Speculations Tashigi HAS to be strong enough to fight Zoro EoS

Nah he disrespects them

he is willing to cut off King’s wing and kill a baroque works agent but won’t cut tashigi.

Remember Mihawk vs Zoro in East blue? Mihawk didn’t need to cut Zoro to defeat him, but did so anyways as a sign of respect.

Zoro is sexist
Post automatically merged:
Tashigi is different. She is a good person nevertheless so he won’t hurt her when he doesn’t have to. If she was a threat then he might’ve hurt her but he didn’t need to. When T-bone was in the way of Zoro, he felt bad for attacking him because he was a good guy but as Zoro said there are things that matters more on the line (ie getting Robin back). But when he was faced by the galela company shipwrights (who were said to be strong fighters) he only used the back of his swords because he didn’t want to hurt them.
Zoro does have a classic man of honor mentality where he thinks men should toughen up while having soft spot for women and children but at the same time he doesn’t think lowly of them or their strength.

The Monet fight was a way to show that Zoro would hurt a woman when he has to. He said that if Tashigi didn’t end Monet, he would. Whether that’s a bluff or not, we don’t know.
He has never faced a strong female opponent that would stop him from going forward unless he needs to hurt her like Sanji with Kalifa and BlackMaria.

He did give Miss Monday a free pass at first but when she continued getting in his way (hurting him), he didn’t show her mercy so my point stands.

Nah he disrespects them

he is willing to cut off King’s wing and kill a baroque works agent but won’t cut tashigi.

Remember Mihawk vs Zoro in East blue? Mihawk didn’t need to cut Zoro to defeat him, but did so anyways as a sign of respect.

Zoro is sexist

Thing is tho he doesn’t even need to do that

hs just needs Tashigi to be strong enough to give a payoff to the kuina stuff

idk why people are so unwilling to see that this is an unresolved issue.

Tashigi is Kuina 2.0
True, Tashigi just need be strong enough but I would like to imagine Oda adding more to it. If not for the 2000 plus matches, then Tashigi parrying Zoro attacks and pinning him to a wall like in Longuetown will be good.

Because a lot people don't care about Zoro as a character but as a tool to feed their power fantasy from my humble opinion.

Dude Zoro vs Tashigi is a love story not a rival one.
Yeah that pin to the wall was so unnecessary:arnoling:.
I can’t see Zoro doing that with someone else.

I won’t complain if Oda pulls this. If Coby can turn from a weak child civilian to one of the strongest characters because of ambition and insane training, Captain Tashigi should be able to grow strong enough to put up a fight against Zoro (still lose tho).

Last edited:
Tashigi is a female swordsman who shares Kuina’s face. Yet Zoro has never taken her seriously.
Because to be frank, at 21 years old Tashigi was aruably a worse swordswoman than Kuina was at 11. Zoro prior to meeting her was regularly beating up adults, lifting rocks larger than himself by ten times, shit like that.

And he lost over two thousand times to her. Tashigi is so inferior to Zoro that I would argue he could have a extreme diff fight against another swordsman and no diff/one shot her durinmg the fight as a side effect. There has been NO situation where he had to take her seriously. Like, he could be at death door and he still wrecks her. He beat Hatchan during Arlong park right after Mihawk at the end of the day.

You think even current Tashigi could do that? Because I doubt it.

Who cares about agendas. If Oda doesn't wanna be viewed as a closet sexist, he needs ro resolve this subtle plot that is a cloud over Zoros head.
I don't think that he cares, otherwise he wouldn't have treated not only Tashigi, but also Big Mom, Smoothie, Rebecca and other female characters as terribly as he did.

I don't think that he cares, otherwise he wouldn't have treated not only Tashigi, but also Big Mom, Smoothie, Rebecca and other female characters as terribly as he did.
Hopefully the live adaption of One Piece will showcase Tashigi in a better light because Nami sure got it in season 1.

Oda is finally doing a little good with Bonney. So it's not too late.

Hopefully the live adaption of One Piece will showcase Tashigi in a better light because Nami sure got it in season 1.

Oda is finally doing a little good with Bonney. So it's not too late.
I am afraid that it's too little, too late.
Not helped by the Nika stuff, which I hate.