Controversial Nintendo finally sues Palworld

Do you feel it's deserved?

• Total voters
Patents they are probably suing Pocketpair for:

Abstract:
In a first mode, an aiming direction in a virtual space is determined based on a second operation input, and a player character is caused to launch, in the aiming direction, an item that affects a field character disposed on a field in the virtual space, based on a third operation input. In a second mode, the aiming direction is determined, based on the second operation input, and the player character is caused to launch, in the aiming direction, a fighting character that fights, based on the third operation input.
This sounds like the aiming mechanism for the pal sphere, and:

Abstract:
In an example of a game program, a ground boarding target object or an air boarding target object is selected by a selection operation, and a player character is caused to board the selected boarding target object. If the player character aboard the air boarding target object moves toward the ground, the player character is automatically changed to the state where the player character is aboard the ground boarding target object, and brought into the state where the player character can move on the ground.
This sounds like the basic mount mechanics.

Nintendo once banned Pokemon Prism, that rom hack was better than anything Nintendo has ever done. They also banned Pokemon Uranium. Those jealous cucks that only cater to 6 year old players should either bulk up and make good games for older gen or let others do it. I play rom hacks more than the mainstream games. Them bringing out new emulators every year sucks ass too. Last main game I played was ORAS.

I honestly don't know. It feels like Nintendo is simply doing what they always do by trying to screw over smaller companies due to their unreasonable paranoia. But at the same time, palworld is very 'in your face' as a pokemon copycat. Personally, I want Nintendo to lose, but I do think it is valid for them to sue in this particular instance.

Then again, I'm a little bit uniformed about the situation, maybe Nintendo has no argument here and they're just playing the bully yet again.

Part of me thinks they should stand strong instead of buckling down, since the idea of a party-based monster game + adventure game with a battle mechanic isn't something that's exclusive to Pokemon. Digimon also had this mechanic (and even possibly SMT?) and they didn't get sued either

Could it be because of the "monster capture" mechanic?

Yoho

✌𝓣𝓱𝓮 𝓢𝓲𝓶𝓹𝓵𝓲𝓬𝓲𝓽𝔂 𝓸𝓯 𝓛𝓲𝓯𝓮✌
Part of me thinks they should stand strong instead of buckling down, since the idea of a party-based monster game + adventure game with a battle mechanic isn't something that's exclusive to Pokemon. Digimon also had this mechanic (and even possibly SMT?) and they didn't get sued either

Could it be because of the "monster capture" mechanic?
True, plenty of Ips follow this same process hell I remember this facebook game called Miscrits that was this layout. I guess they could try sueing for some of the pals looking like dime store versions of pokemon but unless they copyrighted every single Pokémon then I don't think they'd have a case

I never played Pal world but Maybe the game play Is to similar