Is jinbe gonna witness greatness soon?

• Total voters
:pepemy: thank you
Post automatically merged:

:doffycry:
I'm here though!
:akaman::akaman::akaman::akaman::akaman::akaman:

@Fiji aka the Zoro Expert, in your opinion should Oda have expanded the relationship between Zoro, Wano, Shusui? I think we know your answer to that, assuming that's a yes How?

Same question but the relation between Zoro and Yasu as well

What also would you have like to have seen from Oda in regards to Zoro before the war?

Edit: Anyone can answer, i just asked him because he has his video analysis as well

Last edited:

Seth

𝐊𝐨𝐤𝐮𝐭𝐨 𝐒𝐡𝐮𝐬𝐮𝐢
Do you think that Oda making Luffy meet Yamato alone is because Zoro wouldn't act happy go lucky like Luffy about talking with Kaido's children?

:akaman::akaman::akaman::akaman::akaman::akaman:

@Fiji aka the Zoro Expert, in your opinion should Oda have expanded the relationship between Zoro, Wano, Shusui? I think we know your answer to that, assuming that's a yes How?

Same question but the relation between Zoro and Yasu as well

What also would you have like to have seen from Oda in regards to Zoro before the war?

Edit: Anyone can answer, i just asked him because he has his video analysis as well
I think Oda actually did a pretty god job in subtly establishing and developing Zoro's motivations in this arc. Zoro is more motivated in this battle than he has ever been in any other arc. His entire heart is in this fight. He wants to avenge Yasuie, it's the first time he is fighting with a motive and we know he isn't a man to usually fight with a motive.

What I really like about the way Oda has handled it is that it is very very subtle and easy to miss. But it's still there, Zoro's role in the arc is overshadowed by Luffy and other characters because they're a lot more vocal and the tone of their scenes is a lot more memorable, whereas with Zoro, it's handled extremely cleverly.

The reason I like this is because it is setting Zoro up to be the saviour of Wano, to slay Kaido and play the most prominent role in the battle alongside Luffy, but it is still going to be a surprise. Oda loves to make things mysterious and unexpected, he isn't making it clear to us that this is Zoro's time to shine, but he has definitely laid the groundwork and foundation for a Zoro centric climax.

When it comes to Shusui, yes, I am very disappointed in the way Oda handled that. I really hope when Zoro visits Ryuma's grave that is expanded upon, and we get to see what he's thinking a little more. Zoro has been his calm and stoic self for a lot of this arc, which is fine, but I want him to be a lot more vocal and really explain what his thoughts are.

Zoro's relationship with Wano is GREAT imo, he had developed a relationship with Yasuie which now serves as his primary motivation in this battle and he has also developed relationships with Hiyori and Toko, two people who need saving. Two people who Zoro may feel like he needs to save.

What would I have liked to have seen from Zoro before the war? I would have liked him to gather the samurai. Like he said he would. I would've also liked to see Zoro address Big Mom's presence.. it was definitely a massive missed opportunity from Oda in Chapter 958 and it actually really annoyed me. Why introduce that entire plotline back in Zou to begin with? Zoro was so passionate about not starting issues with another Yonko whilst we have Kaido to deal with, now Big Mom's here, and he still doesn't care.

It's weird. And annoying. I just wish Zoro felt more like a character lately.. his stoicism takes away from him at times. He needs to talk more. Share his thoughts. Contribute. Feel like a vital piece in this war. So far he has felt very overshadowed. And if this is intentional by Oda.. then I hope it changes, soon.

But overall, I am fairly happy with the way Zoro has been handled so far in Wano. He's probably my favourite thing about this arc so far. His plotlines have been the most engaging for me, but Wano overall hasn't been anything terrific so that isn't anything shocking anyway.