General & Others For my fellow Naruto fans, can Oda give OP a worse ending than shinobi war?

can he?

• Yes

Votes: 32 74.4%
  • No, I am an Oda fan

Votes: 11 25.6%

• Total voters
I dont think so, 4th ninja war was absolute horrible. Every village put aside their rivalry - edo tensei to bring people back to life - Kaguya as final villain - Oda cant do worse than that. The entire war might not be that good - but I am pretty sure the final battle between Blackbeard pirates vs Strawhats will be epic.
but 4th shinobi war was so bad that it was good: stealing eyes, kaiju beasts, edo tensai, hashirama cells, aliens, reincarnation.

Naruto and One Piece have always been kinda equal to me. But after what Oda has produced for the last decade it's cemented Naruto's superiority. More iconic, emtional, epic and tense while being far less of a sell-out.

The final war might not only be worse but with Nikka it's guaranteed to be far worse.
Exactly 💯 💯 💯 💯 💯

At least in Odas defense he ruined his series a bit earlier than Kishimotos war arc so there's more time to course correct
Post automatically merged:

Naruto vs Sasuke was not an epilogue. Sasuke literally is the final villain Kishi was building up to the entire story and their fight is the climax. I mean just look at his motivations for doing what he did, he just took pieces of characters like Pain, Obito and Madara. He is/was the ultimate villain.
Madara was the goat, and is Narutos Kaido
Post automatically merged:

I feel it's a bit disingenuous to label her the final villain when she exist between 680-690. Also, just ignoring Madara for no reason; I don't know if you're just trying to give Oda more points by comparision. I'm too much of a Narutard to let it slide.

I don't think Imu has "hardcore prep". They were introduced as a silhouette, then the "empty throne" concept was introduced 2 chapters later. That's not very organic. For organic foreshadowing, how about we look at Madara Uchiha, naruto's penultimate villain.

In chapter 225, Itachi just drops this line and leaves.

In 234 we get a bit of context, but they never say "this is the guy Itachi was talking about."

(Side note: If I was as generous as an average one piece enjoyer. I would call this intentional pre-planned god level Ashura/Indra foreshadowing. )

Chapter 309 we finally get a name drop.

(maybe it is time to start considering this ashura/indra stuff)

Then itachi reveals that he's alive we know the rest. This shyt is organic, slow, and the payoff was great.

He comes back in the final arc at chapter 559 and rocks the arc until chapter 679. You can't just prop up a 10 chapter villain and downplay a 119 chapter one.
Itachi is the best Naruto villain after Pain

Last edited: