around he should have given him a stronger adversary,so he would have been justified to take this long.
Zoro's character would've been better off with him fighting wave of marine fodders than this lmao

Status
Not open for further replies.