assumptions for one
and there was nothing religious about the performance and it had nothing to do with christianity , you lot insist it does.
Bro how is it an assumption that an opening ceremony of this magnitude needs to go through multiple rehersals and approvals? School plays go through 2 or 3 depending on the piece

And religious =/= mocking a religion
Nobidy said they were doing a religious ritual. They were clearly alluding to the Last Supper. Anyome with working eyes and working internet that can access the central woman's instagram can confirm.

Reborn

Throughout Heaven & Earth,I alone am d Honored One
tears you can go on and believe they did and backtracked but thats totally on you to assume the worst

secondly banning that symbol in the olympics is right , you didnt answer my question , we had a world cup years ago . did you have an issue with the armbands banned? can you classify what is an acceptable belief and what isnt, to ensure total neutrality are you willing to have other beliefs displayed alongside christianity... These are the sort of questions you should be asking here. You either open it up to every belief or just have it all removed. Theyve gone with the latter.
Banning the Brazilian surfer is as per the rules. Religious propaganda isn't allowed

But here's the issue.

Article 50(2) of Olympic charter prohibits any demonstration or political, racial and religious propaganda in any Olympic sites, venues or other areas.

The opening ceremony and Last Supper was used as propoganda. So, if we are following rules then why that was allowed?

Bro how is it an assumption that an opening ceremony of this magnitude needs to go through multiple rehersals and approvals? School plays go through 2 or 3 depending on the piece

And religious =/= mocking a religion
Nobidy said they were doing a religious ritual. They were clearly alluding to the Last Supper. Anyome with working eyes and working internet that can access the central woman's instagram can confirm.
what do you think when you see these images

Banning the Brazilian surfer is as per the rules. Religious propaganda isn't allowed

But here's the issue.

Article 50(2) of Olympic charter prohibits any demonstration or political, racial and religious propaganda in any Olympic sites, venues or other areas.

The opening ceremony and Last Supper was used as propoganda. So, if we are following rules then why that was allowed?
context for that is on athlete activism @Reborn
technically opening events will always have political propaganda........
typically ideals of the host nation.

Reborn

Throughout Heaven & Earth,I alone am d Honored One
context for that is on athlete activism @Reborn
technically opening events will always have political propaganda........
typically ideals of the host nation.
Political propaganda is prohibited which is the point.

And, let's assume countries do it then I haven't seen any country doing it by having someone flashing (quite indecent) and making a parody of Last supper (religious importance)at an event watched by one billion including kids from across the World.

being aired to millions or billions of people is quite frankly not relevant here
missing something here
isnt it mocking the religion?
Do you have cataracts on your eyes, dude? I literally wrote it's the same parody.

And it does matter - the images you posted are not used to promote international sporting events where Christ the Redeemer cannot be used on a surfboard but mockery can be made out of him live and in living color

Do you have cataracts on your eyes, dude? I literally wrote it's the same parody.

And it does matter - the images you posted are not used to promote international sporting events where Christ the Redeemer cannot be used on a surfboard but mockery can be made out of him live and in living color
it does matter because the reaction to this incontrast to the others has been over the top , perhaps even set a precedent that it was acceptable.

regardless, Youve been told its not a mockery of the last supper
you choose to make it a mockery and after you get the inspiration from the artist and apology issued on what the intention of the piece was
you still insist its intention is to mock christianity .
you can go ahead and insist it is hypocrisy but at that point its because you choose to be offended regardless of what they say the intention of the piece was.

it does matter because the reaction to this incontrast to the others has been over the top , perhaps even set a precedent that it was acceptable.

regardless, Youve been told its not a mockery of the last supper
you choose to make it a mockery and after you get the inspiration from the artist and apology issued on what the intention of the piece was
you still insist its intention is to mock christianity .
you can go ahead and insist it is hypocrisy but at that point its because you choose to be offended regardless of what they say the intention of the piece was.
From Barbara Butch's instagram account. FYI she's the celestial body in the middle with the headwear:

At least don't make stuff up about how it wasn't a mockery

So her writing "NEW GAY TESTAMENT" is not in any way a reference to christianity?
Did you make the mental olympics team, my guy?

Also, celestial body was me calling her a lard ass
again you are still quoting one actor in the entire show
not the intention of the organizer who had a greek god as the main centerpiece. are you taking offence at what the actor said or what the organizers have said their own intention was . two different things. am quite frankly not interested in talking about the other

Did you make the mental olympics team, my guy?
you are much better than the passive aggressive comments