Status
Not open for further replies.

Ratchet

The End and the Beginning
Nah bro, you tried your best. At the end of the day you can only do so much with certain slots.
I still had the capacity to come up with the right answers. And I didn't do that. Was far too co corned about not being the reason Town lose by being horribly wrong instead of just playing unburdened by those sentiments. In other words, my ego cost the team, all I can do is try to play better next time.

I still had the capacity to come up with the right answers. And I didn't do that. Was far too co corned about not being the reason Town lose by being horribly wrong instead of just playing unburdened by those sentiments. In other words, my ego cost the team, all I can do is try to play better next time.
You were good, but Emil and Ultra deserved the win.

Yoho and Orca i think also played better than average townie this game.

i think it wud be much more appreciated if u were more forthcoming with what you planned to do before hand in the chat. i.e if you said i intend to bus vote ultra here because i do it as town etc... that wuda sufficed. the way you were doing it felt very unplanned spite vote. ultra was leading at some point in day 1 cuz of it. thats the part we r having bigger issue with. there is nothing wrong with bussing but make sure u coordinate it with the team. it felt like u were doing whatever u want alone here
He maxed out at 3 votes of 16. At some point D1 I told you all strategically based on my role and given everything it was probably the best case for us to win. Ultra went after me from the start as well without telling me anything. Even lied to get suspect on me. Maybe it felt like I was doing it alone, but strategically that's how you don't get tied to anyone. Difference of opinion on how to play as mafia imo. Too much planning in chat gets you caught

He maxed out at 3 votes of 16. At some point D1 I told you all strategically based on my role and given everything it was probably the best case for us to win. Ultra went after me from the start as well without telling me anything. Even lied to get suspect on me. Maybe it felt like I was doing it alone, but strategically that's how you don't get tied to anyone. Difference of opinion on how to play as mafia imo. Too much planning in chat gets you caught
Yeah, difference of opinion alright.

I can play however I see fit for my wincon. Best outcome I can see is to play as I would as town, you are playing like shit scum and I'm calling it out, you flip makes me semi clear and I flip makes you semi clear. No rules against bussing and based on your comments here, before the game, and elsewhere this is the logical outcome. Maybe try being a better person
The bolded is showing your hand, blatantly. Not really any way to misinterpret what this is. Try again.

Ratchet

The End and the Beginning
this post was the spark, ratchet. needed a bit more town to be cooking with u to light up that fire though
Like I said, I had the opportunity to come to the right answers. I didn't get it done. Simple as that really. I will always default to the notion that I could have done better, I don't want to take away from scum of course so I will leave it at that.

I was day vigged by my team mate once without even discussing anything first. It's stuff that works well as a strategy, but your team mates do tend to get angry at this. I recommend telling your team what you do beforehand, but everyone is different I guess.

Like I said, I had the opportunity to come to the right answers. I didn't get it done. Simple as that really. I will always default to the notion that I could have done better, I don't want to take away from scum of course so I will leave it at that.
Not taking anything away by acknowledging this was a trainwreck. I was pretty resigned to taking the piss this game the first cycle, then I saw Kekko flipped you as stump and our team mate was outted and I decided to try a bit more, because I felt those circumstances made it worth doing. I'd probably feel like a zombie playing this otherwise.

To your point about balance - I agree Melkor tends to stack Mafia. In practice you can expect game to average about 3 mislynches instead of 4 based on setup. Though if this were a competent town in the least bit, the propensity of roles and the amount of free clears could have made this a town sweep, in another universe

I was day vigged by my team mate once without even discussing anything first. It's stuff that works well as a strategy, but your team mates do tend to get angry at this. I recommend telling your team what you do beforehand, but everyone is different I guess.
Possibly, depends on the team I guess as well. But definitely not playing against my wincon

Rej

This forum is retarded.
Yikes, I am overall disappointed reading this post-game, and also while I read about your conflicts during the game.

Individually I really like everyone of you guys, but ingame as team and opponents, you hate to see it.

This game is a prime example on why I became anxious to host and distanced myself from playing and hosting mafia. Seeing these kind of player behaviour as host is just discouraging and saddening, when your job is to host an enjoyable game for everyone where everyone can have fun.

I will sadly continue to act retired until I see an enviroment where these things will occur rarely and not game in and game out. This goes for both WG and OLF because OLF seems to suffer from similair problems. That's just the shared community at this point.

As players it is also your job to give newer hosts a chance to have an enjoyable game, also in it's conclusion and post-game discussion.
Please guys, learn to let go and start anew with every game. This circle beefing and eager competetiveness while aruging is just doing too much harm to the community. Also the refusal to play in alot of circumstances...that's also a real thorn in a host's heart.

Anyway gg to everyone and nice setup @Lord Melkor
I hope you continue to host and enjoy hosting in future. You def need more games up your sleeve and refinement and you will become just amazing.

Status
Not open for further replies.