Controversial Is dating really as hard as some people say it is?

What do you think I did in my 20's ?
Care to elaborate ? Are you gonna drop some lore about the ladies you screwed ? :crazwhat:

sometimes people will reject you based on look, but those people will be mostly men.

Talk to women guys, you might find out that looks is not really their first priority in relationships.
You should be awarded the douchebag award of this forum. "Mostly men" argument is sheer garbage. You could bring up the fullest of shit assholes of polls about men-women caring about appearance for attraction. This wouldn't and doesn't change that it still matters a lot for anyone.

And you're intentionally mixing things up with your typical arrogance and sophism. You think you're fighting the same person by multi-quoting the whole thread. You take the most cringe take (Harashima's posts) and try to argue against it as if we're forming a group or what.

You got advice for a long distance relationship?
My girl and I started LD. Depends really on the chance of it becoming IRL. There was always the possibility with us, so we were able to make plans (moved in together after 1 1/2 years LD).

What exactly do you need advice on? I could never do it these days if I'm being honest (if I was a single pringle and wanting to mingle, ofc).

Care to elaborate ? Are you gonna drop some lore about the ladies you screwed ?
Well.. I had fun. That's all.

:kayneshrug:

"Mostly men" argument is sheer garbage. You could bring up the fullest of shit assholes of polls about men-women caring about appearance for attraction. This wouldn't and doesn't change that it still matters a lot for anyone.
No one is saying that it doesn't matter. The point is that it seems to matter more for men than women.

https://academic.oup.com/qje/article-abstract/121/2/673/1884033?redirectedFrom=fulltext

And you're intentionally mixing things up with your typical arrogance and sophism.
"Arrogance" , yeah if you want. "Sophism", that's not my jam sorry.

You think you're fighting the same person by multi-quoting the whole thread.
Yup. You guys are all the same.

:sanjismug:

More seriously, when a rethoric is repeated multiple time, there is no need to put gloves on.

Also, I'm mostly adressing the arguments, and not the persons here. So keep you moral lesson for yourself dear sir.

You take the most cringe take (Harashima's posts) and try to argue against it as if we're forming a group or what.
I don't remember generalizing bad behavior to anyone here. In fact if I remember correctly I precisely gave BASIC dating advice.

What post are you talking about here ?

:few:

No one is saying that it doesn't matter. The point is that it seems to matter more for men than women.

https://academic.oup.com/qje/article-abstract/121/2/673/1884033?redirectedFrom=fulltext

I didn't point at women being superficial in any of my posts. We all are especially in our era and generation.

I just got into the conversation because I believe looks matter more than you seem to think.

"Arrogance" , yeah if you want. "Sophism", that's not my jam sorry.
Arrogance at this level isn't a "mOraL jUdgMeNT" but imbecility. I don't even see how you can be proud of that shit.

If you're not aware of your sophism then you're just an idiot who lost control of his speech.

More seriously, when a rethoric is repeated multiple time, there is no need to put gloves on.
What rEpeAtEd rhetoric ? Feel free to quote me.

I don't remember generalizing bad behavior to anyone here.

What post are you talking about here ?

:few:
Yup. You guys are all the same.

I didn't point at women being superficial in any of my posts.
I don't remember talking to you about this mate. I have no reason to feel targeted here.

I just got into the conversation because I believe looks matter more than you seem to think.
Ok mate, noted.

Arrogance at this level isn't a "mOraL jUdgMeNT" but imbecility
Where do you see arrogance in th way I explain how to get a good relationship here ?

Really, humble yourself a minute instead of forced me. Go check what I said again and give me the quote where you see a level "of imbecility" of ignorance (I will brush the irrespect aside)

If you're not aware of your sophism then you're just an idiot who lost control of his speech.
Then go ahead, show me. Quote me and describe said sophism. I'm reasonnable, I can admit being wrong if you prove it to me. Go ahead.

What rEpeAtEd rhetoric ? Feel free to quote me.
Again, why do you think I'm talking about you mate ?

That was a joke, did you not see the Sanji emote ? Come on ...

It shouldn't even be about "dating". Should be about making friends. Sometimes romance will follow.
Friendship itself should be your mental stopping point. If it goes further then cool beans.

Too many relationships fizzle out because of a lack of friendship.

This is my opinion.

Add to the Mid women who get daily validation from army of simps in social media, her ego and self worth is massively inflated.

She see no incentive *settling* with mid guys, she rather be lonely and have occasional flings with Chads thanks to dating apps
this is fine tbh

It probably is better to just be single than enter into a relationship with someone you don’t really like.

Im honestly the same way.

My girl and I started LD. Depends really on the chance of it becoming IRL. There was always the possibility with us, so we were able to make plans (moved in together after 1 1/2 years LD).

What exactly do you need advice on? I could never do it these days if I'm being honest (if I was a single pringle and wanting to mingle, ofc).
Was it ever hard to wait that long though?

Was it ever hard to wait that long though?
Bro, it was hard. I ensured I made time for her each day. Dating her ruined my sleep schedule for a time, as I had to make time somehow alongside my studies and real life commitments. Every time we met in person (we met every two months) the seperation was heart-rending. It ended for the best, but I'd never want to repeat it, lol.

Bro, it was hard. I ensured I made time for her each day. Dating her ruined my sleep schedule for a time, as I had to make time somehow alongside mt studies and real life commitments. Every time we met in person (we met every two months) the seperation was heart-rending. It ended for the best, but I'd never want to repeat it, lol.
Honestly I understand that. It does kind of wreck your sleep schedule sometimes (for me it's mainly because we have a 3 hour time zone gap but hey at least we're in the same country lol) but it's not that bad.
For me it'll take time to be with her in person for a long period of time, probably a year or two, something like that.
But I genuinely believe it can make you mentally stronger and much more patient. It's got cons for sure but it's also got it's pros and I'm very willing to do it even though it'll feel grueling (for both sides may I add) sometimes.
Just have to always think positive I suppose, cause hey at least I have a good relationship, long distance or not...

K!NG HARA$H!MA

Hustlerversity Graduate
this is fine tbh

It probably is better to just be single than enter into a relationship with someone you don’t really like.

Im honestly the same way.
Well Yeah ofc

Women are loyal to their feelings..

If they don't like you, it means They REALLY don't like you

Loveless relationship is a disaster no doubt

It's a thing you will only tolerate when you have the feelings

Honestly I understand that. It does kind of wreck your sleep schedule sometimes (for me it's mainly because we have a 3 hour time zone gap but hey at least we're in the same country lol) but it's not that bad.
For me it'll take time to be with her in person for a long period of time, probably a year or two, something like that.
But I genuinely believe it can make you mentally stronger and much more patient. It's got cons for sure but it's also got it's pros and I'm very willing to do it even though it'll feel grueling (for both sides may I add) sometimes.
Just have to always think positive I suppose, cause hey at least I have a good relationship, long distance or not...
My wife and I had a one hour gap. However, she went to see her mother in Korea last month for two weeks. I needed to work, so she went on her own. Finding time to call when there is an 8-hour gap was a pain!

By be with her, do you mean for a week, or permanently? Either way, I do hope that works out for you my guy!
Post automatically merged:

It shouldn't even be about "dating". Should be about making friends. Sometimes romance will follow.
Friendship itself should be your mental stopping point. If it goes further then cool beans.

Too many relationships fizzle out because of a lack of friendship.

This is my opinion.
I sort of agree. Part of the issue is the transactionality of "dating" in a sense. People are going into it with a goal and objective. I met my wife because I was a fan of her art. I hit her up for a chat. I just wanting to let her know how her art had impacted my life. Before I knew it we were talking daily. Then every available moment. We just enjoyed each other's company, we were friends, and then it turned into more.

A relationship that starts with friendship is great. People speak about being "friendzoned" but I think it's not so simple. A lot of people who get "friendzoned" never express that they actually like the person as more than a friend. They hope the other person will simply realise. I think that's selfish - and - to be honest? Kind of cowardly.

Last edited:
My wife and I had a one hour gap. However, she went to see her mother in Korea last month for two weeks. I needed to work, so she went on her own. Finding time to call when there is an 8-hour gap was a pain!

By be with her, do you mean for a week, or permanently? Either way, I do hope that works out for you my guy!
Post automatically merged:

I sort of agree. Part of the issue is the transactionality of "dating" in a sense. People are going into it with a goal and objective. I met my wife because I was a fan of her art. I hit her up for a chat. I just wanting to let her know how her art had impacted my life. Before I knew it we were talking daily. Then every available moment. We just enjoyed each other's company, we were friends, and then it turned into more.

A relationship that starts with friendship is great. People speak about being "friendzoned" but I think it's not so simple. A lot of people who get "friendzoned" never express that they actually like the person as more than a friend. They hope the other person will simply realise. I think that's selfish - and - to be honest? Kind of cowardly.
I mean live together permanently. But we do have to wait like two years or so before we can do that.
But that's the way it is, nothing we can do but thug it out and survive until then.
Thanks for the advice and I hope you and your wife have a very happy rest of your lives together (and hopefully your future children do as well, if you ever have them)

I mean live together permanently. But we do have to wait like two years or so before we can do that.
But that's the way it is, nothing we can do but thug it out and survive until then.
Thanks for the advice and I hope you and your wife have a very happy rest of your lives together (and hopefully your future children do as well, if you ever have them)
Man, as long as you both want it, I think you'll make it happen. Sometimes the longest waits can yield the greatest payoffs. My life is filled with joy every single day because of my wife. She completes me. As someone who grew up very cynical with a terrible household environment, this is beyond anything I could have ever imagined.
Of course, relationships are not always smooth. The two of us argue, but we make up just as quickly, lol.
I sincerely pray that you and your other half work out. And thank you for your well wishes! :kata:

Daniel

‎‎‎‎
Are you ready to detach yourself from the existing "relationship" if she rejects your feelings?

That is the hardest question to answer for a lot of people that struggle