General & Others How much better would One Piece be without fake deaths?

How much would the story improve without Fake Death’s?

• Total voters
One Piece for me is about a 7.8/10 now if I remove the fake deaths the story becomes a 9.5/10 (by shonen standards)
Death dramatically improves this story for me, but I know some people may feel different . I’m not saying Oda has to kill characters left and right but don’t put so much damn effort into the fake death moments.

leave your thoughts…..

RayanOO

Lazy is the way
One Piece for me is about a 7.8/10 now if I remove the fake deaths the story becomes a 9.5/10 (by shonen standards)
Death dramatically improves this story for me, but I know some people may feel different . I’m not saying Oda has to kill characters left and right but don’t put so much damn effort into the fake death moments.

leave your thoughts…..

Orochi fake death didn’t really bothered me

But yeah all the others were quite cheap and would make the story better

Not a lot better but still better. The reader would be more impacted and involved when something like that happens.

TheAncientCenturion

I will never forgive Oda
‎‎‎
I can’t speak for any other person but a big part of my dissatisfaction with the series right now is a lack of proper stakes or tension. Ever since the flashback ended, there’s been absolutely nothing to reinforce the danger the crew is in.

Removing the frequently recurring trope of fake out deaths would help a bit. I’d believe characters are more likely to be in danger when it arises.

massively better. pell was probably the most offensive one.
seems like weird editorial decision that sad deaths should usually only be in flashbacks. for villains, oda doesn't want to touch the morality of who luffy kills or doesn't, which is fine i guess

pedro and cobra will be back next week