Speculations Tashigi HAS to be strong enough to fight Zoro EoS

Because ya'll only ever talk about how strong and badass he is, and now it seems the whole fanbase wants to avoid giving him a significant moment facing his past with Tashigi just because ya'll prefer him to fodderize her.
When we all wanted more focus on zoro character backstory connection to shimotsuki you luffy fanboys were crying he wasn't the mc

@Monkey D Theories is absolutely right on this. I've never seen a thread that so clearly shows how Zoro fans care ONLY about strength and no other aspect of Zoro's character. I wish more people liked his backstory and funny moments like me.
Zoro is stoic character my blud.
There are threads on zori being responsible member of the crew and how protects the crew in his own way.
And zori isn't gag charaxter to have many funny moments. Sure some are fine everyone enjoys it.

But tf it has to do with tashigi?

Also their relationship that was clearly deemed as important during Loguetown, Alabasta and Punk Hazard arcs suffer from the lack of encounters and meetings between the two and how totally sidelined Smoker and Tashigi have been since PH.
You haven't watched the LA yet?
There is a big chance that Tashigi & Smoker may be bigger character in the LA base on how well it treated Coby. Fingers cross.

Zoro would never cut Tashigi down. He knows she's not a bad person.

Zoro's not as chivalrous as Sanji, like he'll cut a woman down if she's a threat or barely looks like a woman like Big Mom, but someone like Tashigi who will never be on his level, he will never fight seriously.

Maybe he'd duel with her in an epilogue or use the back of his swords on her at most, but he would never draw blood from Tashigi. Yes, he's wrong and women can be strong, but Tashigi's just not that guy bruh. She is and will forever be Zoro's damsel - for her to be a threat to Zoro, she'd have to significantly surpass Smoker which will also never happen.

When we all wanted more focus on zoro character backstory connection to shimotsuki you luffy fanboys were crying he wasn't the mc
Another wasted opportunity to develop Zoro's character. Wano could also have been a great place for Tashigi to develop her character, grow in power and for the two to develop their relation but well it's not like Wano was lacking in disappointments anyway.

>Tashigi is a very crucial character in Zoro’s story arc.
The only thing tashigi ever accomplished regarding zoro was giving us this gem by zori establishing as the king of chuds who never seen or believed in existence of female swordswoman at the age of 19

She is not crucial whatsoever

Last edited:
Show me where I did that? I'm not even a Luffy fan. Zoro's backstory in Wano was a huge missed opportunity and I was annoyed that Oda skipped it. The Luffy crew was wrong on that one, but the Zoro crew is wrong on this one.

The only thing tashigi ever accomplished regarding zoro was giving us this gem by zori establishing as the king of chuds who never seen or believed in existence of female swordswoman at the age of 19

-the guy who lost many times to a female swordsman

Tashigi is a very crucial character in Zoro’s story arc. She’s not comparable to Zoro’s other rivals like Killer or Kaku.

Zoro’s story starts with Kuina. Kuina wanted to be WSSM, but doubted she could do it because she was a woman. Zoro said otherwise, but subsequently afterward, Kuina died falling down the stairs.

This is a crucial moment in Zoro’s life as it essentially instilled into Zoro the idea that women are fragile. This is why Zoro doesn’t respect female characters the same as he does male characters. Hence he did not cut Tashigi or Monet.

Tashigi is a female swordsman who shares Kuina’s face. Yet Zoro has never taken her seriously.

As it stands, the current narrative basically states that sexism is correct, and Kuina was right in doubting that she could be WSSM due to being female.

This basically goes contrary to what Zoro stood for in his flashback and would be dogshit writing if Oda actually goes through with it. So what is the solution? Is Oda just sexist?

I think not. I think Oda will inevitably shift the narrative via tashigi.

Tashigi has likely grown stronger off screen and she will continue to do so until inevitably, she will be strong enough to fight Zoro. Not defeat Zoro. Not even push Zoro to high diff. But at least hold her own long enough to make Zoro acknowledge her and see the spirit of Kuina in her.

Tashigi will remind Zoro that he was right, that a woman with enough will could possibly WSSM, even if Tashigi is still ultimately weaker than Zoro. Through Tashigi, Zoro will briefly be able to relive his rivalry with Kuina, though this time with the roles reversed.

Zoro will respectfully defeat Tashigi, cutting her down as Mihawk did to him in East blue.

Ultimately idk and idc how Oda makes Tashigi strong enough to fight Zoro. Maybe give her an asspull DF. Reveal she was doing haki training with Bogard since Law beat her in Punk Hazard. Give her a supreme grade. It doesn’t matter.

Tashigi needs to be able to at least fight Zoro without getting instantly neg diffed like she did in chapter 100.

Otherwise her character is pointless. Oda is a sexist. And women<men.

I’d like to have enough faith that Oda has the IQ points to give Zoro and Tashigi a satisfying storyline.

but who knows.
I love Tashigi! She SHOULD be integral to Zoro and his backstory. I love Smoker. Tashigi and Smoker should be important characters in OP. That said, Oda does not seem to think the same. It isn't sexism. It is prioritizing characters by the author. In Oda's eyes, judging by this present arc, Bonney>even Sanji, Robin and Nami in Oda's mind. Go figure.

The haki power creep is so massive it's not even funny. When you have current Koby pulling mountain level attacks, you get the idea of how much of a game changer Haki is in comparison to preskip powerlevels
That hand no mountain bitch.

Any version of pre time skip Straw Hats get mopped by any EoS character.
Tell how tashigi tanks shishisonson or Ashura.
Thess two were strongest attack in whole of SH crew arsenal.

That panel is so dumb
:kobeha::kobeha:
What you mean mf "i guess female swordsman do exist" you lost 2000 times to one:risitameh:

EOS Tashigi is getting her ass kicked by current Brook :kobeha:
I still find it funny how Monet almost stole her soul while barely using her weapons while Smoker was duking it out with Vergo and knocking him to the ground and everything
Oda had such a weird gap between Tashigi and the others in power lol it's like he doesn't even care to throw her a bone