News One Piece: Vivre Card (Data book)-Discussion Thread

ZenZu

The only one who can beat me is me
I don't know if it just says he's a swordsman or categorizes him as one. I mean, objectively, he is a swordsman. But him being dedicated to the blade just... Feels pretty lame, from where we were with King as a "killing machine".
Lol...you trolling? I doubt he's dedicated to the blade, the manga couldn't have done more to imply the complete opposite. Damn near stated he wasn't via Zoro.

TheAncientCenturion

I will never forgive Oda
‎‎‎
Lol...you trolling? I doubt he's dedicated to the blade, the manga couldn't have done more to imply the complete opposite. Damn near stated he wasn't via Zoro.
Yeah, I dunno where it's stated exactly in the VC. The translation we have in the other thread seems to be for a bunch of general info, not the entire card.

ZenZu

Yeah, I dunno where it's stated exactly in the VC. The translation we have in the other thread seems to be for a bunch of general info, not the entire card.
Big Mom, King type are objectively swordsman, so it would make sense if the VC categorizes King as one. But yea that's completely different from being a purist like Zoro is talking about in that panel, King apparently needs to claim he is one for confirmation.

When Daz fought Zoro this was his line for not being called a swordsman. So basically if you have other tools in your arsenal, as long as you don't claim to be a swordsman, you don't have to be one.

Zoro implied King was a Killing Machine, and not a swordsman. Like Daz claimed he was an assassin and not a swordsman. Whatever that means.

TheAncientCenturion

I will never forgive Oda
‎‎‎
When Daz fought Zoro this was his line for not being called a swordsman. So basically if you have other tools in your arsenal, as long as you don't claim to be a swordsman, you don't have to be one.

Zoro implied King was a Killing Machine, and not a swordsman. Like Daz claimed he was an assassin and not a swordsman. Whatever that means.
And very clearly, King v. Zoro is supposed to have callbacks and parallels to Daz v. Zoro. That's where I think the swordsman comment even comes up from.

What kind of brain rot stops people from reading how a fight develops. King literally comes down to challenge Zoro to a sword duel, how the bloody fuck is the convo in the very start more important than this? Then we get supplementary shit that King loves collecting swords and is called as the masked swordsman, not to mention that he has been using a sword since his teenage years to channel his Lunarian powers. HOLY FUCKING SHIT, PEOPLE ARE BEYOND RETARDED.

Gol D. Roger

ȶɦɛ քɨʀǟȶɛ ӄɨռɢ
King was never confirmed to be not a swordsman. Even his conversation with Zoro implies he's simply no confined to being a swordsman as he uses more than one fighting style.

I think everyone needs to read this to see how much input Oda actually has on Vivre Cards

https://x.com/sandman_AP/status/1619090897358192640/photo/1

https://x.com/ochimusha108/status/1619120239811371008

(The answer is next to none)
The data is still more canon than our opinions unless a better source contradicts it though.

ZenZu

I think everyone needs to read this to see how much input Oda actually has on Vivre Cards

https://x.com/sandman_AP/status/1619090897358192640/photo/1

https://x.com/ochimusha108/status/1619120239811371008

(The answer is next to none)
I'd hope everyone actually knows this, just fuel for agenda.

Though with Aramaki it's a different matter because his blade is black in the manga. It's not a matter of info but just illustration/colour. Toei decided with white, now in the VC his blade contradicts toei's colouring and aligns itself with the manga.

Zoro I guess you’re not a swordsman
King I’m not a swordsman
Weird stans they’re lying he is a swordsman

Zoro I guess lunarians are invulnerable with your flame on but not when it’s off
King oh you’re right I am invulnerable with my flame on but not when it’s off
Weird stans they’re lying zoro can hurt lunarians flame on

Zoro I guess taming enma will make me stronger
Weird stans no zoro’s lying he’s is weaker with enma

Zoro I need to hurry up and defeat Lucci as quick as possible
Weird stans zoro’s lying wasn’t even trying he was stalling on purpose

Manga ryokugyu’s blade is black
Weird stans the manga is lying it’s actually white like the manga + if it is black it’s just a sheath + if it’s not a sheath he was using passive hardening on it

:smart:

I'd hope everyone actually knows this, just fuel for agenda.

Though with Aramaki it's a different matter because his blade is black in the manga. It's not a matter of info but just illustration/colour. Toei decided with white, now in the VC his blade contradicts toei's colouring and aligns itself with the manga.
The issue with GB sword is he was using blackened haki at the time so that means there is a high possibility his sword was coated in haki like his fingers.

People can't just dismiss that just because they won't GB to have a black blade.