General & Others Missed opportunities for the Straw hats not members of the Monster Trio ?

What are in your opinion some missed opportunties to allow the members of the Weak Trio (Nami, Usopp and Chopper) and Mid Trio (Franky, Robin and Brook) to shine and/or to get some much needed character development in the story ?
In which arcs do you think that these Straw Hats could have had a bigger role if the story hadn't been so focused on Luffy, Zoro or Sanji or allies such as Law or the Wano allies ?

What is the character development they can realistically get at this point? Other than learn Haki tbh. Majority of them are already developed once they enter the SHs, through their flashbacks.

IE, Nami going from a naive girl raised by an adopted mother, witnessing her mother's death, then sacrifices herself for her village by becoming a thief for a pirate, meets some kid and experiences friendship for the first time, betrays her friends which tears up her heart, learns to lean on her friends instead of trying to shoulder everything on her own, and becomes a navigator and backbone for a yonko pirate crew. Develops fighting style around weather.

Only thing Oda can develop more for her is give her some fighting style updates and haki, with how much of the manga there's left, still plenty of time for that. But as a character she's about as developed as you can make a character.

I wish that Nami's skills as a navigator had been more highlighted since the ts, with her also being shown to not be flawless with her and the rest of the crew struggling to navigate in the New World at first due to the seas and weather being far more dangerous and unpredictable than in Paradise even with Weatheria's learning before learning from experience and gradually managing to master the New World weather and currents.

Her map drawing skills and dream should also have been explored more. Her also learning some martial arts and haki to not be helpless and too reliant on her Clima-Tacts would have been great.

Same for Chopper and his medical skills, with him showing to make proper use of his timeskip learning, him discovering new substances, medicine and antidotes in the New World. Perhaps seeing him clash with another master doctor, who without being a villain, is more of a Dr House than a nice and altruistic doctor.

A good opportunity for Chopper would have been for him to identity Big Mom's illness and finds a cure or treatment to it.

I wish that Nami's skills as a navigator had been more highlighted since the ts, with her also being shown to not be flawless with her and the rest of the crew struggling to navigate in the New World at first due to the seas and weather being far more dangerous and unpredictable than in Paradise even with Weatheria's learning before learning from experience and gradually managing to master the New World weather and currents.

Her map drawing skills and dream should also have been explored more. Her also learning some martial arts and haki to not be helpless and too reliant on her Clima-Tacts would have been great.

Same for Chopper and his medical skills, with him showing to make proper use of his timeskip learning, him discovering new substances, medicine and antidotes in the New World. Perhaps seeing him clash with another master doctor, who without being a villain, is more of a Dr House than a nice and altruistic doctor.

A good opportunity for Chopper would have been for him to identity Big Mom's illness and finds a cure or treatment to it.
Namis navigation took the biggest hit as 90% of the post timeskip was following vivre cards.

Nami’s fighting style with Zeus. Instead of having a homing missile she should play around with precipitation, heat and what not. Nerf Zeus since BM took most of his soul
Even though I hate that Zeus subplot and wish it never happened, I agree that Nami could have done much more with him.

Another wasted opportunity was for her to remember and make use of the kind of clouds she and the other Straw Hats encountered in Skypeia and used by Skypeians, Shandias and Enel's forces such as the ball clouds, iron clouds, string clouds or swamp clouds. She only seemed to have learned to learn how to do and make use of the milky road.

Even though I hate that Zeus subplot and wish it never happened, I agree that Nami could have done much more with him.

Another wasted opportunity was for her to remember and make use of the kind of clouds she and the other Straw Hats encountered in Skypeia and used by Skypeians, Shandias and Enel's forces such as the ball clouds, iron clouds, string clouds or swamp clouds. She only seemed to have learned to learn how to do and make use of the milky road.
This one I kinda get because those clouds can only exist in Skypeias/cloud islands climates but shouldn’t she be able to control the climates around her to make that possible?

This one I kinda get because those clouds can only exist in Skypeias/cloud islands climates but shouldn’t she be able to control the climates around her to make that possible?
Logically she should, she spent two years in a cloud island with top meteorologists to study weather and climate techniques, and was able of reproducing the Milky Way during Punk Hazard Arc so it shouldn’t be the only kind of Sky Island cloud she should be able of reproducing.

I like zoro and sanji but the wing shit is pretty eh to me

I don’t mind them being luffy’s top 2 combatants ready to fight for him and protect the crew. That shits fine but I hate how much more focus they get over the rest of the crew

I at the very least hope usopp and nami each get an arc where they are the stars and even more highlighted than them
Obviously they don’t need to and they straight up won’t be able to beat up stronger opponents but that doesn’t really matter tbh. They are still tons of ways to play a major role and get extra focus beyond just fights

If it doesn’t happen for usopp in elbaf then I give up on hoping for more beyond a cool/interesting moment every now and then

I think Fishman island was the biggest missed opportunity regarding Nami. There was potential there to write a real touching story with Nami's past and contrasting her forgiveness of the fishmen despite being abused to Hody's senseless hatred of the humans despite never experiencing any abuse himself. Oda didn't go that route sadly and Nami ended up playing a very minor part in the arc despite all the groundwork already being there. It's too bad imo.

In egghead well Franky. His arc in water 7/enies lobby was always confusing to me but all in all it's about taking responsibility for your actions. It would not have been hard to have him play a bigger role in the arc and push more to the forefront Vegapunk responsibility in a lot of recent deaths through the mother flame and pacifistas. Draw parralels with the Franky battleships and Franky chossing to destroy the plans for Pluton. Instead once again, Franky is essentially narratively irrelevant to the plot of the arc. Nothing was done with Robin either of course but I still have hope she will have a bigger role in Elbaf or in the final war.

I stopped expecting anything from Chopper a long time ago.

I think Fishman island was the biggest missed opportunity regarding Nami. There was potential there to write a real touching story with Nami's past and contrasting her forgiveness of the fishmen despite being abused to Hody's senseless hatred of the humans despite never experiencing any abuse himself. Oda didn't go that route sadly and Nami ended up playing a very minor part in the arc despite all the groundwork already being there. It's too bad imo.

In egghead well Franky. His arc in water 7/enies lobby was always confusing to me but all in all it's about taking responsibility for your actions. It would not have been hard to have him play a bigger role in the arc and push more to the forefront Vegapunk responsibility in a lot of recent deaths through the mother flame and pacifistas. Draw parralels with the Franky battleships and Franky chossing to destroy the plans for Pluton. Instead once again, Franky is essentially narratively irrelevant to the plot of the arc. Nothing was done with Robin either of course but I still have hope she will have a bigger role in Elbaf or in the final war.

I stopped expecting anything from Chopper a long time ago.
He is shy and cute
That’s enough