Powers & Abilities Oda's failure to demonstrate the Pika Pika no Mi - Waste of chance to demonstrate the Light Logia.

There's no such thing as Oda failing in demonstrating the fruit, he demonstrated it exactly the way he wanted to, all it means is you grossly overestimated what it was capable of, either that or you think you know better than the author does about a power he created.

There's no such thing as Oda failing in demonstrating the fruit, he demonstrated it exactly the way he wanted to, all it means is you grossly overestimated what it was capable of, either that or you think you know better than the author does about a power he created.

There it is, that weird pedestal you place Oda on when people call him out for genuine lack of creativity like he's God or something, so defensive for no reason.

Kizaru is somewhat of a science man and Oda has applied some bare surface level science to his fruit but never touched upon half of what science can achieve with the power of light let alone the magic aspect of what light does in fiction.

That is genuine lack of creativity, you're a weird person icl.

There it is, that weird pedestal you place Oda on when people call him out for genuine lack of creativity like he's God or something, so defensive for no reason.

Kizaru is somewhat of a science man and Oda has applied some bare surface level science to his fruit but never touched upon half of what science can achieve with the power of light let alone the magic aspect of what light does in fiction.

That is genuine lack of creativity, you're a weird person icl.
Not true at all, Oda certainly is an uncreative hack, but what happened with Kizaru isn't Oda failing, that's just Oda not doing what you expected or wanted, two completely different things.

Well yeah because, this was not a fight, it was conflict about killing and protecting vegapunk, with a Kizaru that didn't want it.

Im not arguing Kizaru is 1% of his power btw. just that I would be surprised we don't get a more expanded Kizaru showcase before the series ends

But yeah this is still inexcusable and makes oda really uncreative and kizaru like a dope

Oda's failure to demonstrate the Pika Pika no Mi
"I imagined it to be stronger, but Oda drew it incorrectly!"

You do not write this story. You only read it.

The cope in this thread is quite hilarious to read.
"Yeah Oda totally limited the Admirals everywhere they appeared. Remember when they did not one shot everyone in Marine Ford?!?!"
"Kizaru is too strong so Oda made him not use his fruit properly"
"Egg head is limiting his power for some reason. Its true though"
"Its not as cool as the Pika no Mi I am going to draw!"

Pathetic.

"Yeah Oda totally limited the Admirals everywhere they appeared. Remember when they did not one shot everyone in Marine Ford?!?!"

Pathetic.
Yeah, very pathetic. So pathetic you even failed to grasp the sense of the thread lol.

But I mean, a hater Is a hater for a reason. It has not to be logical.

Pathetic.
You nailed it pretty much, but of course for most people the "Fuck Oda!" "Everyone hates Oda!!" agenda prevails.

And when you don't even start trying Is even more difficult.
Go on, explain how this thread goes anywhere beyond

Character OP dislikes gets bad display "oh, well, shucks"
Character OP likes gets bad display "this is a disgrace. Oda can not draw"

Kaido in Wano got defeated. Very, very underwhelming.
I think Oda should redraw the entire arc. It made no sense that Kaido lost. He clearly did not use his fruit to its full extent.
Shamefur dispray.

Character OP likes gets bad display "this is a disgrace. Oda can not draw"

Kaido in Wano got defeated. Very, very underwhelming.
I think Oda should redraw the entire arc. It made no sense that Kaido lost. He clearly did not use his fruit to its full extent.
Shamefur dispray.
I'll try.

The scope of this thread Is lamentig how "uncreatively" the Pika Pika no mi was used. Meaning: Oda could have drawn many different things instead of relagate the Pika Pika to the same three or four things we have already known since the pre-TS.

Having said that, this does not necessarly means that Kizaru would have done better. For example: the clones were probably the most intresting thing Kizaru has shown. Is It something that raise markedly his level, especially against top tiers? I very much doubt It, but It was a creative use of the Pika Pika, a pleasing move to see during the fight and a good add to his moveset.
Following the same logic, instead of seeing Kizaru spamming the same boring (and already seen) kicks again and again, or the same generic lasers aganis and again, It wouldn't have been better to see something...different?
To me, yes.

That more so because light Is one of the most exploited powers in shonen manga universe and there are PLENTY of intresting ideas to use. Oda has been incredibly creative with some minor and more difficult fruits like the Hito Hito or the Mochi Mochi, so this lack of...anything Is quite starting.
Kizaru returned and was struck to use the same generic lasers, light kicks (with one variation at least), the same 2 o 3 things we have already seen. Not one new named move, not even his monkey move in fact (even though we are 99% he has It).

As you can see, this line of thoughts Is exactly the same if you thing Kizaru already showed his 100%. Point Is that we would have preferred that his 100%, meaning with the same end results, had other things "inside", and not just the same boring moveset.

Elder Lee Hung

Conqueror of the Stars

Because the OP is not about how Kizaru “looked bad”, it’s about how Oda did nothing with the light light fruit using Katakuri’s fruit as a metric.

As the OP says, Katakuri “only” had a Mochi fruit but we saw a wide variety of abilities from that fruit during Katakuri’s fight.

Whereas with Kizaru, 80% of his moves were already shown pre timeskip. There was no variety.

You would’ve been able to comprehend this if you weren’t an illiterate fuck lol. Why did you even come back to WorstGen, literally no one was interested your opinion. No one asked you to return.

Pathetic.
You have zero idea how pathetic you are, I swear you don't.

If this is how everyone treated authors and their writing then we would be genuinely fucked.

Oda has a genuine lack of creativity problem and he half-asses ideas he doesn't understand in the slightest, this leaves readers frustrated because they recognize how cool the idea is if the author actually is able to explore it instead of half-assing it.

A successful mangaka is what he is because of the readers liking his ideas, they are the ones to please and not just that alone, creativity should be the strongest aspect of a writer followed by story.

Oda has made bad use of the Pika Pika no mi fruit by all accounts in terms of creativity, that's what everyone here is calling out.

But of course you defend your god, fookin idiot.

Last edited: