Controversial Nintendo finally sues Palworld

Do you feel it's deserved?

• Total voters
Absolutely justified. Doesn’t matter if some people like Palworld‘s world building and story better, it‘s straight up like Pokemon and some of the pals even resemble the mons. I hope they find a solution though without having to ban the game.
they had years to do it, just when pal world made millions they decided to make patent to sue them.

also there designs are like fake troll pokemon.

and also this like tac mention lmao
Damn… that’s unheard of…

didn't even know this. lololololol

Yoho

✌𝓣𝓱𝓮 𝓢𝓲𝓶𝓹𝓵𝓲𝓬𝓲𝓽𝔂 𝓸𝓯 𝓛𝓲𝓯𝓮✌
they had years to do it, just when pal world made millions they decided to make patent to sue them.

also there designs are like fake troll pokemon.

and also this like tac mention lmao

didn't even know this. lololololol
Years? I could of sworn the world of pals game out this year

Pokemon comes from Dragon Quest no?
Then what about Dragon Quest do the same thing about Pokemon?
Also Nintendo is just greedy clowns who makes bad game. Last Pokemon game was made like for 2008 year PC. It is bad in everything. While Palworld is better then Nintendo in everything
Post automatically merged:

Part of me thinks they should stand strong instead of buckling down, since the idea of a party-based monster game + adventure game with a battle mechanic isn't something that's exclusive to Pokemon. Digimon also had this mechanic (and even possibly SMT?) and they didn't get sued either

Could it be because of the "monster capture" mechanic?
They tried actually, but they lost LOL

Anyway

Pokemon comes from Dragon Quest no?
Then what about Dragon Quest do the same thing about Pokemon?
Also Nintendo is just greedy clowns who makes bad game. Last Pokemon game was made like for 2008 year PC. It is bad in everything. While Palworld is better then Nintendo in everything

They tried actually, but they lost LOL

Anyway

Wtf are you talking about, you airhead.

Nintendo doesn't make the Pokemon games, the Pokemon Company/Game Freak does.

The last Pokemon game wasn't even that bad, yeah it had its issues but when it came to the story, characters, and DLC they were actually really good.

And when it comes to Legends Arceus, that is easily one of the best modern Pokemon games, most people enjoyed that game.

Also the comparison to Dragon Quest is so fucking dumb, none of those creatures look nothing like the ones from Pokemon.

Even those on the Dragon Quest reddit agree that this comparison is fucking dumb.

And again they are not even suing for copyright but for patent infringement.

Yeah Nintendo is greedy but so are the other video game companies, don't fucking act like Nintendo is the only one.

And saying they only make make bad games is such a dumb take, let me guess you're either a dumb PC person or a dumb Microsoft Clown.

As for Palworld, while I'm pretty sure the game is fun, the fact remains that all the hype for that game is gone.

People hyped up that game and then guess what? Surprise Surprise, they moved on to the next hype game.

People hyped up that game and then guess what? Surprise Surprise, they moved on to the next hype game.
This post seems oddly aggressive for no reason, but I would like to challenge this point. This happens with pretty much every single game, as a game itself can't really last forever? Like, people played the game and it was at one point the most played game on steam (to my knowledge, this claim could be wrong). People hyped the game and then moved to the next one, why are you acting like this is anything bad?
Yeah Nintendo is greedy but so are the other video game companies, don't fucking act like Nintendo is the only one.
This is also rather silly to claim I believe. You're essentially saying "while this thing is bad, other things are also bad, so this thing is therefor good". Nintendo is undoubtedly a greedy company, and they undoubtedly have done something wrong in this instance. Palworld is a different game, and is not blatantly infringing copyright like the majority of people in this thread are claiming they are. (https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/does-palworld-break-pokemons-copyright-we-asked-a-lawyer) (https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/b...n-copyright-law-says-likely-legal-1235805397/) (https://news.northeastern.edu/2024/01/25/palworld-pokemon-copyright-infringement/)

In addition to that, the patents were filed only a short bit ago, although my time frame was wrong (https://gamerant.com/nintendo-pokemon-palworld-pocketpair-lawsuit-which-patent/).
And saying they only make make bad games is such a dumb take, let me guess you're either a dumb PC person or a dumb Microsoft Clown.
Lastly, this is pretty clearly a matter of opinion.

This post seems oddly aggressive for no reason, but I would like to challenge this point. This happens with pretty much every single game, as a game itself can't really last forever? Like, people played the game and it was at one point the most played game on steam (to my knowledge, this claim could be wrong). People hyped the game and then moved to the next one, why are you acting like this is anything bad?

This is also rather silly to claim I believe. You're essentially saying "while this thing is bad, other things are also bad, so this thing is therefor good". Nintendo is undoubtedly a greedy company, and they undoubtedly have done something wrong in this instance. Palworld is a different game, and is not blatantly infringing copyright like the majority of people in this thread are claiming they are. (https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/does-palworld-break-pokemons-copyright-we-asked-a-lawyer) (https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/b...n-copyright-law-says-likely-legal-1235805397/) (https://news.northeastern.edu/2024/01/25/palworld-pokemon-copyright-infringement/)

In addition to that, the patents were filed only a short bit ago, although my time frame was wrong (https://gamerant.com/nintendo-pokemon-palworld-pocketpair-lawsuit-which-patent/).

Lastly, this is pretty clearly a matter of opinion.
No fucking shit people hype up a game and then move on the next, I know that, the thing is I've seen some say that Palworld is the greatest thing ever and that the hype wouldn't go away, which is why I brought that up.

As for the second statement, wtf are you talking about? I'm not saying that just because others are greedy as well, that means Nintendo is good.

Get the fuck out of here, I said they are all greedy companies, and I never said anything about Palworld being greedy, I'm talking about other major video game companies.

As for the third take.

No fucking duh it's a matter of opinion, if you actually fucking read what the other user was saying, he was clearly hating for the sake of hating just because he doesn't like Nintendo.

Oh wow a Japanese company that takes their ip very seriously and are greedy, wow what a fucking shocker.:seriously:

This isn't anything new, we have seen this with other major Japanese companies as well.

If you think Nintendo is the only greedy major video company and then act like the others aren't, then you really are a dumb biased clown.

The last Pokemon game wasn't even that bad, yeah it had its issues but when it came to the story, characters, and DLC they were actually really good.
How this is GOOD? Graphics used from 2006 LOLOLOL Just look on the water, grass or flowers hahahaha

Now look on this hahahaha This is how Pokemon game should look like nowadays
And when it comes to Legends Arceus, that is easily one of the best modern Pokemon games, most people enjoyed that game.
This is remake. SO your point is stuuuupid.
Also the comparison to Dragon Quest is so fucking dumb, none of those creatures look nothing like the ones from Pokemon.
Well, gameplay is different in Palworld and Pokemon. The only thing which is similar was Monsters. Catching monsters in ball comes from Dragon Quest. This is how you tamed monsters :D
As for Palworld, while I'm pretty sure the game is fun, the fact remains that all the hype for that game is gone.

People hyped up that game and then guess what? Surprise Surprise, they moved on to the next hype game
Palworld was never a life service game, which is good. It's hype didn't died. Playing not life service game non stop don't make sence. Game is still in production.

nd saying they only make make bad games is such a dumb take, let me guess you're either a dumb PC person or a dumb Microsoft Clown.
cry more

BTW I will say that Palworld finally can create some competition, that could make Nintendo to make normal game.

Last edited:
Part of me thinks they should stand strong instead of buckling down, since the idea of a party-based monster game + adventure game with a battle mechanic isn't something that's exclusive to Pokemon. Digimon also had this mechanic (and even possibly SMT?) and they didn't get sued either

Could it be because of the "monster capture" mechanic?
In this age, all they had to do was get unique designs of those animals instead of getting "inspired" by pokemon, its 2024 now too.