Powers & Abilities Shanks needs better skill

Is Shanks more skilled than Zoro?

• No

• Yes

Results are only viewable after voting.
Word vomit.

Shanks is a swordman with a beloved blade who is the rival and main duel for the current wss.
That alone debunks whatever you wrote.
Everytime we interact (luckily for my brain, we don't interact much), I compile factual information from this story while you become an ostrich digging its head in the sand and resort to "blah, blah, blah"; such as your "Word vomit" here, even though it isn't a word vomit but, again, a compilation of canonical facts from One Piece, each of one I can support with a chapter reference.

It's okay, buddy. I know people like you, mentally handicapped: it's a common trait among them to have trouble assessing grays and considering nuanced perspectives. Which is why you believe I believe Shanks isn't a swordsman, probably because you also believe I have a Shanks > Mihawk agenda driving my contributions to this topic, even though I post stuff like this:

It's not about denying the chance of Mihawk being stronger than Shanks, which he can very well be
Or like this:

Nothing of this prevents Mihawk from being the World's Strongest Swordsman apart from a dai-kengou, though.
Guess why? Because if Oda came and said tomorrow that Mihawk is totally stronger than Shanks I'd be fine with it since it's a scenario I take into consideration and potential acceptance. But while I have no problem considering different possibilities, you simply stick to one and will attack like a dog anybody who confronts your cult-like beliefs.

Again, I compilate every information given in this manga about swordsmanship and build opinions based on it. Your kind, on the contrary, choose to ignore it, normally making up foolish accusations like "You don't think Shanks is a swordsman" (I don't necessarily reject a scenario where Oda ultimately nuances swordsmanship regarding many characters, Shanks include, while at the same time I don't reject either that Shanks is as much of a swordsman as Mihawk and weaker than him) instead of actually building significant reflections on the topic.

The reason, as I explained, is that those like you actually dislike One Piece's swordsmanship and have zero interest in fully understanding it, and therefore dismiss 90% of what makes swordsmanship in this universe.

A reality that, by the way, makes your life even more wasteful that it must already be since you spend who knows how many hours a day posting in a forum about a topic you won't even embrace as you should; which is why, everytime I compilate for you the, I repeat, factual nuances, informations, etc. we've been given about One Piece's swordsmanship since day one, you will dismiss it all by calling it "word vomit".

Word vomit that can be directly traced to explicit statements in canonical chapters, though. But your kind are too afraid to even consider nuances because that makes it harder to take strong positions about things, which I bet you have a hard time with even in your real life. Good luck with that, I guess.

HA001

World's Strongest Swordsman
Everytime we interact (luckily for my brain, we don't interact much), I compile factual information from this story while you become an ostrich digging its head in the sand and resort to "blah, blah, blah"; such as your "Word vomit" here, even though it isn't a word vomit but, again, a compilation of canonical facts from One Piece, each of one I can support with a chapter reference.

It's okay, buddy. I know people like you, mentally handicapped: it's a common trait among them to have trouble assessing grays and considering nuanced perspectives. Which is why you believe I believe Shanks isn't a swordsman, probably because you also believe I have a Shanks > Mihawk agenda driving my contributions to this topic, even though I post stuff like this:

Or like this:

Guess why? Because if Oda came and said tomorrow that Mihawk is totally stronger than Shanks I'd be fine with it since it's a scenario I take into consideration and potential acceptance. But while I have no problem considering different possibilities, you simply stick to one and will attack like a dog anybody who confronts your cult-like beliefs.

Again, I take compilate every information given in this manga about swordsmanship and build opinions based on it. Your kind, on the contrary, choose to ignore it, normally making up foolish accusations like "You don't think Shanks is a swordsman" (I don't necessarily reject a scenario where Oda ultimately nuances swordsmanship regarding many characters, Shanks include, while at the same time I don't reject either that Shanks is as much of a swordsman as Mihawk and weaker than him) instead of actually building significant reflections on the topic.

The reason, as I explained, is that those like you actually dislike One Piece's swordsmanship and have zero interest in fully understanding it, and therefore dismiss 90% of what makes swordsmanship in this universe.

A reality that, by the way, makes your life even more wasteful that it must already be since you spend who knows how many hours a day posting in a forum about a topic you won't even embrace as you should; which is why, everytime I compilate for you the, I repeat, factual nuances, informations, etc. we've been given about One Piece's swordsmanship since day one, you will dismiss it all by calling it "word vomit".

Word vomit that can be directly traced to explicit statements in canonical chapters, though.
As always no response.

I'm saying your point is NONSENSE people like Shanks and Roger LOVE their swords they have BELOVED blades which have been called CONSTANT COMPANIONS IN BATTLE for them.
Roger loved his so much he named his son after it.
You don't have any nuance
The worlds strongest swordsman rival and biggest fight for you has nuance to say isn't a swordsman

Whys mihawk wasted his time with him then ?

No, the people who do that are the ones who say things like Shanks/Roger aren't swordsmen because "their attack didn't cut/it was a haki bar" ignoring the statement that swordsmen can choose what to cut and what not to. Seems like Zoro fanboys are the only ones paying attention to nuances.
Would be a relevant answer if I said that. Even if I got into this, I could simply say that the swordsman who chooses not to cut doesn't destroy their objective with a hit of whatever that wasn't even meant to cut in the first place but damage bluntly; this swordsman actually doesn't destroy, like Zoro gently passing his blade by a leaf without slashing it as he chose to cut the rock. That's what "choosing what to cut" is about, not liberating a blast of haki with whatever tool, be it a sword or not and, surprise, not cutting with it because it's not necessarily a cutting attack to begin with.

Again, choosing not to cut isn't, so far, blasting a person with haki and, well, bluntly blasting instead of slashing them; it's touching a body with a sharp blade without leaving a cut on it in spite of said sharpness, at least if we stick to the confirmed canon depiction of how it works. If future information say otherwise, then we will reconsider.

Anyways, it's not only about the breath of things but tons of other nuances. The moment King, a sword user, explicitly rejected to be considered a swordsman; the moment a slash with a claw had a skill behind that turned it into a sword style; etc.; the moment all of you guys should be a bit more cautious about anything you say on swordsmanship because it's painfully obvious Oda doesn't see this topic as simply as you do.

And while I'd be fine with any scenario that ends up being the truth, it's clear many here have a hard time accepting other perspectives.

Despite being a fan favorite and Oda's self-insert, the RedHaired pirate is lacking feat-wise.

This is 2nd time he is losing to Zoro. The first time he lost to Zoro is in comparison between Dragon Damnation and Kamusari:
https://worstgen.alwaysdata.net/for...did-it-better-redhaired-or-greenhaired.40225/

This is 2nd time he lost to Zoro as he needed way more effort in order to eliminate a target that Zoro eliminated effortlessly.
Shanks was pressed hard by a glimpse of what Kidd's rail gun would do to ships of his allies and instantly went all out.

He used Kamusari, a skill on Pirate King level, coated into nothing less than aCoC, just like Pirate King coated the same attack.
To be fair, Shanks might be more skilled than Pirate King and have some skill superior to Kamusari but it is his signature move regardless.
One thing is certain, he used the power of a handful of the very strongest in order to buff Kamusari to take Kidd out.
And that is his peak haki as he most likely will not show anything superior to it because KOH is unique to Zoro.

There is also another thing that needs to be addressed and that is the strength of their targets, Kidd and Lucci.
Anyone who power scales well knows that Lucci is superior to Kidd and would win in a fight but overall let's say they are in the same ballpark.
One thing we know for sure is that it is definitely harder to put down an Awakened Zoan than Kidd.

While Shanks nearly went all out with 100% of his power, Zoro didn't even need 5% of his power to put down a tougher target.
Yes, that is 5%, not a typo of 50%. Five percent of his total power is all that Zoro needs while Shanks goes close to 100%, probably.

How did I come up with 5%? Well, I may not be a math genius but one doesn't need to be to begin with to approximately calculate this...
Zoro at 100% power is Zoro in Demon God coated in King of Hell haki state. Let's go down from there.

We know that Demon God triples his power so let's split 100% into 3 parts to determine how strong he is in Santoryu - ~33% of power.
But that is still buffed by KOH which isn't present in the move that took Lucci out. Let's reduce that buff too.
We know thanks to Pound Ho skill that CoA buffed Zoro's power by 10 times, taking 36/72/108 Pound Ho to 360/720/1080 Pound Ho.
And recently Luffy pointed out they're 100 times stronger than they were when they met Kizaru 1st time so aCoC coating would also be 10x.
Let's remove that buff from 33% as well
. We are down to 3.3% of Zoro's power.

That would be the number we were looking for if Zoro's haki peak was a mere aCoC but he has something a step above that, the King of Hell that is made of aCoC and fuming CoA. So, we would have to split 33% of Zoro's power into an even smaller number than 3.3% but we don't know exactly how much stronger KOH is than aCoC.
I told yall I am no math genius but this is disrespectful to Shanks. :crazwhat:

@Monkey D Monkey @kenedyfake @Topi Jerami @Sentinel @comrade @Den_Den_Mushi @trav @Demongodzolo @Marimo_420 @Aknolagon @Cyrus the Cactus @Rivaille @Monet @Garp the Fist @Gol D. Roger @Afroking @ImmaIvanoM @MarineHQ @Luffy bin Dragon @Luffy is the mc @Rmstorm @Fleet Leader Fenaker @yj @Fiji @Playa4321 @Guan Yu @Ice devil slayer @Sword God Ryuma @Zenos7 @Akai2 @MasterD @RayanOO @Haoshoku @Dark Hound @Camie @Thabeast @style @zorojurou @RyumaZoro @Gon’s Missing Arm @Yo Tan Wa @Orojackson Refugee @Sunita @IceWitch @ShadyOjiro @LolonoisZolo @Grumpy Zoro @HA001 OF THE RAIN @Natalija @Enma @Rukusho @Sade @Sadistic Senpai @stormylife @Geo @Reborn @Cinera @ShishioIsBack @Shishi @Nidai_Kitetsu @Mikail @mly90 @The White Crane @Gauntlet @Kuro Ashi @sanjikun @Extravlad @Lion of Olympus @Buusatan94 @AL sama @Patryipe @Kiwipom @Owl Ki @Salah WG @stairs-kun @BOCCHI @EtenBoby @Fujishiro @Bogard @Punpun @Seth @Elder Lee Hung @I'mTired @Gensui Sazid @Marco @Erkan12 @Blackbeard @Alpha @matt245 @God D usopp @Shanal @ConquistadoR @Jet Pistol @Captain Luffy @Brendan Schaub @park_min young @Daikenki @WesMidnight @serialwinnerv7 @Malick the last Light @yorosenpai @Shinsekai @King of the world @ShadowStyle369 @Daikenki @Seth @LadyVados @BornInAbyss @Fuckthis3 @ShiNoGekai @hayze moya @Meeyori @Franosuke @wys @Lor D. Coast @Kerkovian @wordy @Psychiatrist @kumae @Mr. Reloaded @Taylor_ @ChefboiiFuego @Blazing Lion @grey matter @Owari Da @Malio @OGshine @HAJI @Kurozumi Giggio @Mr.Baj1o @Red Admiral @Mr.9000 @Vanlax @Bt7207. @Croco boy @Herrera95 @JayKitetsu @LilPanda @hedera__helix @Redboy776 @Cruxroux @JoNdule @Veku @Monster Zoro's Tesla Supplier

The difference here is Lucci will wake up and be okay. Shanks ended Kidds career. He destroyed his past, present, future, dreams and crew. All in one hit. It was a show of strength sometimes it's needed.

HA001

World's Strongest Swordsman
The difference here is Lucci will wake up and be okay. Shanks ended Kidds career. He destroyed his past, present, future, dreams and crew. All in one hit. It was a show of strength sometimes it's needed.
Nah lucci is finished.
This is devastating for him, not only has he had his shit rocked by Luffy who he said doesn't accept as a yonko he just been folded by the number 2. You can't recover from this.

Shanks is the Garp of swordsmen.

Raw stats + AdvCOC spam and not much techniques compared Zoro and Mihawk.

It's all about power moves.

Zoro has a lot of moves in his arsenal for different scenarios.

I expect Mihawk to be the same, considering Mihawk even has small knife mode.

So long story short, even when someone with a sword doesn't consider themselves a swordsman, they're still matched up against Zoro, almost as if to show that the path to WSS means surpassing anyone with a sword.
Which one of Zoro's opponents was a stronger Swordsman than him, that he needed to surpass? Kaku? Ryuma? The only two legit characters Zoro has fought that an argument could be made for. Zoro was a stronger Swordsman by far than every other opponent he fought. His struggles against his other opponents lied elsewhere, and not in regards to Swordsmanship.

Which one of Zoro's opponents was a stronger Swordsman than him, that he needed to surpass? Kaku? Ryuma? The only two legit characters Zoro has fought that an argument could be made for. Zoro was a stronger Swordsman by far than every other opponent he fought. His struggles against his other opponents lied elsewhere, and not in regards to Swordsmanship.
Kaku and King were stronger, he got a PU to defeat them.
Zoro has defeated non swordsmen the whole story, Lucci being the latest one. The purpose? To show swordsmen superiority.

Kaku and King were stronger, he got a PU to defeat them.
Zoro has defeated non swordsmen the whole story, Lucci being the latest one. The purpose? To show swordsmen superiority.
Take away Kings Sword leaving only his Lunarian Genes and have Zoro fight him.

Take away his Lunarian Genes leaving him with only a Sword and have Zoro fight him.

Zoro wins one of those scenarios without a PU...... Hint: *It's not the first scenario.*

Take away Kings Sword leaving only his Lunarian Genes and have Zoro fight him.

Take away his Lunarian Genes leaving him with only a Sword and have Zoro fight him.

Zoro wins one of those scenarios without a PU...... Hint: *It's not the first scenario.*
"Take away his powers and Zoro wins"
That's great, remove Kaido's oni biology and dragon scales and Oden would've oneshotted him.

Nah lucci is finished.
This is devastating for him, not only has he had his shit rocked by Luffy who he said doesn't accept as a yonko he just been folded by the number 2. You can't recover from this.
Kinda true. And it's actually really nice he got destroyed by an underling. He was disrespecting Luffy a lot. He is bouncing back though. After the arc