Controversial Nintendo finally sues Palworld

Do you feel it's deserved?

• Total voters
I think it was Dragon Quest that they did a comparison of its monster's artwork and the original 100 Pokemon and Pokemon was a blatant copy of it just as much as Palworld's "pals" copy their pokemon.

They probably would have a case for copyright, though, as the plagiarism is obvious not just in the designs, but in some of the actual 3D Models being apparently ripped from a Pokemon game, but they're going for patent infringement.

The patents that exist on videogame technology are cancer, I saw a video on the topic from BaityBait (it's in Spanish) not that long ago and companies like Nintendo have been stopping others from using VERY BASIC game mechanics, that truly shouldn't be allowed.

So fuck Nintendo, even if they win.

CoC: Color of Clowns

Science(Knowledge) + God(Light) = Truth
โ€Ž
Nintendo is winning this.
These mfs would sue them if they wouldn't be sure of winning against them.

Nintendo has probably the world best Lawyer team.
:suresure:
Japanese is a nepotism driven society.

Nintendo has deep friends with deep money in the courts. Couple that with good lawyers, and how totally corrupt Japan's legal system is, and, yeah.

Palworld is screwed.

Yoho

โœŒ๐“ฃ๐“ฑ๐“ฎ ๐“ข๐“ฒ๐“ถ๐“น๐“ต๐“ฒ๐“ฌ๐“ฒ๐“ฝ๐”‚ ๐“ธ๐“ฏ ๐“›๐“ฒ๐“ฏ๐“ฎโœŒ
โ€Ž
Nintendo put more effort in this than their Pokemon game
:whitepress:
They need to drop a Vr pokemon game so I have a reason to buy a Vr headset

Yoho

โœŒ๐“ฃ๐“ฑ๐“ฎ ๐“ข๐“ฒ๐“ถ๐“น๐“ต๐“ฒ๐“ฌ๐“ฒ๐“ฝ๐”‚ ๐“ธ๐“ฏ ๐“›๐“ฒ๐“ฏ๐“ฎโœŒ
โ€Ž
Somehow I'm thinking that the experience of playing Pokemon in VR may end up being more uncomfortable than it may seem...

Holding a handheld >>> wearing VR headset for 3+ hours because unlike glasses those things can feel heavy at times.
True, technology advances fast so I think within the next 10 years we'll get glasses with VR capabilities

Daniel

โ€Žโ€Žโ€Žโ€Ž
True, technology advances fast so I think within the next 10 years we'll get glasses with VR capabilities
The base design of the touchscreen (and by extension, smartphones, tablets, etx.) haven't changed much compared to what they looked like even 10 years back, other than the fact that their capabilities improved.

The VR headset will need to be shrunk down to a size where its user can wear it for an extensive period of time without discomfort + have similar functionality to regular glasses (including its design) before we start seeing actual glasses with VR capabilities someday.

Yoho

โ€Ž
The base design of the touchscreen (and by extension, smartphones, tablets, etx.) haven't changed much compared to what they looked like even 10 years back, other than the fact that their capabilities improved.

The VR headset will need to be shrunk down to a size where its user can wear it for an extensive period of time without discomfort + have similar functionality to regular glasses (including its design) before we start seeing actual glasses with VR capabilities someday.
Fair but the thing with phones and tablets the design is already perfect, it's just the operating system that's updated VR sets are still relatively new so I think we'll see a few more design updates within the next 10 to 15 years

They even sued small indie developers for fan game that made no money off them/shut them down.

I also remember years ago they where copyright/taking videos down on youtube of people playing there game/walkthrough , so people wouldn't get their money of video gameplay they made.. nintendo would take that money.

till enough people protested call out there bs.

Mr. Reloaded

Professional backstabber
โ€Ž
I also remember years ago they where copyright/taking videos down on youtube of people playing there game/walkthrough , so people wouldn't get their money of video gameplay they made.. nintendo would take that money.

till enough people protested call out there bs.
This was before that crap Nintendo content creator partnership thing they tried to do right?

Absolutely justified. Doesnโ€™t matter if some people like Palworldโ€˜s world building and story better, itโ€˜s straight up like Pokemon and some of the pals even resemble the mons. I hope they find a solution though without having to ban the game.