Chapter Discussion One Piece Chapter 985: New Onigashima

Rate the chapter

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
If SSG is something like the advanced Pacifistas then SSG>Warlords..not individually but in terms of group.

Warlords are 7 pirates working for the government, they are incredibly difficult to control. Any crimes committed by them will have to be excused. Warlords don't have to answer to the Marines, even to Admirals, so they were just a hindrance honestly.

But with the SSG the Marines will have full control over them, they can carry out any orders like Kamikaze-esque missions. Also there can be more than 7 members. Basically Marines will have an army of cyborgs willing to do anything under their command without any hesitation, so with a huge number they are far more useful than warlords.

So, Marines and SSG>Marines and Warlords.

Let's recall the basics for a bit before jumping on to the conclusions. The Shichibukai system exists to help the Marines counter-balance the Yonko. What that means is that if the new technology is deemed worthy of replacing the Warlords then it means the marines think that this new technology can help them counter-balance the Yonko which ultimately puts the Yonko under the same light as the Shichibukai. So try to come out of the illusion that this new development somehow dehypes only the Shichibukai.

It was likely a mistranslation.
Maybe. But if it’s not what she said, I wonder what else she could have meant.

Seth

𝐊𝐨𝐤𝐮𝐭𝐨 𝐒𝐡𝐮𝐬𝐮𝐢
You know what seth? i just had a thought about this. Orochi isn't dead after Kaido cuts him.

Thats why he so scared when the nine red scabbards might came after 20 year. Because he scared if all of them cuts all of his head (8/9 heads) together and he will die when all of his head got cut.
It might be that but I will laugh hard if he's dead.
It will be a big f you to the people who like shit like prophecies and all of that stuff xD.
Post automatically merged:

If SSG is something like the advanced Pacifistas then SSG>Warlords..not individually but in terms of group.

Warlords are 7 pirates working for the government, they are incredibly difficult to control. Any crimes committed by them will have to be excused. Warlords don't have to answer to the Marines, even to Admirals, so they were just a hindrance honestly.

But with the SSG the Marines will have full control over them, they can carry out any orders like Kamikaze-esque missions. Also there can be more than 7 members. Basically Marines will have an army of cyborgs willing to do anything under their command without any hesitation, so with a huge number they are far more useful than warlords.

What do you mean by advanced Pacifistas? More power or they can do backflips now or what?

BangOO🍅

Pepebusi Spammer
It might be that but I will laugh hard if he's dead.
It will be a big f you to the people who like shit like prophecies and all of that stuff xD.
Remember when Luffy keep called Kaido skin as "Scale".

I think, for mythical zoan DF users, they might had a special abilities with his/her zoan form even though they are in their human form. Because for me, mythical zoan is so special.

I actually believed that the "war" will actually begin either next chapter or the one after that. Luffy will jump to the stage in order to save Momo, King and Queen will jump ahead of Kaido in order to intercept Luffy, but they will be jumped by Zoro and Sanji respectively with them shouting "don't get in our captain's way", starting the war officially, not only that but Yamato will be faced off by Jack when she tries to help Luffy against Kaido. But I don't think she will be the one to defeat Jack as that will be Jinbei

Damn, Kaido the BEAST!
He must be really fed up of that weakling using his name to do bullcraps
And the Empire of Piracy, holy hell now we're talking, A Pirate lord that acts like a Pirate Lord
I really hope orochi stays dead thou, kin and the others are going to be shocked, and the fruit is reborn somewhere in Onigashima
Anyway, does Yamato no Orochi regrow their heads like Hydras?

Seth

𝐊𝐨𝐤𝐮𝐭𝐨 𝐒𝐡𝐮𝐬𝐮𝐢
I actually believed that the "war" will actually begin either next chapter or the one after that. Luffy will jump to the stage in order to save Momo, King and Queen will jump ahead of Kaido in order to intercept Luffy, but they will be jumped by Zoro and Sanji respectively with them shouting "don't get in our captain's way", starting the war officially, not only that but Yamato will be faced off by Jack when she tries to help Luffy against Kaido. But I don't think she will be the one to defeat Jack as that will be Jinbei
I take this anytime.

GIVE ME WAR!

Yes there is no hint that the SSG (whenever they are the new Pacifistas or something else) are individually stronger than the warlords but they are certainely a better, more stable, efficient and obedient military power than the warlords.

Seth

𝐊𝐨𝐤𝐮𝐭𝐨 𝐒𝐡𝐮𝐬𝐮𝐢
This Schichibukai = Yonko thing is a bullshit move from Oda because people read too much into it.

HE NEVER SAIRD YONKO = SCHICHIBUKAI POWERWISE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HE PROBABLY MEANT INFLUENTIAL WISE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The chances of success of the raid inside Onigashima aren't growing. I am even more sure that the final battle against Kaido will be on Wano itself.
This should have been the case
Onigashima is TOO SMALL of a country to hold the biggest war

Wano is a large land, it has MANY SECTIONS, each section with its OWN WEATHER/atmosphere and geographical features

In other words, it's one of the BEST lands to have as a large battlefield, because we can actually see some GREAT tactical thinking... if Oda will not use it... and just went for Ongiashima for a usual normal combat... it's such a huuuuuge waste

Let's not forget that some people like "Otama" should play a role considering her DF powers

And also someone like Hawkins eluded to the fact that Luffy's chances of survival after 1 month was low... after a month means... there is still 2 weeks left!

the arc is NOT gonna be done on this night... this night, they will suffer a BIG defeat I bet... and Luffy at some point for the next two weeks, he WILL BE on the verge of DEATH, kinda like when Law took him after Marineford war... he should be on the verge of death, and in a state of coma before waking up, and planning their next counter attack

Status
Not open for further replies.