One Piece Manga Spoilers - Chapter 957

Status
Not open for further replies.
1. All he does is sit on an island and drink wine.

2. He doesn't harm innocent civilians.

3. He has no crew so getting to him isn't as difficult.

4. He holds 0 political power.

5. The only thing that makes him dangerous is his individual strength.
Exactly, I believe Mihawk is meant to represent what a Yonko would be like if they had no crew. Oda is trying to show us just how powerful a Yonko can be by themselves. Part of a reason a Yonko is so powerful is because of their crew, alliance, and territory.

Back when Luffy was facing Mihawk, Mihawk said what really makes Luffy powerful and dangerous is his ability to gain comrades and make alliances. In the current spoiler we see how even the Marines and Pirates are willing to work together to get rid of group of pirates.

Just think about how powerful Luffy could be at the end of the manga if he has every single kingdom, friend, alliance, and comrade that he's helped out come to his side. I can even see marines coming to his side. The whole repeated theme of the manga is Straw Hats end up in a kingdom that's being controlled by a pirate, one way or another, and they helped out the kingdom and now they're friends.

Last edited:
I mean we are ignoring every other factor here, time that has passed since Shanks and Mihawk fought, or who is actually stronger Mihawk or Shanks we really don’t know, reason why we keep discussing about it. For all we know currently one can be way stronger than the other...
sekai saikyo no kenshi is pretty clear , shanks is a sword fighter and he isnt better than mihawk. Being a yonko is more than just being strong individually.
read this

Mihawk we know is a chill calm and isolate person he doesn't just go out and attack innocent civilians.

We know this from his introduction when he fights zoro. Instead of being a ruthless brute and fighting zoro all out and destroying him, he uses a knife and easily beats him. Mihawk in that moment could've easily killed everyone on sight but chose not too.

Everything we know about Mihawk's character tells us his only reason for being wanted is due to his individual strength.
Not really, what Sanji’s adoptive father said about Miahwk, you wake mihawk up he is not going to let go and we know he was hunting them for fun. Zoro got his attention entertained him so he left... it he was having a blast destroying the ships and killing them...

Ruthless and brute doesn’t have to go in the same sentence together. You can be ruthless and a psycho without being a brute....

He is wanted because he is a pirate, and apart from Luffy pirates do for most part illegal stuff that don’t involve saving people....

fake news, he only kicked delinger i nthe butt, when he will block admiral level attack with his leg then you have a point.

admrials level attcks are highest level attacks, it's not like zoro pushing his leg in dellinger's an....
Doesn’t matter what tier you used it on , the whole point your making is that Rayleigh had kicks in his arsenal on panel right? Well zoro does to you don’t get to nitpick feats

And you think Shanks 4 billion bounty is because of his commanders??....only part of the bounty has factors of crew/influence or whatever...

if MIhawk gets 2 billion and it means that Shanks worth < 2 billions and whatever other billions he got because of his influence etc. ???...lol

Luffy got 1.5 billion and only part of it played a role of his grand fleet and him being a brother of Sabo
Wrong. Luffy's bounty is due to him beating 3 former warlords and CP9 which he had help from his crew to do so. Also being the son of Dragon. Being brothers with Ace and Sabo. The events of MF where he got help from everyone. Then lastly his individual strength.

Mihawk's bounty will be based purely on feats he's done alone and his own strength.

Zoro and Sanji are worlds apart don’t try to drag zoro down to Sanji level oda has different expectations and standards for both characters . Time for you to go bake a cake Sanji fans aren’t allowed in power level discussions
Hey, don't insult my boy. The dude is hanging as part of monster trio while he's 24/7 being a pervert and a cook. While Zoro is 24/7 training LOL.
Sanji is a natural hahaha

Exactly, I believe Mihawk is meant to represent what a Yonko would be like if they had no crew. Oda is trying to show us just how powerful a Yonko can be by themselves. Part of a reason a Yonko is because of his crew, alliance, and territory.

Back when Luffy was facing Mihawk, Mihawk said what really makes Luffy powerful and dangerous is his ability to gain comrades and make alliances. in this current spoiler we see how even the Marines and Pirates are willing to work together to get rid of group of pirates.

Just think about how powerful Luffy could be at the end of the manga if he has every single kingdom, friend, alliance, and comrade that he's helped out come to his side. I can even see marines coming to his side. The whole repeated theme is Straw Hats end up in a kingdom that's being controlled by a pirate, one way or another, and they helped out the kingdom and now they're friends.
Exactly!!! Luffy is the epitome of what a Yonko truly is.

Nah young WB > Rayleigh
Ray might be the 3rd strongest person in alliance side. It make sense if he fought against WB who was potentially the 2nd strongest of the rock..

Teenage WB>Ray didn't stop the possibility of them fought in that war anyway moreover we have no idea how strong he actually was.

So, Oden was a commander of the Whitebeard pirates while Marco was always his trusted right hand man....that same Oden later inflicted a scar on Yonkou Kaido that's of the same magnitude as that Luffy received.

And Fujitora is getting mocked for wearing a headband?

Ah wait, we suddenly elevate Oden to Top Tier, right ?
I've said this as well, this does put Marco ABOVE Oden - better portrayal and better rank. Being the right hand man > a normal commander on WB's crew.
And the same Marco barely kept up with casual Kizaru. If that isn't a proof for the strength of the Admirals - at least the logia trio - then I don't know either.

Well, we still do not know how Oden scarred Kaido. It is also likely that Oden simply used all of his haki + life energy to injure Kaido.

Yeah, this is nonsense as well. Fujitora's opponents were simply very strong - Sabo probably was YC1/low top tier lv as well when he fought against them.
Although I now think that the logia trio is indeed stronger than Fujitora and Greenbull...

Fortunately, this chapter proved that Oden was just another YC and being below Marco.

I

Inspector_Mu

So, Oden was a commander of the Whitebeard pirates while Marco was always his trusted right hand man....that same Oden later inflicted a scar on Yonkou Kaido that's of the same magnitude as that Luffy received.

And Fujitora is getting mocked for wearing a headband?

Ah wait, we suddenly elevate Oden to Top Tier, right ?
Lol Oden grew lots stronger
He left wb and went with toger
Then 4 years later he fought kaido!
Also Marco wasn't the most trusted back then
WB and Roger deeply respected Oden strength back then

Oden has hype and haki above Marco

Not really, what Sanji’s adoptive father said about Miahwk, you wake mihawk up he is not going to let go and we know he was hunting them for fun. Zoro got his attention entertained him so he left... it he was having a blast destroying the ships and killing them...
Yes with his own strength and they weren't innocent people.

He is wanted because he is a pirate, and apart from Luffy pirates do for most part illegal stuff that don’t involve saving people....
Yet where's his pirate flag or his pirate crew ? This man is far from being the normal pirate.

Interesting that those people, weaker than Ivankov who was low diffed by Magellan, managed to injure an Admiral... This is bullshit over 9000.

So I guess BB is trash as well since Magellan neg diffed him and his entire crew.
You fail to realise that matchups are still extremely important. Magellan is extremely dangerous for brawlers and is extremely lethal as well. Doesn't mean that those characters are weak.

Nice, so a bunch of vets are enough to injure an Admiral during a battle, lmfao. Do you even believe that nonsense you're spouting?

Your "math" is utter trash and doesn't prove anything.
You're taking simple straws to pretend that your argument is absolutely legit whereas we have no real confirmation that Ivankov is stronger than all of them nor that Magellan beating Ivankov tells enough about his powerlevel.

Admirals can take out vets with ease. Fuck, even characters like Doflamingo (high tier) simply toy with those guys since they are too weak... They are no factors in those battles.
Ivankov is the commander of the Grand Line. This is superior portrayal compared to the other commanders. Idk about Ivankov being at a disadvantage but let’s just say that he’s a mid diff level opponent for Magellan. This still makes the commanders YC4/Vet. This BB vs Magellan point is bullshit since that wasn’t a fight like Iva vs Magellan was.

1 Vet vs Admiral is an easy win. But 3 Vets is exponentially harder. We already saw in MF that Rakuyo could survive against Kizaru

Status
Not open for further replies.