Chapter Discussion One Piece Chapter 985: New Onigashima

Rate the chapter

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
This Schichibukai = Yonko thing is a bullshit move from Oda because people read too much into it.

HE NEVER SAIRD YONKO = SCHICHIBUKAI POWERWISE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HE PROBABLY MEANT INFLUENTIAL WISE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Well, to be fair, Mihawk stated it also, when Sengoku and Doffy were trash talking each other, Mihawk said something along the lines of there is no point of TWO equal level powers fighting each other...

I agree though that Oda didn't highlight the shichibukai system as powerful of a group as Yonko/Marines... they were all just statements

Where it said that Mihawk is the only one who can stop a Yonko?

What?
If 7 warlords = 1 Yonko that is a good argument for Mihawk being Yonko level since a lot of people think that Doffy is the second strongest warlord and he is fodder and a non-factor to a Yonko. Anyone Doffy level or below would be a non-factor in a fight with a Yonko so 7 warlords vs Yonko is basically just Mihawk vs Yonko.

Unless you think Boa would beat Kaido by giving him a boner and turning him to stone...

The Warlords were always clearly the weakest and most unstable of the three great powers anyway.

The system was a gigantic fraud that the World Government inflicted on itself and it wouldn't have been too helpful against Kaido and Big Mom anyway the Warlords did the minimum against the Whitebeard Pirates at Marineford and were in fact more of a source of problems than a real help during the battle.

Akai2

🆉🅾🆁🅾 🆃🅾🅾 🆂🆃🆁🅾🅽🅺!
Excellent chapter this week. This translation gave me COVID, but what can we do right?

Anyway, we started with one of the best color spreads in the series. Three kings eating rice balls with parrots! I'm a sucker for anything involving the three supernova trio.

You gotta love Cat and Dog bickering even when the villain in front of them is in monologue lol Old habits die hard I guess.

Me and the 3 Kiku fans on here are really grateful lol. Her Kabuto Samurai armor and Hannya mask are really epic. And her dialogue gives us insight why she's nicknamed Kiku of the Lingering Snow. Same could be said for Kanjuro. His evil aura + Kabuki performer design is just so fitting :finally:

I think there's an interesting ironic self actualization parallel between Yamato and Momo. One trying their best to not become their father, and one trying to live up to their father's legend. I think how they come to terms with their own independent identity will be key for the outcome of the war one way or another.

Also Vegapunk you mad man, what exactly did you create :crazwhat:I always thought Chapter 1000 would be a great spot for him to debut. What better way to try out SSG than by coming to Wano where a war involving Two Emperors and multiple Supernova is going on?

The way King assisted with the sword delivery was so smooooooooth :steef: And Orochi's "beheading" is arguably the most brutal we've seen so far. I'm betting on some devil fruit secret shenanigans to bring him back. I know Fuku back stabbed the Kozuki and joined Orochi before, but I'd love to see the Orochi samurai show some samurai pride and actually fight Kaido. Sure they'll probably die, but it'd be interesting to see "evil" samurai stick by their pride to the death in the face of betrayal.

I'm not sure how to interpret Kiku's tears. Probably getting emotional for fighting alongside Izo and the rest of the scabbards again? I'd say that's more likely than sadness for killing a former comrade.

Law being gone means he's got a plan that he doesn't trust the idiots to take a part of. He's been a little pushed to the side during the build up but I expect major impact from him during the war.
I'd love to see him and Sanji use Room + Invisibility combo to save Momo :sanmoji::lawbepo:

Finally, all is pointing toward the final showdown being on Wano's capital. Which was always the most fitting place for Wano residents to witness the isolationist cycle being broken by Joy Boy's inheritor. Expect major Marine/Grand Fleet/Third Party members to join the main fight on Wano. It's gonna be great, just gotta endure the breaks :catsweat:

Last edited:
Again, all factors counting SSG can't be much weaker or stronger then Shichibukais, and Kaido by the way needs ancient weapons to take over the world and not only WG, Kaido and Big Mom said that they wanna take over the world, which means they need to defeat other Yonkos too.
Well, WG is > than your other yonko
so, if they can beat WG, they can wreck other Yonko easily LOL... Kaido's focus in his speech was WG in general, with his alliance with Big Mom, he doesn't even care about other Yonko... it's why he never mentioned them, and his focus was WG in his speech and the SSG which replaced Shichibukai

Seth

𝐊𝐨𝐤𝐮𝐭𝐨 𝐒𝐡𝐮𝐬𝐮𝐢
Honestly if you're going to do a fan scan make it good quality, producing low quality speed scans just reduces the reading experience especially for those who bothered to avoid spoilers.
This is why we need Jaiminis in our life:josad::josad::josad:

They made mistakes but from 10 people who read scans at least 8 will tell you that they enjoyed them :/
Post automatically merged:

The wait shall kill us

We better find new hobbies or we won't be able to keep sustaining so many breaks :)
Maybe we should try Kaido's habit? :madmonk:

If 7 warlords = 1 Yonko that is a good argument for Mihawk being Yonko level since a lot of people think that Doffy is the second strongest warlord and he is fodder and a non-factor to a Yonko. Anyone Doffy level or below would be a non-factor in a fight with a Yonko so 7 warlords vs Yonko is basically just Mihawk vs Yonko.

Unless you think Boa would beat Kaido by giving him a boner and turning him to stone...
It's much more logical that all Shichibukais equal to Yonko then only Mihawk.
Boa's ability is op which is a great weapon against Kaido or any Yonko.
Kuma has really powerful abilitie and you're saying to me that other Shichibukais are no factor?

Seth

𝐊𝐨𝐤𝐮𝐭𝐨 𝐒𝐡𝐮𝐬𝐮𝐢
It's much more logical that all Shichibukais equal to Yonko then only Mihawk.
Boa's ability is op which is a great weapon against Kaido or any Yonko.
Kuma has really powerful abilitie and you're saying to me that other Shichibukais are no factor?
His ability is strong but slow as fuck.

Admirals would pierce him 3 or more times already before he could compress enough air to damage them.

Kaido has shot himself in the foot like an idiot. Killing Orochi allows all of Orochi's men to join Luffy's side. Luffy using the most dangerous power on the sea(Mihawks words). The power to make allies out of everyone.

We already saw what happens when Luffy uses that power on purpose in chapter 949, it is like belo betty's devil fruit but even better.

Last edited:
The best way for oda and the market to show off ssg's power is against the shichibukai mainly mihawk

If it's about to do one of the 3 to him than it might as well be stronger than the shichibukai
  1. Have him need to run away
  2. Injure him pretty bad maybe even beating him
  3. Have him need assistance/backup help

Status
Not open for further replies.