General & Others For my fellow Naruto fans, can Oda give OP a worse ending than shinobi war?

can he?

• Yes

Votes: 29 72.5%
  • No, I am an Oda fan

Votes: 11 27.5%

• Total voters
The Naruto arc is not necessarily bad per say, its problem is its ending in majority.

This last arc lack a bit of emotional punch, but the majority is solid. The main problem arrives with the ending moments and the last antagonist : Kaguya

The revelations and development surrounding her moment lacks plantings. With enough plantings in the story (mostly foreshadowing and prophecies) you would have been able to create a great development. But its this apparition felt unearned.

A story with a lack of plantings will fail, always.

Aside from that, its not really that bad.

The last antagonist is Sasuke. How many chapters was Kaguya even around, she had like 5 lines, nobody cares. Honestly they should have just sealed Madara, but then he wouldn't have gotten closure. So she spat him out at the end to aknowledge Hashirama's path and die lol.

Even Naruto himself called her mid.

The last antagonist is Sasuke. How many chapters was Kaguya even around, she had like 5 lines, nobody cares. Honestly they should have just sealed Madara, but then he wouldn't have gotten closure. So she spat him out at the end to aknowledge Hashirama's path and die lol.

Even Naruto himself called her mid.
This was the epilogue, not the final war.

Kaguya, even without words was not prepared enough. This resulted (at least for me) in the feeling that this last antagonist was coming a bit out of nowhere (even if there were some little clues here and there). Such an antagonist needs hardcore preparation, just like we are witnessing with Imu in One Piece.

This was the epilogue, not the final war.

Kaguya, even without words was not prepared enough. This resulted (at least for me) in the feeling that this last antagonist was coming a bit out of nowhere (even if there were some little clues here and there). Such an antagonist needs hardcore preparation, just like we are witnessing with Imu in One Piece.
I feel it's a bit disingenuous to label her the final villain when she exist between 680-690. Also, just ignoring Madara for no reason; I don't know if you're just trying to give Oda more points by comparision. I'm too much of a Narutard to let it slide.

I don't think Imu has "hardcore prep". They were introduced as a silhouette, then the "empty throne" concept was introduced 2 chapters later. That's not very organic. For organic foreshadowing, how about we look at Madara Uchiha, naruto's penultimate villain.

In chapter 225, Itachi just drops this line and leaves.

In 234 we get a bit of context, but they never say "this is the guy Itachi was talking about."

(Side note: If I was as generous as an average one piece enjoyer. I would call this intentional pre-planned god level Ashura/Indra foreshadowing. )

Chapter 309 we finally get a name drop.

(maybe it is time to start considering this ashura/indra stuff)

Then itachi reveals that he's alive we know the rest. This shyt is organic, slow, and the payoff was great.

He comes back in the final arc at chapter 559 and rocks the arc until chapter 679. You can't just prop up a 10 chapter villain and downplay a 119 chapter one.

I feel it's a bit disingenuous to label her the final villain when she exist between 680-690
And yet, that's the reality. And the fact that you can brush her off like that shows exactly what I'm saying: She was badly prepared, there were not enough planting to prepare her coming and therefore people will only remember Madara.

I don't know if you're just trying to give Oda more points by comparision. I'm too much of a Narutard to let it slide.
And yet you will have to. Imu was massively prepped for the ending point.

So much that the public is craving for its appearance. Which was not the case for Kaguya at the time for semi casual readers.

They were introduced as a silhouette, then the "empty throne" concept was introduced 2 chapters later. That's not very organic.
Imu has not been introduced yet. What we had, for now, is simple prepping. Its plantings allowing us to expect his introductions and high stakes motivations.

For organic foreshadowing, how about we look at Madara Uchiha, naruto's penultimate villain.

In chapter 225, Itachi just drops this line and leaves.
Madara was really well introduced. I have no problem with him, that's one of the aspect of the war I liked. (I was a big defensor of Naruto at a time against people who were trashing on the ending)

And yet you will have to. Imu was massively prepped for the ending point.

Imu has not been introduced yet. What we had, for now, is simple prepping. Its plantings allowing us to expect his introductions and high stakes motivations.
:catrude: Imu has speaking lines in real time, Imu's enacting their will onto the world and making it move in real time.
We get close up shots of their face and everything, but because their skin & clothes are made out of some sort of light absorbing material, they're not introduced?

Better be some great reveal, because keeping a random bloke in silhouette this long makes little sense.

In earlier arcs people would join Luffy because he’s well, Luffy
Right now we have a completely different main character, and it’s not an original form, but the same as an ancient god worshipped far and wide by everyone
Is this what haters talk about they're left alone together make up bullshit so they can get more angry for no reason.
Post automatically merged:

Luffy is practically dead
Just so wrong

Naruto vs Sasuke was not an epilogue. Sasuke literally is the final villain Kishi was building up to the entire story and their fight is the climax. I mean just look at his motivations for doing what he did, he just took pieces of characters like Pain, Obito and Madara. He is/was the ultimate villain.

not really

OP Kaguya was introduced waaaay earlier and has some build-up

there's no Saske for Luffy to fight
Coby

me remember Shikimoto interview where he say he come up with new naruto chapter ideas in a bubblebath... this interview was around pain arc time so maybe war arc is product of bath salts.......

chapter 599/600 = worst naruto chapter!!!!!!!!!!!
😆 🤣 dude that can't be real

People love shitting on Naruto's war arc, but it's always so vague, no substance. I guess since it ended a decade ago people just go with the culture.

"Bad because retcons & plotholes", like okay which ones? Got any specifics?

Yeah people act like Ashura's destiny was to become hokage/jesus. When his destiny is to fight his brother over and over again in a cycle of hatred.

The whole purpose was to say that Naruto's very soul prepetuates a cycle of hatred, that pain and Jiraiya challenged him to break.

He breaks that destiny by reforming and befriending Sasuke.
They talk trash bc of boruto, if that show never took off, Naruto legacy would have been better off due to nostalgia

People love shitting on Naruto's war arc, but it's always so vague, no substance. I guess since it ended a decade ago people just go with the culture.

"Bad because retcons & plotholes", like okay which ones? Got any specifics?
Here's a list of my personal hated plot points:
  • Edo Tensei being an invincible Jutsu with no counter allowign you to resurrect invincible ninjas that have infinite chakra
  • Tobi being persuaded that he was a good guy (talk no jutsu)
  • Every single character in Naruto being useless except Naruto and Kakashi and Sasuke
  • Talking about character murdered, Gai, used as a jobber to hype the invincible madara
  • Power scaling off the chart, it used to be a battle of smarts it becomes dragonball
  • Infinite chakra.
"No substance".

It's already worse..... Unlike naruto were even in final war only the last few chapters with fights became too long.... This series is gonna suck.... Too much dragging... Fights with multiple times getting up with food and other stuff.... Damn it's going to be boring as f :mihugh:
I will 99.9 % leave before it ends..

As long as I know everything is done.. Won't care about fights ending
OP is already worse after Nika reveal

Naruto and One Piece have always been kinda equal to me. But after what Oda has produced for the last decade it's cemented Naruto's superiority. More iconic, emtional, epic and tense while being far less of a sell-out.

The final war might not only be worse but with Nikka it's guaranteed to be far worse.
Agreed Lolda had a chance till end of WCI imho