Status
Not open for further replies.
People are not understanding a simple thing:

The world has already begun churning into motion

You can't stop the world from collapsing just because Luffy needs another 5 years to get stronger. Oda is in the end game here. Stabilization of global politics for Luffy is no longer possible. Oda has closed that door and threw away the keys.

This is ending in a month, one way or another. There is no timeskip before the final war.
Which is totally fine, but the story isn't actually ending in 5 years lol. There is, at least, 5x the number if main characters, villains and plots still left unaddressed compared to Wano. If Wano itself is only tying up the plots of 2 Yonko after 8+ years (and thats still an if because we really don't know what is going to happen yet), then I'm not sure how Oda will:

- Tie up the plots of 2 more, heavily important, mysterious Yonko (their pasts are unknown)

- The entire World Government, heirarchy, national treasure, true goals, etc

- The entire Marine force, fates of every important marine, etc

- The Revolutionaries and their endgame

- Kuma. Bonney and Vegapunk's clear plot relevance to each other, the SSG, etc

- Subsequently, the fates of every Supernova and former Shichibukai

- Elbaf, Lodestar and whatever other islands visited (God Valley/Rocks centric plot)

- One Piece, Void Century, The Ancient Weapons

- All the Strawhat Dreams

And so much more its not even funny, but these are pretty much the "main" points left. All of thiis way bigger than any plot Wano demands, and yet, Wano is going to be a nearly 4 year arc (at this rate), tying up the previous 7-8 years of plotwork laid out for 2 Yonko ONLY.

Aka, Oda can't help himself. He probably won't rush either. He will have to explain everything and go his own pace. The man has yet to truly rush on major character motivations and plotlines.
Post automatically merged:

Remember the countdown we all made on OJ,

At the end of 2018,

We made a 300 chapters countdown

We got 37 chapters in 2019 and will get potentially get another 34 chapters this year

So, 300-71 = 229 chapters left

Considering how we only got around 70 chapters in the last 2 years,

229 chapters mean another 5 years of OP

It's a very possible prediction
:luuh:
And I dont believe it, like at all lmao.

Wano isn't even close to finishing, and read my last post on how much the manga actually needs to address. We are now at "4 years" left prett much and Wano alone probably has another 1.5- 2 years to finish. You expect literally 90% of the mangas actual big plotlines to turn finish 1-2 years after that. Don't listen to Oda or his editors time estimates, they have been grossly wrong for 15 years.

Last edited:

Akai2

🆉🅾🆁🅾 🆃🅾🅾 🆂🆃🆁🅾🅽🅺!
Which is totally fine, but the story isn't actually ending in 5 years lol. There is, at least, 5x the number if main characters, villains and plots still left unaddressed compared to Wano. If Wano itself is only tying up the plots of 2 Yonko after 8+ years (and thats still an if because we really don't know what is going to happen yet), then I'm not sure how Oda will:

- Tie up the plots of 2 more, heavily important, mysterious Yonko (their pasts are unknown)

- The entire World Government, heirarchy, national treasure, true goals, etc

- The entire Marine force, fates of every important marine, etc

- The Revolutionaries and their endgame

- Kuma. Bonney and Vegapunk's clear plot relevance to each other, the SSG, etc

- Subsequently, the fates of every Supernova and former Shichibukai

- Elbaf, Lodestar and whatever other islands visited (God Valley/Rocks centric plot)

- One Piece, Void Century, The Ancient Weapons

- All the Strawhat Dreams

And so much more its not even funny, but these are pretty much the "main" points left. All of thiis way bigger than any plot Wano demands, and yet, Wano is going to be a nearly 4 year arc (at this rate), tying up the previous 7-8 years of plotwork laid out for 2 Yonko ONLY.

Aka, Oda can't help himself. He probably won't rush either. He will have to explain everything and go his own pace. The man has yet to truly rush on major character motivations and plotlines.
Post automatically merged:

And I dont believe it, like at all lmao.

Wano isn't even close to finishing, and read my last post on how much the manga actually needs to address. We are now at "4 years" left prett much and Wano alone probably has another 1.5- 2 years to finish. You expect literally 90% of the mangas actual big plotlines to turn finish 1-2 years after that. Don't listen to Oda or his editors time estimates, they have been grossly wrong for 15 years.
I think it's a good time to quote this thread here lol
https://worstgen.alwaysdata.net/for...ends-and-why-op-will-not-end-in-5-years.1730/
Any one feel free to add the multiple new plot lines that were introduced since I made this thread 8 months ago.
Still at least a decade left :ihaha:

Reborn

Throughout Heaven & Earth,I alone am d Honored One
People are taking Oda's words out of context.

What he meant was that if he doesn't deviate from the planned story telling then he can finish op in 5 years.

However, oda himself has admitted that he has plenty of new ideas which he often add in arcs (he get immerse in writing plots) which results into arcs stretching for much longer time than what initially intended to.

Case in point is WCI which was not initially planned to last that long.

And, wano seem to be heading in similar direction as there are hints which indicate that oda is adding new ideas while narrating the story.

So,if this trend continues (likely) and taking into account the various plots left to address yet, OP would easily last for another 9-10 years.

Elbaf is at least as important as WCI and i can't imagine the rest of Wano lasting less than 60-70 chapters.
So i consider 140-150 chapters the bare minimum to defeat Kaido, finish the BM plotline and find the fourth RPG while giving Usopp enough space with the giants (with maybe some Shanks)

I don't think 100 chapters would be enough to cover Vegapunk and strawhats encounter, Laugh tale (at least one big flashback about the ancient kingdom), whatever is going to happen between Blackbeard and Luffy (with again another big flashback about Blackbeard) and the last war (flashbacks all over the place again) :choppawhat:

People are taking Oda's words out of context.

What he meant was that if he doesn't deviate from the planned story telling then he can finish op in 5 years.

However, oda himself has admitted that he has plenty of new ideas which he often add in arcs (he get immerse in writing plots) which results into arcs stretching for much longer time than what initially intended to.

Case in point is WCI which was not initially planned to last that long.

And, wano seem to be heading in similar direction as there are hints which indicate that oda is adding new ideas while narrating the story.

So,if this trend continues (likely) and taking into account the various plots left to address yet, OP would easily last for another 9-10 years.
I love discussing shit for 9-10 more years....lol

W

wordyworm

There are so many loose ends. I really hope that Oda doesn't rush it. He can drag it out as long as he wants, as far as I'm concerned. Ending such a long series is going to be a HUGE logistic matter for him and his editors.

Honestly, I've wondered if recent projects like the Vivre Cards and Knowledge King contests don't benefit Oda and his assistants just because so many factoids and details are being brought up and it helps him plan his writing. He did mention he uses the Japanese fan database recently. All of those little details might escape him sometimes (like Shanks' scar!) but keeping the trivia at the forefront of the fan discussion helps remind him and his assistants of what mysteries still need answered.

People are not understanding a simple thing:

The world has already begun churning into motion

You can't stop the world from collapsing just because Luffy needs another 5 years to get stronger. Oda is in the end game here. Stabilization of global politics for Luffy is no longer possible. Oda has closed that door and threw away the keys.

This is ending in a month, one way or another. There is no timeskip before the final war.
The Oda can take a bold move and stretch the battles against the WG over many years. Describing the outcome of the main battles, make a kind of chronological description of the war, showing in the manga only the events in which the SHs took part(leaving other events for possible spin-offs), bringing the dream of each of them closer to fulfillment, until finally it is time for the last decisive battle, which he will fully describe in the manga.
But we know that everything will be strictly according to the principle and rules of senen.

Status
Not open for further replies.