Controversial One Piece is gross and creepy

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sure there are million of people (men or women) who are showering with their kids out of necessity without being any problems mate. I think you are really over reacting in order to take a shot at One Piece.

I'm usually the one here explaining why some things are wrong or toxic, and indeed, Oda's portrayal of Bonney is really borderline. But here, you guys are inventing literal stuff out of nowhere.

You could talk for example how Oda is making Sanji peek in women's bath or the fact that Oda is depicting some transgender as gross pervy boy chasing individuals, but you prefer to overreact on Momo having a bath with Robin or Nami...

Come on guys.. you can do better.
bro we're just looking at the few incidents we have brought to attention

how about we discuss the fact Oda doesn't draw women well and on top of that he doesn't know how to write one either?

except when he's writing a shotacon theme

--

Also Logiko... I would really appreciate it if you commented on my "The One Piece Creates a Kingdom" thread. I respect your opinion on the story.

Robin, the underage orphan that lives under Batman's rules.

He later dies fighting against psichopaths.

You see no problem here, but you see a problem in Momo bath
There is a conceptual disconnect...one is about a guy who's parents died to thugs and has to deal with thugs and himself everyday and his relationship with robin actually has substance so his death has meaning.

Momo being a creep in the bath and nami using her body to get money out of him is straight up disgusting

I'm sure there are million of people (men or women) who are showering with their kids out of necessity without being any problems mate. I think you are really over reacting in order to take a shot at One Piece.

I'm usually the one here explaining why some things are wrong or toxic, and indeed, Oda's portrayal of Bonney is really borderline. But here, you guys are inventing literal stuff out of nowhere.

You could talk for example how Oda is making Sanji peek in women's bath or the fact that Oda is depicting some transgender as gross pervy boy chasing individuals, but you prefer to overreact on Momo having a bath with Robin or Nami...

Come on guys.. you can do better.
In which universe was it a neccessity for Nami and Robin to bathe with him ? Theres difference between bathing him and bathing with him. Its completely gross and you show heavy heavy bias towards women....so shame on you. If this was Tama and Ace you'd be the first one crying. But of course im assuming women can do no wrong for you. And again dont skip the that Nami was using her body to try to persuade Momo, which makes the baths even worse.

Bro Sanji being a perv is talked about all the time. This isnt something that is rarely discussed. And yh again stop trying to change the point of my thread.

What do you think is the age where generally kids should stop showering with adult women whether aunt, sister or mother ?
I don't know I'm not a kid doctor and I don't have kids, but stopping before the start of puberty should be logical, no ?

on top of that he doesn't know how to write one either?
I think you don't read One Piece. If there is one writer who knows how to write women, its Oda. You might be confusing the way he draw them and the way he writes them.

But bro we're making a point that adult themes aren't supposed to be in One Piece...
???? I think I never seen such a disconnected take about One Piece.

I don't know I'm not a kid doctor and I don't have kids, but stopping before the start of puberty should be logical, no ?

I think you don't read One Piece. If there is one writer who knows how to write women, its Oda. You might be confusing the way he draw them and the way he writes them.

???? I think I never seen such a disconnected take about One Piece.
... okay I CHALLENGE you

Which female did Oda write well, then?

I respect your opinion on the story. I like you, I do - which is why it hurts me to do this. But, if you ask the other fans if Oda writes females well they're going to tell you NO.

Who did he write well? Curly Dandan?? Lmao

@Chrono my dude, if you can't handle mature stuff in One Piece of all things then you can't handle Seinen manga like Kingdom, Vinland Saga and such Lmao.
Tell me who carries out all the atrocities and messed up things within these stories ? Is it the main character/good guy....or is it the villains.

My problem with OP isnt the fact that this is happening. But the fact that its the main characters/good guys doing it. The fact that its shown as gags or funny business. OP takes everything such as slavery and genocide seriously. But all this gross child perversion is shown as funny traits of the MCs.

Tell me who carries out all the atrocities and messed up things within these stories ? Is it the main character/good guy....or is it the villains.

My problem with OP isnt the fact that this is happening. But the fact that its the main characters/good guys doing it. The fact that its shown as gags or funny business. OP takes everything such slavery and genocide seriously. But all this gross child perversion is shown as funny traits of the MCs.
Yeah. No, that should be the main issue.

As you've pointed out, and others pointed out, it's not surprise for villains to be evil or do evil things, but when people like Brook sniff the panties of a woman who seems to be in her twenties but is actually only 12 it becomes a problem. He didn't do that, but Blackbeard definitely asked her to be his woman.

Yeah. No, that should be the main issue.

As you've pointed out, and others pointed out, it's not surprise for villains to be evil or do evil things, but when people like Brook sniff the panties of a woman who seems to be in her twenties but is actually only 12 it becomes a problem. He didn't do that, but Blackbeard definitely asked her to be his woman.
Yh exacrtly. For example no one goes crazy on Togashi for making Hisoka a p*do. Its unnesscary and made me dislike him....but I can carry on reading it knowing that Hisoka isnt meant to be a good guy. Ffs bro ate part of his arm for jokes.

But if Leorio were to end up as a P*do that would be a different story.

My problem with OP isnt the fact that this is happening. But the fact that its the main characters/good guys doing it. The fact that its shown as gags or funny business. OP takes everything such as slavery and genocide seriously. But all this gross child perversion is shown as funny traits of the MCs.
In Kingdom, rape/massacre/genocide usually happens by the "villains" but they're not really villains. They're just people of different nations doing that to each other. The MC doesn't do that kind of stuff but his home state sometimes does that.

Same for Vinland Saga, Thorfinn doesn't do those kind of stuff but his "group" does that and Thorfinn doesn't even bat an eye to it.

As for the things you said about OP, well, it's definitely weird that the good guys does it but it's Japan we're talking about here. Their moralities are different compared to Western/European audiences. What's funny for Oda is not funny for some.

Status
Not open for further replies.