Who did More to capture Garp?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
So the point Is that I am comparing a pirate manga to the overall standard for fictional pirates?
Well, yes.

BB is much more pirate like, but Roger Is too. WB was less, but still.

I am not saying It's negative: I am saying if one think about pirates, surely Luffy doesn't come to mind.
I think the next most popular fictional pirate story after One piece is Pirates of the Caribbean… and in that I’d say Luffy is more like Jack sparrow than Roger or BB are.

This is simply main character syndrome. Main character syndrome in a pirate stories meant for kids.

So Luffy and Jack sparrow end up the way they are and the story has to justify it. That’s all.

I think the next most popular fictional pirate story after One piece is Pirates of the Caribbean… and in that I’d say Luffy is more like Jack sparrow than Roger or BB are.

This is simply main character syndrome. Main character syndrome in a pirate stories meant for kids.

So Luffy and Jack sparrow end up the way they are and the story has to justify it. That’s all.
Jack sparrow Is a real pirate though: he Is selfish scumbag that betray, steal, kill or at least try to. He Is an arrogant, greedy, selfcentered and scheming bastard.

Luffy, as you said, Is basically a hero.

Kizaruber Eats

Tired of it all.
We find out that Shanks' is in charge of Magellan's diet

SMH

Over a decade of crapping out Shanks' poison

This is the real reason Shiryu rebelled; he wanted to kill Shanks for revenge after destroying his best friend's life through IBS

:ronalugh:

Shiryu most loyal in the verse, willing to lose his entire career just so Magellan can shit in peace without Shanks' poisoning his food.
LMFAO, holy hell Shiryu might be top 5 written characters in One Piece, well maybe top 10 at minimum if this is true! Tempted to write up a tragi-comedy script based on this lmao.

Also Puta I mean Futa er I mean Uta ate mushrooms that were poisonous to her at least?! She was implied to have died in Film Inbred?!

And who took her body in the end in a coffin!?
:snoopy::crazwhat::perocry::emohiyo::robinsweat::kizawat:

It is Kuzan wavering.

Literally the second before Kuzan shows that surprised face at garp blitzing him, Garp is calling out Kuzan for being soft and holding back.

Both times actually

With Garp being confirmed alive, we know Kuzan didn't fight with intent to kill at all.

He's deep undercover. But still cares for his teacher.
By the way, the same word was used in the original when Nami explained the reason why Goofy & co got folded so badly by the CP9 after Robin left them.
"迷う", it can translate to hesitate/waver/losing your way
Funnily, they're basically saying the same thing worded differently.

Elder Lee Hung

Conqueror of the Stars
Lmao when has Kuzan’s fake leg ever been portrayed as a hindrance?
It’s a bunch of ice cubes lmfao, no different from a peg leg. A useless appendage that keeps him standing up straight, little more. Aokiji was Soruing all over Marineford back when he was actively training. I doubt Kuzan can even pull off Soru.

These moves are useless:

Flash freeze, ice block, partisan, pheasant beak.

Aside from Ice time, Kuzan's entire kit rn looks like someone like Garp can just ignore, he just broke out of ice block like nothing, then Kuzan started throwing hands. Basically Kuzan needs awakening or to show a higher level to his df than what we got.

If he has awakening like implied in the pic you posted, I think the chances that he is above Prime Garp are very high.
Lol

I always see Akainu’s magma wanked to high heaven because his magma blew holes in Whitebeard and Kuma, melted steel from a distance, and potentially wounded/incinerated Crydo.

Well, the guy who matched Akainu’s AP for ten days straight has a useless Devil Fruit huh? Aokiji’s ice is just as lethal as Akainu’s beloved magma but apparently Aokiji’s fruit is useless? Lol

It’s time for y’all to stop micro analyzing Oda’s inconsistent as all hell feats and look at portrayal. Seriously, there is no consistency to this shit. Akainu’s Magma failed to gib Curiel one second and incinierated Pacifista armor the next second. Kizaru’s light kicks didn’t tickle Bonney one second and then casually bloodied exoskeleton Sanji the next second. Oda does whatever the fuck he wants. Stop taking this shit so seriously.

If Oda wants Aokiji’s ice time to one shot Kaido, Aokiji’s ice time one shots Kaido. If Oda wants Otama to escape ice time, Otama is escaping ice time. Portrayal is what matters. Oda could give less of a fuck about individual feats.

Status
Not open for further replies.