General & Others On a scale of 1-10 How Close are you to Dropping One Piece?

How close are you?

• Total voters
Five years ago I would’ve thought this idea crossing my mind to be insane because I have never loved a story as I love One Piece. Now I am more frustrated than satisfied every week since Wano.

My gripe is the lack of strawhats focus. They and their bond are 90% the reason I love the story. When I see uninteresting new side characters become the entire focus for months while the SHs are neglected for no good reason, I feel like there is no reason for me to continue reading/watching.

This is not just about my favs‘ agenda, their absence makes no sense story wise either. It was good when it made sense like in Marine ford which is one of the best arcs even tho it didn’t have SHs besides luffy.

What make this more frustrating is that this is the final saga. The story is ending soon while the “main cast” besides Luffy is still ignored for years and more new characters are introduced and elaborated on for no important story reasons.

Last edited:
Sometimes I ask myself why I keep returning to One Piece, perhaps it's because I have watched and read for many years, perhaps it's because I am still clinging to the hope that the story will regain some better quality even if I am skeptical, perhaps it's because of this forum, perhaps it's because I still feel some attachement to some OP characters even if I know that they won't get the story and better treatment that they deserve.

But still it really saddens me how much the story has fallen during the Yonko saga.

Dont know unlikely? Obviously I can't look into the future but I get a lot of enjoyment from reading still after a decade plus
If not I would drop it in a second, this I "need" to shit is weak mindset
I'm surprised with how overly negative this forum gets about the chapters every week that the overwhelming majority voted 0 :risitavirus:

Like where the fuck are you guys?
Dead ass addiction imagine forcing yourself to do something you don't enjoy got FREE :josad:

Last edited:
I'll never "drop" it as I've invested too many years and time reading it, but lately, I've been frustrated by how long Oda takes to complete arcs. Wano was so tedious except for a few moment involving Law and Zoro imo. 4 yrs to complete that arc was beyond ridiculous. I was enjoying Egg Head but I'm irritated by Oda's chapter after chapter of hype build up that never pays up. The last 2-3 chapters have been nothing but senseless hype build up that goes nowhere. How damned long have we got to wait to hear that damned recorded message already, ffs?!

K!NG HARA$H!MA

Hustlerversity Graduate
Dropping OP also means you'll lose touch with your online friends in One Piece community btw

As 80% of conversation with is always OP related,

This is what keeps people reading OP more than the content of OP itself